Turn on thread page Beta

Hav Any Of The Interviewers At Oxbridge Been Foreign/coloured/black? watch

ReputationRep:
    Its An Interesting Thought...........if U Wer Coloured And Your Interviewer Was Coloured, Cud Be Definite Advantage.

ReputationRep:
    I beg to differ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    I beg to differ.
    well if an indian man is an interviewer, and an indian or asian student is interviewed, wud make sense that he would be at an advantage.

ReputationRep:
    One of mine was clearly not born in Britain. I don't think asian students would have advantages with asian interviewers, it would be far too obvious anyway. "Noticed how all 8 students this year just happen to be from Pakistan? Hmm!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZ_IT_COZ_I_IZ_)
    well if an indian man is an interviewer, and an indian or asian student is interviewed, wud make sense that he would be at an advantage.
    Would that also mean then, that white students are naturally at an advantage because the vast majority of Cambridge interviewers/fellows are white? Hope not.

ReputationRep:
    One of my interviewers was an American, so if I'm rejected do you think that I can claim it was because I wasn't an American too?

ReputationRep:
    my economics interviewer at st peters was italian and my politics interview was south african (i think)....damn no way am i getting a place!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.