Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I drunkenly told this girl (that ive worked with and been friends with for about a year) that I love her, fancy her and want to be with her...

I was really drunk and it didn't have the desired effect.

She said she only wants me as a friend, and I don't know whether it's worth pursuing any further or just accept were only going to be mates.

Has anyone else had a 'lets just be friends' response from anyone, and what are the options available to take following this response! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
    I drunkenly told this girl (that ive worked with and been friends with for about a year) that I love her, fancy her and want to be with her...

I was really drunk and it didn't have the desired effect.

She said she only wants me as a friend, and I don't know whether it's worth pursuing any further or just accept were only going to be mates.

Has anyone else had a 'lets just be friends' response from anyone, and what are the options available to take following this response! :confused:
    do you actually like her and want more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    do you actually like her and want more?
    Yes i'd like a relationship with her, but don't know whether persuing her further is worth it..as it may jepordise a freindship...

urr why are girls so hard to please!

ReputationRep:
    Yes i'd like a relationship with her, but don't know whether persuing her further is worth it..as it may jepordise a freindship...

urr why are girls so hard to please!
    well how do u feel abt it
    could u continue being friends with her now that uv told her or what?
    i reckon you should still speak to her one more time when your SOBER and then see what she says and take it from there.

ReputationRep:
    cos girls more often than not dont know what they want

i dont think u shud try and be anything more than a friend. cos if u try and get with her, she'll start to dread seeing u cos u will b someone she doesnt wanna go out with but still tries. To keep the friendship, be nothing more than a friend; if she wants more (which may happen, but it seems unlikely) she already has an idea of how you feel, so wait for her to make a move.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, give it up. 'Let's just be friends' means 'not if you were the last man alive'. Women are easy to figure out. You just have to remember that they never say what they mean. I reckon this is caused by some sort of vitamin defficiency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverurie Jones)
    Dude, give it up. 'Let's just be friends' means 'not if you were the last man alive'.
    This part of the response is sound at least :p:

Don't try it on again! Or she'll see you as creepy-stalker type and that'll make you even less attractive to her

ReputationRep:
    It takes two to tango. It seems this particular lady doesn't want to dance. Don't force the issue.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice everyone...im just reverting the situation back to normality (ie just joking around like freinds) and it seems to be ok so far.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.