The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It should be alright. One time, when my broadband is set up, my dad wasn't here. He just asked me to sign it. Should be the same for you too, but in a different situation (i.e. parcel instead of broadband).
Reply 2
I had to sign for my mums new credit card as she was at work so that was fine.
Reply 3
-Sian-
I think the delivery man thought I was his wife... :rofl:

I get all the time, but vice versa on the phone, "hello is your wife there sir"
"YES i shall get my MOTHER for you at once"
when some sign for somthing as long as its some one in the hose it dosent matter how it so the coppney know that it it been deleverd
Reply 5
I think it's ok, as long as its delivered and they had a signature it doesn't matter. I used to work for a big company and I signed for anybodies parcels lol :biggrin: Didn't get me into trouble :biggrin:
Reply 6
Make sure you check the name and address, as otherwise you could be signing for something that's not meant for your house! But other than that it's OK, as it only says it's got to where it was supposed to go.

But now you have to give it to him and can't keep it for yourself!
Well its done now, but funny you should ask as yesterday i had to sign a parcel for my brothers phone, the delivery people dont care as long as someone signs it and they can go.
Reply 8
I am not sure of the legality of signing for someone elses parcel, but everyone does it all the time!
Reply 9
I think it's ok. I once told the delivery guy that my mum wasn't there, but he said that I could sign for the delivery.
Reply 10
Yeah, you can sign for parcels I think as long as you live there with the person the parcel is for.
Reply 11
yeah its fine, im always having to sign for my parents stuff :biggrin:
Yeah anybody at the address can sign for something that's been addressed there - but once signed for, liability for the carriage of the item passes from the delivery company to the person signing for the goods. Therefore, once they have a signature, the delivery company is absolved from any responsibility for the item going missing, etc.
Reply 13
Yeah it's fine. Although yesterday I signed for one for my Mum, and instead of giving me the old pen and paper, he gave me a stylus, and an electronic PDA thing. Only the stylus didn't really work, so I ended up scrawling some crap onto it! Very embarassing!
Anyone who can write can sign for a parcel. It's just so the Royal Mail can prove it was delivered and received by somebody.
Reply 15
i signed a parcel for my mum when i was 9 coz she werent in. I doubt the postman thought i was my dad :rolleyes:
Reply 16
OMG :eek: .....didnt you hear about the person who went to jail for signing a parcel for there dad?

:pepsi: :damnmate:
only kidding!!!!!!
Reply 17
Markus
I get all the time, but vice versa on the phone, "hello is your wife there sir"
"YES i shall get my MOTHER for you at once"

Hahaha :biggrin:
Reply 18
Not a big deal !
Reply 19
yeah, it can b signed by any1 at ur address i think

Latest