What is the longest you have had to spend on a coach/train? Watch

This discussion is closed.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
My record is 7 hours from Newcastle to London, and I think thats pretty fast by todays standards with all the traffic problems. It is the most boring thing in the world, especially when you are surrounded by older people who all snore. I mean there must have been 7 people in the surrounding seats who were snoring, it was driving me demented!

Come on, I'm sure you can beat that.

Adam
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
5 hours to Cambridge must have been the longest.

Actually, when I went to the south of france on a train, it took a whole day!
tommypip
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
My record is 7 hours from Newcastle to London, and I think thats pretty fast by todays standards with all the traffic problems. It is the most boring thing in the world, especially when you are surrounded by older people who all snore. I mean there must have been 7 people in the surrounding seats who were snoring, it was driving me demented!

Adam

10 hours from Southampton to Inverness
_EMMA_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byb3)

Adam
15 hours
Psyche
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
About 12 hours from the West country to Paris. Luckily we got a break though when crossing the channel.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
26 hours on a coach when i went skiing... break on the ferry and service stations, but pretty much constant... and i've done it 3 times (return).... omg how much of my life have i wasted on a coach?

lou xxx
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
9 hours overnight - and i was completely squash cos the bloke sat next to me was a little on the big side lol!
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
26 hours on a coach when i went skiing... break on the ferry and service stations, but pretty much constant... and i've done it 3 times (return).... omg how much of my life have i wasted on a coach?

lou xxx
26 hours! - i would go insane!
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
14 hours from the Isle of Wight to Paris.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
About 14 Hours for Cumbria to Paris. Although my friend was on a coach for about 30 hours to Vienna.
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
18 hours from St Malo to Rome
Hibbsy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theone)
About 14 Hours for Cumbria to Paris. Although my friend was on a coach for about 30 hours to Vienna.

Carlisle to Courmayeur(sp?) in the Italian Alps. Well over a day and a half

The ski-ing was very enjoyable tho.
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
26 hours on a coach when i went skiing... break on the ferry and service stations, but pretty much constant...
Same here.
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by VixenIW)
14 hours from the Isle of Wight to Paris.
Eek, fourteen hours? It only took me nine hours to get from Peterborough to Rouen....
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

lou xxx
Same or longer on the Spanish trip last year. Went by coach (euro star to get across channel) through France to Spain.
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
48+ hours on a coach (well more like a shabby, smelly, sandy bus) in Nepal, very unpleasant and err 'character building' - there was a landslide so we were stuck there for about 3 days but luckily on the last night we resorted to sleeping on a restaurant floor... hmm, wonder if anyone can beat that
Alexander
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Twelve hours from Milton Keynes to Achnashellach (a hamlet in Wester Ross). It was a sleeper for most of the way though so it was good fun
ScaryMissMary
Report 15 years ago
10 hours, from Southampton to Munich - it sucked

Needless to say, I spent most of it filing my nails *vain*
icarusgideon
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byb3)

Adam

oohh really!?! I went last week there up north and it took only 2.5 hours by GNR trains.
Anna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
longest for me is 12hours. but that was on holiday in india.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (151)
18.04%
No (510)
60.93%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed