Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i did make the mistake of putting my address down though *idiot* even though i was moving house

make sure you don't do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljfrugn)
    Hmm.. when I first saw the title I thought it said 'ever done any torturing?' :eek:
    and you still read the thread?? hmm... interesting..lol

ReputationRep:
    I only get £10 an hour. Anyone who charges more whilt still at school is an amoral extortionist.

and richer than me.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like to do any tutoring, it would just get to him having the pressure of making sure somebody else got a good result. I think I could probably do it, but I'd just be too stressed!

ReputationRep:
    £10 an hour is huge, considering you dealy the tutoring lesson a bit and extend it up to 2-3 hours.. thats a nice £30. But I'll have it for free if some chic wants tutoring from me

ReputationRep:
    Most people who ask for tutoring are too young to have their level assessed correctly. In which case you can tell them that primary schools know f-all, and that you are the greatest, and that they shall listen to you.

OR

They are thick, and bound to fail. In which case ***** to their mum about how they never do the work you set them!

ReputationRep:
    i want to teach english to overseas chinese students in london........got any tips?

ReputationRep:
    hey

ive thought a lot about tutoring. even if i get £10 an hour, it would be great. i thought of getting all my friends together and setting something up, cos we r all good at different subjects and wed have a wide variety of subjects.

but our school r the kind of school who would let us do it, but out of the goodness of our hearts, they wouldnt let us charge for it.

hmm.. any ideas of how i could do something outside of school?

em xxxx

ReputationRep:
    If you want to tutor do not prostitute yourself and accept lower wages, consider £25 per hour as the bare minimum

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.