Turn on thread page Beta

Make up advice needed - prom tonight watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok well my ball is tonight and I have no idea what to do with my eyes, my dress is tourqouise blue and i was going to go for blue eyes but ive heard you shouldn't match ur eye shadow to your clothes.

So anyone got any ideas out there?

ReputationRep:
    Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_meiow)
    Please help
    I'm not a big make-up expert but it really does depend on the rest of you.

What's your dress like?

I would say that if you do go something fancy with the eyes then keep the rest of your face simple otheriwse you risk looking like a bit of a Barbie! Draw attaention only to the parts of you that you want. And as for matching the dress to your eye make-up, there is no rule that says you cannot. -Obviously some people pull it off better than others. And if depends how subtle you decided to be. If you post a pic, it would be easier to judge.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Silvery is always a good bet as it goes with most things and gives you a sweet and sugary look

ReputationRep:
    what colour are your eyes and hair? and your skin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monii)
    what colour are your eyes and hair? and your skin?
    Dark brown eyes and hair and tanned skin, you can see me in the pic.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rising_moon)
    I'm not a big make-up expert but it really does depend on the rest of you.

What's your dress like?

I would say that if you do go something fancy with the eyes then keep the rest of your face simple otheriwse you risk looking like a bit of a Barbie! Draw attaention only to the parts of you that you want. And as for matching the dress to your eye make-up, there is no rule that says you cannot. -Obviously some people pull it off better than others. And if depends how subtle you decided to be. If you post a pic, it would be easier to judge.

Hope that helps.
    My cam is messed up and wont actually allow me to transfer the pics on to the comp so I can't post a pic of the dress. Its kinda hard to explain but its halter neck and is russhed to the waist then has diff layers for the main of the skirt, quite short (a bit slutty lol)

ReputationRep:
    Oh found this site ok Catherine Z jones looks amazing but which one do you lot prefer?

1. http://www.beautyriot.com/article.php?id=1712&c_id=4

2. http://www.beautyriot.com/article.php?id=1855&c_id=4

ReputationRep:
    why not stick to natural/neutral colours - cremes and browns and greys - on you eyes. you can make them smokey and sexy and subtle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    why not stick to natural/neutral colours - cremes and browns and greys - on you eyes. you can make them smokey and sexy and subtle.
    When I do subtle it looks like I have nothing on and I like it to be noticable.

ReputationRep:
    When I do subtle it looks like I have nothing on and I like it to be noticable.
    fair enough. i think browns and greys sort of smudged around your eyes looks more sophisticated than blues to match your dress...

you could do it darker than usual to make them noticeable?

ReputationRep:
    fair enough. i think browns and greys sort of smudged around your eyes looks more sophisticated than blues to match your dress...

you could do it darker than usual to make them noticeable?
    Like the pics of Catherine ZJ in a previous post?

ReputationRep:
    what about an emerald colour for your eyes mixed with black eye liner and mascara? would that work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealityIsDull)
    what about an emerald colour for your eyes mixed with black eye liner and mascara? would that work?
    I do that quite a lot, need a bit of a change.

So is that a no to the CZJ?

ReputationRep:
    Like the pics of Catherine ZJ in a previous post?
    yeah, that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, that kind of thing.
    which one? there are two.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, after seeing your pic then the ones of CZJ, if u were to choose one of those styles, the second pic with the darker eyes would make your brown eyes stand out more. The pink in the first one can look too neutral if you want them to stand out. At the end of the day it's your choice, but I think the second one would suit you more.
    Have fun tonight! Mine's tonight as well - I'm really excited. Let me know which you go for, if any!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giftofgab2k)
    I have to say, after seeing your pic then the ones of CZJ, if u were to choose one of those styles, the second pic with the darker eyes would make your brown eyes stand out more. The pink in the first one can look too neutral if you want them to stand out. At the end of the day it's your choice, but I think the second one would suit you more.
    Have fun tonight! Mine's tonight as well - I'm really excited. Let me know which you go for, if any!
    I think i might go for that and at least it has step by step, but I know it will end up looking nothing like that lol.

Yeah have fun tonight aswell, aww I can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    It probably won't look exactly like it, but I bet it will look pretty damn good!! If you end up doin it & not likin it, you could always adapt the bit you don't like and make it your own!!
    Hope I've helped a bit. It's so excitin! We'll both have a blast!

ReputationRep:
    which one? there are two.
    the one with more browns and less "wine".

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.