Turn on thread page Beta

Psychology statistics watch

Announcements

Can anyone tell me a simple way to calculate table values for the SPEARMAN'S rho test for n > 30?

I'm not sure what data format this needs but if you can figure it out it would be quite simple to use this: http://www.sics.se/~jussi/Verktyg/spearman.html

it's been awhile since i've taken statistics and i've forgotten how to calculate t. can anybody help me?

Originally posted by Unregistered
    it's been awhile since i've taken statistics and i've forgotten how to calculate t. can anybody help me?

Spearman's rho is a measure of the linear relationship between two variables. It differs from Pearson's correlation only in that the computations are done after the numbers are converted to ranks. When converting to ranks, the smallest value on X becomes a rank of 1, etc. Consider the following X-Y pairs:
    Code:
    X      Y
    7      4
    5      7
    8      9
    9      8
    Converting these to ranks would result in the following:
    Code:
    X      Y
    2      1
    1      2
    3      4
    4      3
    The first value of X (which was a 7) is converted into a 2 because 7 is the second lowest value of X. The X value of 5 is converted into a 1 since it is the lowest. Spearman's rho can be computed with the formula for Pearson's r using the ranked data. For this example, Spearman's rho = 0.60 Spearman's rho is an example of a "rank-randomization" test.

From http://davidmlane.com/hyperstat/A62436.html

Im **** w stats 2 and im a final yr so dnt worry you'll get der eventually...do u knw wat a real life case study when counselling organisations looks like?? Ill hav a look 4ur stats wen i get home l8r.GoodLuck

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.