The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Argh, I hate constantly regurgitated threads.

Try this or this or this or this
i dont really think age is an issue in a relationship unless it huge like 50 years, or if one of the partners is under age, e.g pheodophillia (cant spell, sorry)
Reply 3
I don't think age matters until it gets taken too far (like a 14 year old girl seeing a 40 year old man).
Personally i wouldn't go further than a 4 year age gap unless i really liked a much older guy. I'm currently with a guy who is two years older than me, which in my opinion is the perfect age difference.
Reply 5
once your 16 i dnt think the age gap matters as much for example its slightly weird a 19 year old going out with a 15 year old just because of restrictions etc.
Reply 6
depends on all sorts of thing - mainly the age of the younger one!
Reply 7
Didn't you post one of these before?
Reply 8
Nope i dont think so.
if the female is older than a man than its a no...

i say not 1/2 a decade older

but then thats my restrictions....everyone is different and if you really love each other it doesnt matter. opinion changes all the time during our lifetimes.
Reply 10
Channy

Interesting... why?!
Reply 11
It depends on a lot of things... a 15 yr old & a 20 yr old dating and a 38 yr old & 43 yr old dating are two very different things.
Channy

hmm...my girlfriend is 3 months older than me...guess we should split up then hmmm? :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Amanda
It depends on a lot of things... a 15 yr old & a 20 yr old dating and a 38 yr old & 43 yr old dating are two very different things.

True, the crucial thing is "maturity gaps" not age gaps. There is likely to be a relatively big differnece in maturity between a 15 year old and a 20 year old, but buy the time people get to late thirties/early fourties the "rate of maturity" tends to flatten ont, so I can't see most people having a problem with the latter.

Funny this sounds a bit like dejavo ...
Was I making the same point this time last night??
lol, its just in me that a male should always be older than a woman...guess its down to upbringing, morals etc...but like i said at the end, everyone is different! :smile:
Reply 15
It's not immoral for a woman to go out with a man younger than her! It's not traditional but there's nothing intrinsically wrong with it.

My mum is 4 years older than my dad and they seem to be fine. And I'm nearly 2 years older than my bf, but most of the time (there are the odd occasions :wink:) it doesn't show.
Reply 16
Channy
lol, its just in me that a male should always be older than a woman...guess its down to upbringing, morals etc...but like i said at the end, everyone is different! :smile:

I'm willing to bet that if you met the man of your dreams, yet he was younger, you would drop that belief pretty fast.. :wink:

Age really doesn't matter unless it shows. At school and in youth we're very aware of our age and the age of everyone around us because it's proof of how much we've developed and most people we meet are our age, but in the real world it doesn't matter half as much. I don't give a crap that my boyfriend's slightly younger than me, and why should I when I adore him and we have a great relationship!
Reply 17
Channy - if you meet a guy, in a pub, or a bar, or at uni, or through a club or something like that, you get chatting, get on really well, go out, really like him...then find out he's younger than you, would you end it? Or do you ask people straight away how old they are?

At the moment, maybe age seems a big thing, but as you get into your twenties it's very hard to guess people's ages anyway.

Don't limit yourself like that!

My brother is 3 years younger than his wife, and they're very happy and expecting a baby. (he's 28 and she is 31 - they met when he was 25.) She seems a lot younger than him most of the time! Don't judge a book by its cover :wink:

my boyfriend is 3 years - to the day! - older than me. the only time we notice it is that often my friends seem very young to him and annoy him. but then when he and his friends are together sometimes i can't believe they're 22!

I think age gaps CAN affect a relationship, because at some point you may want different things. my boyfriend's godfather is 45, his wife is 30. they've been married for 4 years and are very happy, but they have to compromise on thigns - his wife really wants a flat in london, to be in the centre of teh city and have all the excitement of there being lots to do; he is now looking for somewhere quieter and more chilled out to live.

But those things could come from different personalities of the same age, so it's all down to individual situations, i think anyway.
btw, im male seeing as you lot interpreted me as female...do i sound girly? :redface:

"I'm willing to bet that if you met the man of your dreams" by F. Poste :eek: thats sick.... :rolleyes:

also everyone seems to be attackin me :frown: so id like to say that i put "opinion changes all the time during our lifetimes" in my post as well as "everyone is different" :p:

lets just say because im chinese, been brought up in a chinese culture, then theres the reason for the female not being older than me and you cant blame or stop my upbringing either.
Reply 19
Channy
btw, im male seeing as you lot interpreted me as female...do i sound girly? :redface:

"I'm willing to bet that if you met the man of your dreams" by F. Poste :eek: thats sick.... :rolleyes:

also everyone seems to be attackin me :frown: so id like to say that i put "opinion changes all the time during our lifetimes" in my post as well as "everyone is different" :p:

lets just say because im chinese, been brought up in a chinese culture, then theres the reason for the female not being older than me and you cant blame or stop my upbringing either.

Go and edit your profile, then you can have a little icon telling the world that you're male, and confusion like that wouldn't happen :rolleyes:

And you're awfully sensitive if you see the responses as "attacks".. Oh, and don't blame your culture, my younger boyfriend is Chinese too!

Latest

Trending

Trending