Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Put them in the loft.

You will be able to impress your grandchildren with the sheer volume of them when they try to impress you with the fact that they have had to store 4.8 tatofillion nitabytes of virtual infracybermath resume particles in the chip behind their left ear...

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    i reckon its best to keep em, especially if u got younger siblings doing similar subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I'll get much for A level textbooks on ebay? I must have about £40 worth of AS and A2 textbooks and I have no younger brothers/sisters who can use them. They're all in pretty excellent condition and I have a couple of older textbooks with a few highlights/notes but again in decent condition. No idea what to do with them though, either sell them for a reduced price or just give them all to my college?

ReputationRep:
    even though i would love to chuck them out, i thought i best keep them because it feels a shame to throw 2 years work away and also i actually enjoyed my a levels lol so i wouldn't mind looking over notes when older if i need extra information on a part of economics i studied for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God86)
    Having finished exams and wanting to get rid of as much evidence of the past 7 years, what are you going to do/have done with your piles of notes?
    I also have this problem, i have all my stuff from the past 7 years i think now it is time to throw out my high school stuff but i think i will save my college stuff as it might be useful at University.

ReputationRep:
    Burnt the chemistry notes, as it's been my bugbear and the bane of my existence for the past two years, and I felt like getting my own back. Recycled the rest. I don't want them. I still have textbooks and that...I'll keep the relevant ones, but I'm planning on taking a trip back to school in September to flog off the ones I don't want to this years sixth form intake.

ReputationRep:
    Some might come in handy for University if you're going... I am keeping my GCSE revision guides for the subjects I'm taking at AS, just so I can refer back to the basics once in a while. Keep the best (most important) ones is what I say.

ReputationRep:
    I'm keeping all mine certainly until results day, because I'm a bit paranoid like that. Assuming I don't have to retake anything and no longer have any such need for my notes, I don't know...I don't want to just throw them out (actually, mine would get recycled if anything), especially having spent all that effort on them, and some of them (Latin noun tables!) will probably come in handy later on. But I don't really have space to store five massive lever arch thingies (currently they're still just on the floor), and if they're lying there then they'll remind me of school and exams and results and nasty things like that.

ReputationRep:
    BURN THEM - do a bonfire one night and use the charred material to cook some potatoes - and enjoy! :rolleyes: cant jsut throw them away...got to do have fun too, lol

pk

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.