Turn on thread page Beta

TSR's Penguin Society watch

• View Poll Results: What should happen to the Pingu Soc?
    Thread remains open.
    53.13%
    A new thread is started and Darth is the boss.
    0%
    A new thread in chat.
    15.63%
    A thread is made for Socs forum.
    31.25%

ReputationRep:
    Haha, not quite. The admin at my old school were very easy to outwit, though. I suppose that figures, though - considering the IT jobs out there you've gotta be pretty poor at it to end up admin-ing a school network, which basically means trying to stop the chav kids breaking too much stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't thought of a ".... penguin" title, though. Somehow i don't think "manatee-penguin" would quite work...

ReputationRep:
    hmm, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomD22)
    Haha, not quite. The admin at my old school were very easy to outwit, though. I suppose that figures, though - considering the IT jobs out there you've gotta be pretty poor at it to end up admin-ing a school network, which basically means trying to stop the chav kids breaking too much stuff.

:rofl: my admin staff have a small 'office' under the stage. They call it 'Middle Earth'.

But they are terrified of the chavs.

Last year someone i knew actually got the network manager program, and wasnt caught for about 2 weeks... :eek: When he was, he was gonna be kicked out of school, but threatened that if he was, he'd mess up the school systems :eek: And, they didnt take any further action...

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't thought of a ".... penguin" title, though. Somehow i don't think "manatee-penguin" would quite work...
    what about evil-penguin hacker:cool:

if i did the thing which you've written is there any chance of me getting caught. our admin staff are toooo good. they busted my mate last year for playing slime football.... SLIME FOOTBALL:eek: he was never the same again..his ear never stopped twitching and he kept on looking over his shoulder. i definately don't want that to happen to me- i may be darth vader but they're not even humans!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)

if i did the thing which you've written is there any chance of me getting caught. our admin staff are toooo good. they busted my mate last year for playing slime football.... SLIME FOOTBALL:eek: he was never the same again..his ear never stopped twitching and he kept on looking over his shoulder. i definately don't want that to happen to me- i may be darth vader but they're not even humans!!!

:rofl: slime soccer! omg, what a game!

not as good as pong 95 though (2003, 10R2, pong champion ---> moi :p: )

umm, no they shouldn't catch ya, they never caught us lot last year on por... err, certain sites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    umm, no they shouldn't catch ya, they never caught us lot last year on por... err, certain sites
    our it technician is a right piss head- he walks with his head in the clouds. it's a shame that you can only drive with a liciense (sp)

hey slime soccer is the best!!! my mate was rubbish at it but we always used to play on his username so he got busted!!! slime basketball is cool aswell!!

pong 95- never heard of it but if they erm catch me then you probably will never see me on tsr again :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

so how is everyone today?

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

so how is everyone today?
    fine thanks u?

ReputationRep:
    fine thanks u?
    I'm fine too Had a half day today so i'm chilling at home!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine too Had a half day today so i'm chilling at home!!

lol same here, well only an hour in school this morning

need to do something for the next hour tho... *ponders*

ReputationRep:

Lol. Well, i don't know how the admin at your school works. At mine, it wasn't a problem - if it didn't work, then all you got was the normal "website is blocked page". The worry was that the teacher in the room would see what site you were on, not that the admin would. But yours might be different. Try it with TSR - i mean, how much trouble could you get in just for visiting this site?

ReputationRep:

Funny how that's the same across schools - slime soccer followed by pang 96 were the games of choice for boring lessons at mine too Ah, they were great. Plus which, they were on so many websites, the admin could never find and block them all.

EDIT: just saw you wrote pong 95 not pang 96. Oh well. But the pang monkeys were so funny.....

(try it and see, but it's a little boring on one-player: http://pangcorner.omegadelta.net/oth...g96/pang96.htm)

ReputationRep:
    Funny how that's the same across schools - slime soccer followed by pang 96 were the games of choice for boring lessons at mine too Ah, they were great. Plus which, they were on so many websites, the admin could never find and block them all.

EDIT: just saw you wrote pong 95 not pang 96. Oh well. But the pang monkeys were so funny.....

(try it and see, but it's a little boring on one-player: http://pangcorner.omegadelta.net/oth...96/pang96.htm)
    pang?! never played it i meant 'PONG' lol.

ReputationRep:
    pang?! never played it i meant 'PONG' lol.
    bubble trouble was cool aswell :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Well, i don't know how the admin at your school works. At mine, it wasn't a problem - if it didn't work, then all you got was the normal "website is blocked page". The worry was that the teacher in the room would see what site you were on, not that the admin would. But yours might be different. Try it with TSR - i mean, how much trouble could you get in just for visiting this site?
    my college is quite strict-but if i play it smooth i should be ok :cool::p: I'll try it on monday!!

ReputationRep:
    Plus which, they were on so many websites, the admin could never find and block them all.
    lol- just type it into google :p:

ReputationRep:
    anyone here

ReputationRep:
    yep

no.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.