Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Dragoness)
    Just wanting peoples general opinion. how many years age gap in a realationship is acceptable?
    someone said on here (think Fool) divide by 2 and add 7.
    I think thats quite a fair judge really.

ReputationRep:
    wot dyou guys think of relationships where a boy and girl are just either side of the "16" border (i.e. 16/17 year old with a 14/15 year old). some reckon that is alrite but it is so hard to say because, even though the gap is so small, one of them is at the legal age for sexual intimacy, whilst the other is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    hmm...my girlfriend is 3 months older than me...guess we should split up then hmmm? :rolleyes:
    I don't think so. Month gaps i don't think are problem at all. Its just if the yearly age gaps are taken to extremes in teenage years, like a 14 year old dating a 22 year old or a 16 year old dating a 30 year old etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    wot dyou guys think of relationships where a boy and girl are just either side of the "16" border (i.e. 16/17 year old with a 14/15 year old). some reckon that is alrite but it is so hard to say because, even though the gap is so small, one of them is at the legal age for sexual intimacy, whilst the other is not.

any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    It really depends if the 16/17 year old is pressuring the 14.15 year old for sex.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it gets less important as age increases.

What i mean is for example, 19 year old going out with a 16 year old seems a little odd, but if it was a 21 year old going out with an 18 year old at uni (fresher and third year say) then suddenly it doesnt seem so bad.

It is howevr extremely odd if someone under 16 goes out with anyone more than 2 years older than them tho i think.

ReputationRep:
    what do people reckon an acceptable maximum age is for a guy dating a nearly 17 year old?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragoness)
    Just wanting peoples general opinion. how many years age gap in a realationship is acceptable?
    within about... er... 10 years? maximum? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    are you as confused as me? :confused: lol

ReputationRep:
    Theres 9 years between me and my bf and we get on fine. Before I met him I would have thought 9 years was far to big an age gap but I got too attached before I realised how old he was so I thought I'd give it a go anyway and we're still together nearly a year on

ReputationRep:
    cool!

ReputationRep:
    The last person I was involved with was 8 years older than me. We got on perfectly fine - the age was no problem whatsoever, infact, if he wasn't older than me (and didnt have so much independence) we probably wouldn't have worked. He lives in leeds and I live in liverpool so he just drove here whenever we wanted to see each other

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.