The Student Room Group

ARGH! Disaster!

Ok... parents have gone on holiday and I'm on my own for 2 weeks
THE FRIDGE HAS PACKED IN :frown:
So last night I had to quickly empty the booze fridge and put what I could in there. Thing is my USELESS stepsisters use that fridge to store their guinea pig food, which has completely rotted! The thing stinks. I've done my best to try and scrub all the crap out of there (an hours worth of scrubbing) but I'm worried that its tainting all the food because its still smells really bad. Any thoughts? :frown:
Mad Vlad
So last night I had to quickly empty the booze fridge and put what I could in there. Thing is my USELESS stepsisters use that fridge to store their guinea pig food (which has completely rotted! The thing stinks. I've done my best to try and scrub all the crap out of there (an hours worth of scrubbing) but I'm worried that its tainting all the food because its still smells really bad. Any thoughts? :frown:

Air freshner - several crates of. Its just typical. Things always go wrong when home alone. What a joke! :rolleyes: :mad:

Just get everything you can out thats edible and ram it somewhere else - the beer fridge/ freezer. Shut the door and forget it :wink:
Reply 2
F1 fanatic
Air freshner - several crates of. Its just typical. Things always go wrong when home alone. What a joke! :rolleyes: :mad:

Just get everything you can out thats edible and ram it somewhere else - the beer fridge/ freezer. Shut the door and forget it :wink:

No its the beer fridge that stinks!
Reply 3
put all the food in a black binliner...take it your best mates house..and try sticking it in their fridge...or nicely ask the neighbours...
Reply 4
Mad Vlad
So last night I had to quickly empty the booze fridge and put what I could in there. Thing is my USELESS stepsisters use that fridge to store their guinea pig food, which has completely rotted! The thing stinks. I've done my best to try and scrub all the crap out of there (an hours worth of scrubbing) but I'm worried that its tainting all the food because its still smells really bad. Any thoughts? :frown:

:rofl: I don't know why - but that made me laugh so much :smile:

try a cooler - you can pack it with ice and it'll stay clean (oh dear, i don't know the british term for 'cooler' :rolleyes: )
If the old fridge is screwed then throw it out and buy a new one? :smile:
Reply 6
Gwenyth!

try a cooler - you can pack it with ice and it'll stay clean (oh dear, i don't know the british term for 'cooler' :rolleyes: )

ice bag or ice box :wink:
Reply 7
Helen_w
ice bag or ice box :wink:

tank oo :redface:
Reply 8
Mad Vlad
So last night I had to quickly empty the booze fridge

I'm so impressed that you have a seperate fridge for booze :smile:
* gemchicken
I'm so impressed that you have a seperate fridge for booze :smile:

& Guinea Pig Food apparently :laugh:

I thought they just ate dried stuff - how come it's in the fridge?
Reply 10
they are sohpisitcated guinea pigs.perhaps they even have exported fleas
Reply 11
Is there anything you can put in the freezer?!

Or eat it all
if it smells, wash down the inside of the fridge with a solution of bicarbonate of soda in cold water. its from ma mummy's 'trade secrets' book of solutions to problems :biggrin:
Reply 13
I know exactly how you feel - our freezer packed in last week... in the middle of the heatwave :eek: and sweet JC it smelt bad!!
no way to get rid of the smell that in there but a way to stop it reappearing - as soon as you see your step sisters going anywhere near the beer fridge with guinea pig food remove it and put in their room. they will get the idea eventually!!

Latest

Trending

Trending