Turn on thread page Beta

What is the longest you have had to spend on a coach/train? watch

ReputationRep:
    13 hours from newtown(wales) to the dingle(ireland!)

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah i forgot going to france with school that was about 3 days, we even slept on the bus!all the way their stop at disneyland and came back!it was hell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee)
    Well it takes Eurostar trains 1.5 hours to get from London to Paris. The Isle of Wight is closer to Paris than London is.... Hell, you could have cycled that distance in that time.
    it takes 9hrs to get from london to paris by coach. plus the time taken to get from the isle of wight to london and it think 14hrs is about right.

ReputationRep:
    Longest on a coach was 14 hours to France, longest on a train was 4 hours to Disneyland Paris (if you include changing trains twice)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    it takes 9hrs to get from london to paris by coach. plus the time taken to get from the isle of wight to london and it think 14hrs is about right.
    Huh? The Isle of Wight is closer to Paris than London is. Its just off the south coast!

It takes less than nine hours, thats for sure.

Therefore a sensible estimate would be 6/7 hours at most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee)
    Huh? The Isle of Wight is closer to Paris than London is. Its just off the south coast!

It takes less than nine hours, thats for sure.

Therefore a sensible estimate would be 6/7 hours at most.
    but no coach goes directly from the Isle of Wight to Paris. you need to go to London first.

ReputationRep:
    but no coach goes directly from the Isle of Wight to Paris. you need to go to London first.
    Haha! Of course they do!

ReputationRep:
    it took about 40hrs to get to Moscow, although there were two connection changes.
    I did the sleeper train from Moscow to St Petersburg. And I fell out the damn bunk at every station. Think that was 10 hours. Great trip though.

Think the longest I've been on a coach is 28 hours (with 2 hour break on ferry).

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how long, but going from South Mimms service station to Caen (and again to Strasbourg).
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I managed to take a day and a half to get from Bournemouth to Liverpool, partly through my own incompetance and partly due to the wonders of train travel.

I missed my midday train so had to wait for the 2pm one

went shopping to pass the time and managed to miss the 2pm one too :rolleyes:

sat immobile on the station waiting for the 4pm one.

Said train then derailled at Coventry at 6pm and by the time we'd all been unlaoded from the train it was 7:30pm and getting to L'pool looked unlikely so I got the local trains to Wolverhampton and stayed with my sister overnight

left on a 10am train the next day (a sunday)

my train ran late and missed it's connection at Stoke.

Spent 3 hours (!!!!!!!) sat in stoke station before the next northbound train.

Due to general oddness the Sunday Liverpool train went via manchester :confused: so I finally got in at 7pm sunday.

I'm going to be doing this trip again tomorrow...hopefully we'll make it in before our train is due to come back at midday on friday

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.