Turn on thread page Beta

What is the longest you have had to spend on a coach/train? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    longest for me is 12hours. but that was on holiday in india.
    INDIA!!!!!!!!! YES!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZ_IT_COZ_I_IZ_)
    INDIA!!!!!!!!! YES!
    err ok..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    5 hours to Cambridge must have been the longest.

Actually, when I went to the south of france on a train, it took a whole day!
    4 days and nights when travelling abroad to spain - much rather catch a plane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    My record is 7 hours from Newcastle to London, and I think thats pretty fast by todays standards with all the traffic problems. It is the most boring thing in the world, especially when you are surrounded by older people who all snore. I mean there must have been 7 people in the surrounding seats who were snoring, it was driving me demented!

Come on, I'm sure you can beat that.

Adam
    34 hours from Ipswich to La Fosca(South Of Barcelona) this includes channel crossing and breaks and we broke down for 9 hours when our bus caught fire we spent the night on the benches outside a french service station near Rouen although we wernt on the bus we were next to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stu_uk_aussie)
    34 hours from Ipswich to La Fosca(South Of Barcelona) this includes channel crossing and breaks and we broke down for 9 hours when our bus caught fire we spent the night on the benches outside a french service station near Rouen although we wernt on the bus we were next to it
    Near Rouen? Isn't it a bit out the way...? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    40 hours london -> rzeszow (a city in south east poland) in the winter, a lot of motorways/roads were under deep snow, big traffic jams etc.

ReputationRep:
    ok, not just a coach, but: 6 hours on a plane to Dubai from Birmingham (and then 6 hours at the airport!), then another 6 hours from Dubai to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. Then about 15 hours (the day later, i must admit) on two coaches to a town in the north of Tanzania, on roads with no tarmac.

ReputationRep:
    15hrs from Cornwall to Edinburgh by train!!

ReputationRep:
    My record is 12 hours on a coach, Manchester to Paris, which has stupidly long considering Paris is only 350 miles away.

It has on a college trip and all the aisians were watching indian films all the way through. In last hour the tutors finally and snapped and said you're all watching home alone or nothing.

It really was a nightmare trip

The longest I have been a on a train for is 4 hours, Amsterdam to Paris. (this on a seperate triip)

My longest bus ride was 2.5 hours, Stockport to Bolton on the back of a Leyland Atlantean. Never again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icarusgideon)
    oohh really!?! I went last week there up north and it took only 2.5 hours by GNR trains.
    yeah but I used National Express coaches.

ReputationRep:
    20 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    20 hours.
    Did you get any breaks to stretch your legs?

ReputationRep:
    Around 27 hours from Calais in France to Lake como in Italy when i was 7.

ReputationRep:
    I went on an exchange with my school. I live in West Yorkshire and the Exchange was in a town on the very Souther border of Germany and Austria. It was the furthest away you could get while still being in Germany. I was supposed to take 24h each way, but we missed the ferry on the way back and ended up spending 29h on it instead. It was the worst day and a bit of my life, cos it meany being stuck with little room, german food and TEACHERS constantly without escape!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    My record is 7 hours from Newcastle to London, and I think thats pretty fast by todays standards with all the traffic problems. It is the most boring thing in the world, especially when you are surrounded by older people who all snore. I mean there must have been 7 people in the surrounding seats who were snoring, it was driving me demented!

Come on, I'm sure you can beat that.

Adam
    18 hours to france

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    ok, not just a coach, but: 6 hours on a plane to Dubai from Birmingham (and then 6 hours at the airport!), then another 6 hours from Dubai to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. Then about 15 hours (the day later, i must admit) on two coaches to a town in the north of Tanzania, on roads with no tarmac.

Wow! That must of been bad! 8h in an airport waiting for Concorde to depart was bad enough for me! But all of that in a couple of days! I bow down to you! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    it took about 40hrs to get to Moscow, although there were two connection changes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    14 hours from the Isle of Wight to Paris.
    Did you make that coach out of polystyrene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee)
    Did you make that coach out of polystyrene?
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    eh?
    Well it takes Eurostar trains 1.5 hours to get from London to Paris. The Isle of Wight is closer to Paris than London is.... Hell, you could have cycled that distance in that time.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.