Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does any 1 know when sheffields (not the hallam one) fresher week is ? i've heard the first paper work day is sept 15th.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.shef.ac.uk/ssid/introweek

ReputationRep:
    most people move in on the 17/18th (Sat/sun) and then freshers week begins on the monday 19th. ..

ReputationRep:
    see u ther u sheffield newbies!! us 2nd years wil show u a wicked time!! any 2nd years-to-be around?

ReputationRep:
    We are vaguely talking about having a tsr meet in either freshers week or the week after. Details to follow nearer the time if people are interested

ReputationRep:
    I'll be around in freshers week sorting out activities bazaar, tsr meet up would be good!

ReputationRep:
    any advice for freshers week? like things that you really wish you had brought with you?

ReputationRep:
    if ur in halls (this is particularly 4 girls!) they dont have full length mirrors!! that's one thing i wish i'd bought with me! schl uniforms...always a fav! so bring white shirts & ties! hmm...check out an old post about stuf to bring! (could u make that post sticky again expression? it was really helpful last yr!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anjimcflanji)
    any advice for freshers week? like things that you really wish you had brought with you?
    A replacement liver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickleangel)
    if ur in halls (this is particularly 4 girls!) they dont have full length mirrors!! that's one thing i wish i'd bought with me!
    really? where did you start. tapton had full length mirrors inside the wardrobe doors.

agree with you on the school uniform though.

ReputationRep:
    i was in sorby...could be why!!

ReputationRep:
    You can get a full length mirror in the moor for £25

ReputationRep:
    How much money do you reckon one spend the first 2 weeks with all the pubbing, freshers week etc.???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drinkman)
    How much money do you reckon one spend the first 2 weeks with all the pubbing, freshers week etc.???
    its virtually imposible to say, as everyone is different.
    if you allowed £200 for both weeks i'd say you'd have no money worries at all. (ie you could drink cocktails all night )

ReputationRep:
    That's cheap! ...All I need is beer! I was affraid you would say £600+...On the day of our last exam we dropped about £800 at our table. No regrets, but everyone was flat out broke rest of the month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drinkman)
    That's cheap! ...All I need is beer! I was affraid you would say £600+...On the day of our last exam we dropped about £800 at our table. No regrets, but everyone was flat out broke rest of the month.
    ok, you may need more then

£1.50 a pint is a good guide for studenty places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by followmearound)
    A replacement liver.
    thanks for reminding, I'd forget it

ReputationRep:
    Advice for freshers' week....

look out for the Blue Man.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlett_Jewel)
    Advice for freshers' week....

look out for the Blue Man.....
    is he that guy from Sesame Street?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    We are vaguely talking about having a tsr meet in either freshers week or the week after. Details to follow nearer the time if people are interested
    New to this forum but this would be great. If there is one, I'll come !

As far as the intro week is concerned, is it better to come on the saturday before or even the friday ? Are there any events during this week-end ?

(Original post by KidA)
    ]£1.50 a pint is a good guide for studenty places.
    Ok, that's cheap but what kind of beer could you get there for that price ?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 1, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.