Turn on thread page Beta

reasons why i should stay single watch

ReputationRep:
    OK thanks for your help so far.. have now compiled 140 reasons with the help of all of you.. as to why being single is great:btw i will add as i get more.. then am gonna print it and hang it proud!

1. more money
    2. you can pull as many people as you like.
    3. you don't have to give a damn about upsetting and fixing some acne-ridden teen guy
    4. sleep with whomever you please!
    5. free to be as friendly with whichever guys you want to be without your boyfriend commenting
    6. you can flirt with any cute boy you see without feeling guilty because of your b/f
    7. You can do what you want, when you want, go out with whoever you want
    8. You won't have to worry about choosing who to go out with, friends or boyfriend or any arguments or conflicts which could arise from that kind of situation.
    9. You can flirt outrageously with whoever you want
    10. You wont have a big phone bill
    11. You wont have to worry about constantly having to look good for someone
    12. You wont have to have the annoyance of removing so much body hair
    13. You wont have to worry about constantly appeasing somebody else...you just have you to make happy
    14. Independent young woman who doesn't need a man to make her happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    tehe yeah not an 'adult' relationship then. But still, you can have a really serious relationship in just a month... length isn't necessarily an indicator of how far it went or feelings involved. 'The one' will come along when you least expect it, so i'm told.
    Definitely true. Length is a good indicator, but it's only an indicator. It doesn't mean anything - it's how much you gave into the relationship that means anything. I was stupid enough to give too much into my first ever relationship though I've learnt since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Definitely true. Length is a good indicator, but it's only an indicator. It doesn't mean anything - it's how much you gave into the relationship that means anything. I was stupid enough to give too much into my first ever relationship though I've learnt since.
    well we learn from our mistakes :rolleyes: so just have fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    well we learn from our mistakes :rolleyes: so just have fun
    Hehe yeh I'm over my ex now anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    You wont have to have the annoyance of removing so much body hair (if you do that )
    I love this reason, i seriously had not thought of that one, but next time i am single i will definately bear it in mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    as hard as i try- that never happens to me

Dear god you sound like me, how depressing.

Just keep telling yourself that soon enough someone will want to go out with you who you want to go out with too. I do.

Lets hope it works.

Haz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Dear god you sound like me, how depressing.

Just keep telling yourself that soon enough someone will want to go out with you who you want to go out with too. I do.

Lets hope it works.

Haz
    i hope so too

ReputationRep:
    You know you're happy being single when you listen to Natasha Bedingfield's "Single" and sing along and agree with the words. Being single is awesome because you can do your own thing. My version of being single generally involved having a few guys I was dating, so it meant I always had someone to go see, or to come see me or take me out. But it also meant I could spend as much time on my own as I wanted, or see my friends. In fact I cut short a few dates to go meet my friends. I also went out clubbing loads and it meant I could pull anyone I wanted. So if a total fitty came up to me, I didn't have to worry about having a boyfriend. I also made some really good friends as well. I didn't have to text someone every so often, or phone them, or meet up with them, so I could concentrate on making lots of friends, and I'm probably closer to the friends I made when I was single than the friends I made when I had a boyfriend. It also means the guys you meet will see you as single, rather than see you as totally off-limits (this kinda continues even when you split up with the guy you're with sometimes).

You should only stop being single when you find someone who you want to go out with more than you want to be single. You shouldn't go out with someone just because you don't wanna be single.

ReputationRep:
    you don't need a man to be happy

ReputationRep:
    single is better because you have the time to do whatever. i really cant see myself ever getting married, just occasionally going out with people. Im not too fussed over long term stuff. i see peeps with bfs/gfs and i think yuck, cause theyre all soppy with eachother! and its silly really. IMO though

ReputationRep:
    well i'm single but to an extent it doesn't bother me as there's few guys i like and i wouldn't probably have the effort to meet up with them all the time.. it gives you more secrecy and you don't have to do what they want all the time.. or get worried what they're doing etc... but i'm sure the thread starter is being pessismistic and will meet someone truly great soon

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to spend time worrying or thinking "What did he mean when he said that? Are we broken up? Grrrrrr, his ex is after him..."

ReputationRep:
    to hide from the fact that even if you didnt want to be single nobody would want to go out with you.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.