Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    Illegal immigrants can get council houses and private property...

Can i just remind people that this is 570 000 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. This is a serious issue, and potentially very dangerous.

The last thing we need is liberals dodging the issue, claiming that there "isn't really a problem" and "it's okay because our system is worse than Spains anyway"...

WAKE UP!
    Can you please explain to us how illegal immigrants can get council houses?

ReputationRep:
    Look at the figures, 570 000. Speaks for itself really.
    First of all as you said its up to 570 000...The govt estimate is between 310 and 570. And most importantly I would like to point out that it is a very rough ESTIMATE...and it includes all the people that have come in but it doesnt inlcude anyone leaving.

ReputationRep:
    "What could the UK buy with £3bn - the amount claimed to have been eaten up by asylum seeker housing. Based on the latest figures, the total would fund per year an extra:
    115,000 nurses
    42,200 GPs
    33,000 hospital consultants
    300,000 hip replacements
    150,000 police constables
    120,000 immigration
    officers
    Three new hospitals"

Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    First of all as you said its up to 570 000...The govt estimate is between 310 and 570. And most importantly I would like to point out that it is a very rough ESTIMATE...and it includes all the people that have come in but it doesnt inlcude anyone leaving.
    Your posts just get worse. How can you sit there and suggest that even the bare minimum, 310 000 is acceptable?!

It takes just one to carry out a terrorist attack, how can we keep tabs on 310 000- 570 000 illegal immigrants?

Face it, it is a problem, and somebody has to do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    "What could the UK buy with £3bn - the amount claimed to have been eaten up by asylum seeker housing. Based on the latest figures, the total would fund per year an extra:
    115,000 nurses
    42,200 GPs
    300,000 hip replacements
    120,000 immigration
    officers
    Three new hospitals"

Disgusting.
    Not if they have legally been given asylum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    im not aware of what the daily mail says, nor do i care.

also, you appear to be missing the point of the thread. illegal immigrants is what its about. i find the idea that theres over half a million of them in the UK floating around unchecked and uncontrolled quite interesting even if you dont.

if your "research", that wasnt quoted, sourced or explained, was actually on illegal immigration, then feel free to post it for us all to see. if not, i suggest you move along.
    unchecked, uncontrolled? Do they have some kind of disease that worries you so much? How do you suggest we do control them then, close the borders? Shoot everyone on sight? What exactly do you suggest we do?

The whole thing is the same in every country and the idea that you can have a developed country with no illegal immigration is absurd. The US spending plenty of money on stopping it is a prime example.

As for facts feel free to look in the BBC in the immigration section, they have plenty of data concerning migration movements and patterns throughout the globe.

ReputationRep:
    115,000 nurses
    42,200 GPs
    300,000 hip replacements
    120,000 immigration
    officers
    Three new hospitals"

Disgusting.

You obviously seem to be very confused about what is an sylum seeker and what constitutes an illegal immigrant. They are not the same thing so I suggest you brush up on your knowledge regarding this subject.

For asylum seekers that figure is not correct ...and it certainly not corrct for just housing. At the same time may I remind you there is a certain thing called contribution to the economy which far outweights the welfare benefits that a.seek. have taken out which in itself is a consequence of the govt not allowing them to work therefore they have to rely on benefits.

ReputationRep:
    unchecked, uncontrolled? Do they have some kind of disease that worries you so much?
    They might.
    How do you suggest we do controll them then, close the borders? Shoot everyone on sight? What exactly do you suggest we do?
    How about keeping tabs on asylum seekers and deporting them if they fail in their claim?
    The whole thing is the same in every country and the idea that you can have a developed country with no illegal immigration is absured. The US spending plenty of money on stopping it is a prime example.
    Yeah, but for a small country with no land borders 570 000 illegals is pretty high, wouldn't you agree?
    As for facts feel free to look in the BBC in the immigration section, they have plenty of data concerning migration movements and patterns throughout the globe.
    good for them

ReputationRep:
    unchecked, uncontrolled? Do they have some kind of disease that worries you so much? How do you suggest we do control them then, close the borders? Shoot everyone on sight? What exactly do you suggest we do?

The whole thing is the same in every country and the idea that you can have a developed country with no illegal immigration is absurd. The US spending plenty of money on stopping it is a prime example.

are you dumb?

being in the country illegally would tend to suggest you arent popping down the immigration office and declaring yourself...hence unchecked and uncontrolled.

as stated in the original post, even tony blair isnt sure how many there are. again unchecked and uncontrolled.

some of the control methods you suggested would be quite effective i think. well done for posting them.

also, i'll ask again. post the sources for the figures you were speaking about earlier.

ReputationRep:
    If any of these illegal immigrants are comming from ex british colonies then they should be allowed in legally. We have no right to argue about people comming into our land when we went into other peoples land and killed many people in doing so and ruled over them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    If any of these illegal immigrants are comming from ex british colonies then they should be allowed in legally. We have no right to argue about people comming into our land when we went into other peoples land and killed many people in doing so and ruled over them.
    the first sentence makes no sense.

infact, all of it makes little sense.

ReputationRep:
    are you dumb?

being in the country illegally would tend to suggest you arent popping down the immigration office and declaring yourself...hence unchecked and uncontrolled.

as stated in the original post, even tony blair isnt sure how many there are. again unchecked and uncontrolled.

some of the control methods you suggested would be quite effective i think. well done for posting them.

also, i'll ask again. post the sources for the figures you were speaking about earlier.
    Yes I am very very dumb...*sigh* I remember thats what we used to call progressive debate in year 7.

You are saying that it is effective closing borders and shooting people?

You obviously have no sense of economics because otherwise you would realise what that would mean in terms of ineffiency and economic performance. As for shooting people? You seem to think illegal immigrants are all out to get you or Britain as a whole. You do realise that there are plenty of families out there with young kids who have come here just to make a better life. Sure it's illegal and it shouldnt be allowed...However you suggest we shoot them because that way it will make you feel more secure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    I did nothing of the sort and don't know why I should be held responsible for someone else's actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    They might.

How about keeping tabs on asylum seekers and deporting them if they fail in their claim?

Yeah, but for a small country with no land borders 570 000 illegals is pretty high, wouldn't you agree?

good for them
    Of course it's high, it represents years of immigration, it will be high. The first point you made it's what they are trying to do right now. In practice however it doent always work. As for the facts, I was replying to an earlier post.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am very very dumb...*sigh* I remember thats what we used to call progressive debate in year 7.

You are saying that it is effective closing borders and shooting people?

You obviously have no sense of economics because otherwise you would realise what that would mean in terms of ineffiency and economic performance. As for shooting people? You seem to think illegal immigrants are all out to get you or Britain as a whole. You do realise that there are plenty of families out there with young kids who have come here just to make a better life. Sure it's illegal and it shouldnt be allowed...However you suggest we shoot them because that way it will make you feel more secure?
    you said it.

and yes, it would be effective. surely thats obvious? if you know you're going to get shot, you arent going to turn up in dover are you?

i must have no sense of economics...i thought it would be bad for the nation as a whole to have half a million illegal immigrants knocking about. my mistake... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    I did nothing of the sort and don't know why I should be held responsible for someone else's actions.
    You cant be that short-sighted as not to recognise that you are enjoying the benefits of those actions. I mean Britain wouldnt be this developed if such actions hadnt taken place. So to ignore all that because you werent there sounds a tad illogical to me.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's high, it represents years of immigration, it will be high. The first point you made it's what they are trying to do right now. In practice however it doent always work. As for the facts, I was replying to an earlier post.
    And in other countries there hasn't been years of immigration?

ReputationRep:
    you said it.

and yes, it would be effective. surely thats obvious? if you know you're going to get shot, you arent going to turn up in dover are you?

i must have no sense of economics...i thought it would be bad for the nation as a whole to have half a million illegal immigrants knocking about. my mistake... :rolleyes:
    It's actually quite amusing to hear you talk about something you have no knowledge of i.e economics and think that you are right. Any economist would tell you that illegal immigration and cheap labour would contribute massively to economic growth, they would make the labour market more competitive and consequently the firms would be more competitive worldwide. Just look at the US as an example.

Nations have been built on immigration, thats who Brtain came to be and more recently thats how the US and Australia came to be.

And whats with the 'you said it nan an an naanana na' Seriously grow up..

ReputationRep:
    You cant be that short-sighted as not to recognise that you are enjoying the benefits of those actions. I mean Britain wouldnt be this developed if such actions hadnt taken place. So to ignore all that because you werent there sounds a tad illogical to me.
    And the citizens of the ex-British colonies are also benefitting from the leagcy of the Empire. See, everyone is better off.

ReputationRep:
    illegal imigration is always a problem, generally I think we are too harsh on immigration which forces people to try to get into the country illegally. If we just let more people in (which would only boost the economy) there would be no point in them coming illegally. It's virtually impossible to stop people being smuggled into the country, however if they were sure they could come here legally i expect most would.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.