Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    the A levels i chose seemed really hard, and people say that A levels are hard so maby its a good idea i dont do them
    Which A levels are you thinking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    its worth trying at least, after the first year you could leave with some AS levels and then go and do GNVQ's or whatever you wish. Tbh the attitude "they seem hard so i won't try" isn't the one to take. Any qualfication you can get is worth it. Think about it, at least another year in education, not working full time and with your friends! great!
    but if i get all d's or worse it would of just been a waste of a year

(Original post by Xanthe)
    Which A levels are you thinking about?
    erm i cant really remember but i think it was french (which i needed a B)
    RS- i cant remeber which one
    eng lit
    and critical thinking.

ReputationRep:
    the A levels i chose seemed really hard, and people say that A levels are hard so maby its a good idea i dont do them
    What did you choose? And why are you so afraid of a challenge?

I wasn't at all challenged by my Standard Grades (GCSE's). As a result, I regularly truanted, I didn't do the homework and I didn't listen in class. The end result were pretty crap grades. However, I worked towards my Highers because they weren't so mind numbing - I also learnt from my mistake of being such a lazy *******, as I'm capable of straight A's. If all goes to plan, I'll get 4 A's and a B at Higher, and go on to study Law. A year ago, I would have shuddered at the thought of actually working hard.

All I'm trying to say is that perhaps you should attempt A Levels before giving up. You may too have a change of mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    What did you choose? And why are you so afraid of a challenge?

I wasn't at all challenged by my Standard Grades (GCSE's). As a result, I regularly truanted, I didn't do the homework and I didn't listen in class. The end result were pretty crap grades. However, I worked towards my Highers because they weren't so mind numbing - I also learnt from my mistake of being such a lazy *******, as I'm capable of straight A's. If all goes to plan, I'll get 4 A's and a B at Higher, and go on to study Law. A year ago, I would have shuddered at the thought of actually working hard.

All I'm trying to say is that perhaps you should attempt A Levels before giving up. You may too have a change of mind.
    im not affraid of a challenge, its just that im not very smart and if i work really hard and still get **** marks i'll feel like crap and that ive wasted all my time etc

ReputationRep:
    but if i get all d's or worse it would of just been a waste of a year

erm i cant really remember but i think it was french (which i needed a B)
    RS- i cant remeber which one
    eng lit
    and critical thinking.
    I just finished my A levels today. I did English Lit and RS (RS as an A/S). I really enjoyed studying it, English is hard work though. I think you should try for A levels. As Matt said, if after the first year you don't want to continue with it, you can just go back and do NVQ in Health and Beauty. At least then you would have tried both and if you don't like it, just switch to th NVQ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)
    I just finished my A levels today. I did English Lit and RS (RS as an A/S). I really enjoyed studying it, English is hard work though. I think you should try for A levels. As Matt said, if after the first year you don't want to continue with it, you can just go back and do NVQ in Health and Beauty. At least then you would have tried both and if you don't like it, just switch to th NVQ.
    i guess....

ReputationRep:
    im not affraid of a challenge, its just that im not very smart and if i work really hard and still get **** marks i'll feel like crap and that ive wasted all my time etc
    Why do you have such low self confidence? Furthermore, what makes you think you're stupid? You don't seem like an idiot to me.

You don't need to be a genius to get good grades. I know people who would have difficulty tying their shoelaces who are set for A's and B's. In my opinion, the most important thing is your frame of mind. If you really want to succeed, then you will find yourself working hard enough to achieve good grades.

Sorry, I know I sound like I'm trying to sell a book or 3 step programme here, but I really do believe that my fairly recent ambitions are what motivated me into bothering to work harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Why do you have such low self confidence? Furthermore, what makes you think you're stupid? You don't seem like an idiot to me.

You don't need to be a genius to get good grades. I know people who would have difficulty tying their shoelaces who are set for A's and B's. In my opinion, the most important thing is your frame of mind. If you really want to succeed, then you will find yourself working hard enough to achieve good grades.

Sorry, I know I sound like I'm trying to sell a book or 3 step programme here, but I really do believe that my fairly recent ambitions are what motivated me into bothering to work harder.
    lol thats realy good advice. i know im stupid cos im not very good at academic things, eg im just realy really crap at maths and as you can tell spelling and grammer etc.

ReputationRep:
    Biggest mistake - Kissing this complete ar**ho** last night and leading him on. Worse thing is, it's not the first time.

ReputationRep:
    Accepting my Durham offer. Though I can probably turn that into a positive thing next year.

ReputationRep:
    insist on not going, stand your ground until everyone comes crashing down around you pikaboo :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    The biggest mistake of my life so far also goes along those line somewhat..

dito m8

ReputationRep:
    Not going for my commission two years ago.

ReputationRep:
    My biggest mistake?

Falling in love...

ReputationRep:
    ODing..that was a mistake..it should never have got so ad, and my mistake was not talking to someone.

Other big mistakes..hmm not going to college and doing a BTEC in media production, but instead stugling with A levels at 6th form,
    I'm sure there are others...for example if i dont get my firm uni chocie then not putting even more work in whenj i had the chance will be the biggest mistake of my life

ReputationRep:
    Wondering around the school's network a little too much

ReputationRep:
    my biggest mistake..... I got too into things at a gig and smashed ma bass up. That was expensive......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    insist on not going, stand your ground until everyone comes crashing down around you pikaboo :cool:
    I leave TSR for 3 weeks only to find that Phonicsdude is suddenly the coolest guy in town? :confused: He seems to be on everyone's sig! What did he do? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hes a dude :cool: :ccol: are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    hes a dude :cool: :ccol: are you?
    What? :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2005
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.