Turn on thread page Beta

What is the longest you have had to spend on a coach/train? watch

ReputationRep:
    My record is 7 hours from Newcastle to London, and I think thats pretty fast by todays standards with all the traffic problems. It is the most boring thing in the world, especially when you are surrounded by older people who all snore. I mean there must have been 7 people in the surrounding seats who were snoring, it was driving me demented!

Come on, I'm sure you can beat that.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    5 hours to Cambridge must have been the longest.

Actually, when I went to the south of france on a train, it took a whole day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    My record is 7 hours from Newcastle to London, and I think thats pretty fast by todays standards with all the traffic problems. It is the most boring thing in the world, especially when you are surrounded by older people who all snore. I mean there must have been 7 people in the surrounding seats who were snoring, it was driving me demented!

Adam

10 hours from Southampton to Inverness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)

Adam
    15 hours

ReputationRep:
    About 12 hours from the West country to Paris. Luckily we got a break though when crossing the channel.

ReputationRep:
    26 hours on a coach when i went skiing... break on the ferry and service stations, but pretty much constant... and i've done it 3 times (return).... omg how much of my life have i wasted on a coach?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    9 hours overnight - and i was completely squash cos the bloke sat next to me was a little on the big side lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    26 hours on a coach when i went skiing... break on the ferry and service stations, but pretty much constant... and i've done it 3 times (return).... omg how much of my life have i wasted on a coach?

lou xxx
    26 hours! - i would go insane!

ReputationRep:
    14 hours from the Isle of Wight to Paris.

ReputationRep:
    About 14 Hours for Cumbria to Paris. Although my friend was on a coach for about 30 hours to Vienna.

ReputationRep:
    18 hours from St Malo to Rome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    About 14 Hours for Cumbria to Paris. Although my friend was on a coach for about 30 hours to Vienna.

Carlisle to Courmayeur(sp?) in the Italian Alps. Well over a day and a half

The ski-ing was very enjoyable tho.

ReputationRep:
    26 hours on a coach when i went skiing... break on the ferry and service stations, but pretty much constant...
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    14 hours from the Isle of Wight to Paris.
    Eek, fourteen hours? It only took me nine hours to get from Peterborough to Rouen....

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    Same or longer on the Spanish trip last year. Went by coach (euro star to get across channel) through France to Spain.

ReputationRep:
    48+ hours on a coach (well more like a shabby, smelly, sandy bus) in Nepal, very unpleasant and err 'character building' - there was a landslide so we were stuck there for about 3 days but luckily on the last night we resorted to sleeping on a restaurant floor... hmm, wonder if anyone can beat that

ReputationRep:
    Twelve hours from Milton Keynes to Achnashellach (a hamlet in Wester Ross). It was a sleeper for most of the way though so it was good fun

ReputationRep:
    10 hours, from Southampton to Munich - it sucked

Needless to say, I spent most of it filing my nails *vain*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)

Adam

oohh really!?! I went last week there up north and it took only 2.5 hours by GNR trains.

ReputationRep:
    longest for me is 12hours. but that was on holiday in india.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.