Turn on thread page Beta

TSR's Penguin Society watch

• View Poll Results: What should happen to the Pingu Soc?
    Thread remains open.
    53.13%
    A new thread is started and Darth is the boss.
    0%
    A new thread in chat.
    15.63%
    A thread is made for Socs forum.
    31.25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    LPK = Little Penguin Kid

Wow I finally know what LPK stands for!

*depressed*

ReputationRep:
    Why are you down Random one?? =0(

ReputationRep:
    Gexko name updated to Bold and Blue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Gexko name updated to Bold and Blue.
    Yay!!

ReputationRep:
    OKay, my first fascinating* contribution to the penguin thread:

During the 1982 Falklands war British pilots reported that penguins toppled over backward while gazing at the planes. British navy pilots were then banned from flying low over penguin colonies. It led to a UK government study of the penguin-toppling effect. For seventeen days two helicopters were flown from varying directions and heights over the penguins. The result? It's official: penguins do not topple over while gazing at aeroplanes.

* Does not follow Oxford dictionary definition of fascinating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdm708)
    OKay, my first fascinating* contribution to the penguin thread:

During the 1982 Falklands war British pilots reported that penguins toppled over backward while gazing at the planes. British navy pilots were then banned from flying low over penguin colonies. It led to a UK government study of the penguin-toppling effect. For seventeen days two helicopters were flown from varying directions and heights over the penguins. The result? It's official: penguins do not topple over while gazing at aeroplanes.

* Does not follow Oxford dictionary definition of fascinating.
    o0o, nice contribution.

ReputationRep:
    mdm708 is now updated to Bold and Blue

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, thank you. Already you have made me feel less of a social reject than before I joined TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdm708)
    Ooh, thank you. Already you have made me feel less of a social reject than before I joined TSR
    haha

ReputationRep:
    *bumps LPKs thread*

im feeling nice

ReputationRep:
    haha, woo, go you :party:

ReputationRep:
    no probs :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to join please.

ReputationRep:
    Added

New Feature:

For all those people in Bold Blue on the members list (aka, you have the TSR penguin society in your sig) can now have their own special little custom title on this thread next to your name (like Gwens penguin princess) it can be whatever you want, so let me know if you wish to have a title.

If you are not in bold blue then just add a little TSR penguin society sentence to your sig and let me know so i can upgrade you to cool Premium penguin. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    awwwwwwww cool
    Penguin society !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneway)
    awwwwwwww cool
    Penguin society !
    Added.

ReputationRep:
    Well well well if it ain't Mister LPK......
    Now this is a story all about how, I kissed ass (and hell I had to get down), to get into a Penguin soc, (cos you all know how penguins rock), They waddle all day, they waddle all night, but hell you see they put up a fight, when mean old ****ers like ramroff and GiBB, try to **** around in this crib, so this is my grovvle, and the short of it is, please mister penguin, let me in into your tiz

Nothing rhymes with is or penguins........

ReputationRep:
    Added

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Added

New Feature:

For all those people in Bold Blue on the members list (aka, you have the TSR penguin society in your sig) can now have their own special little custom title on this thread next to your name (like Gwens penguin princess) it can be whatever you want, so let me know if you wish to have a title.

If you are not in bold blue then just add a little TSR penguin society sentence to your sig and let me know so i can upgrade you to cool Premium penguin. :cool:
    done me sig
    me wanna b the King Penguin or then again mayb u shud b the Queen

ReputationRep:
    -There are gay penguins (whoot!) http://www.yale.edu/libs/The%20Lib%20Schtick1.html
    -The African Penguin, Spheniscus demersus, is also called the Blackfoot penguin and the Jackass penguin. This penguin is found off the coast of southern Africa. Penguins are birds that cannot fly, but penguins swim very well and spend most of their lives in the sea. African penguins can swim at a speed of about 4.3 to 15 miles per hour (7-24 kph). This bird got its name from the donkey- or jackass-like sounds that it makes.
    -There's a jackass penguin (me)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.