George Orwell in spain anyone??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
mjw
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hi there. i'm doing a talk in class about the moral dilema "in the fight against evil do the ends ever justify the means?"
i have to somehow tie this into homage to catalonia... any ideas?

i've already decided i'm gonna draw parallels with the war on terrorism but i've yet to find anything in orwell's writings to show his stance on the subject of fighting against evil...

PLEASE HELP A STRESSED UNI THIRD YEAR!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
It sounds slightly tenuous to try and draw parallels between the The War On Terror / Operation Infinite justice and the Spanish Civil War, no? What kind of connections are you going to make? I'd be wary of linking every historical event that has ever occurred to the war on terror. Really, the Spanish Civil war was conventional. Although you could perhaps get away with comparing Orwell to foreign Al Queda members, if you perceive the foreign Al Qaeuueuuda members to have some semblance of moral authority about them.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.19%
Worried (305)
17.96%
Terrified (378)
22.26%
Meh (162)
9.54%
Confused (37)
2.18%
Putting on a brave face (233)
13.72%
Impatient (213)
12.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise