Turn on thread page Beta

TSR's Penguin Society watch

• View Poll Results: What should happen to the Pingu Soc?
    Thread remains open.
    53.13%
    A new thread is started and Darth is the boss.
    0%
    A new thread in chat.
    15.63%
    A thread is made for Socs forum.
    31.25%

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I'm sober again at last

Waaaaay too much Guinness for my liver today, but I was doing the Irish thing and quite well apparantly

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Heya Canadian :hugs: long time no chat :hmmm: lol How you been?

ReputationRep:
    Drunk and annoyed at trying to get my internet to work properly. Got my new router all set up and working properly, so I'm happy

I'll get on MSN and talk to you REAL soon :hugs: Missed ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    I'm a second year at UCL. It's pretty enjoyable, especially since I can choose which modules I want to do this year, so I have the freedom to do what interests me, however next year I'll have even more freedom and then in my fourth year I get to write my thesis/dissertation and hopefully invent some new mathematics, so I'm looking forward to taking up and expanding my personal interests then.
    are you doing a MMaths?

i didnt apply to UCL, but applied to KCL :cool: :p:( i always thought that UCL was the uni of central lancs)

was maths at uni a big jump from college? make sure you mention the force when you invent your own maths :ninja: (fine you dont have to :hmpf: ):p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    Lol already? thats just the start then! :p: i might ask that too :s:
    i think quite a few people will be asking for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Canadian)
    Drunk and annoyed at trying to get my internet to work properly. Got my new router all set up and working properly, so I'm happy

I'll get on MSN and talk to you REAL soon :hugs: Missed ya
    Lol

awww kk :hugs: if im not online, it means i've gone off to bed lol very sleeepyy and have to wake up early tomorow :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    lol lock your room so you can sleep all dayy :sleep: lol

:hugs: will do

you did? :eek: :hmmm:
    that'll just encourage them:eek::p: :eek:

hehe will you do that before you've had some cookies, or after ^o)

yep at college!! :cool: well she wasnt a real witch- but was in disguise:eek:

ReputationRep:
    LOL!!! UCL rejected me, and I'm sorta glad. No snowboarding in London but there is in Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    i think quite a few people will be asking for that
    are you as well? I found out today that since i'm resitting my biology unit 1 in the summer, i have a 3hour exam :eek: yes 3 HOURS! Of all the units (1,2 and 3) all at once :afraid: :shot: lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I'm sober again at last

Waaaaay too much Guinness for my liver today, but I was doing the Irish thing and quite well apparantly
    hey

ReputationRep:
    that'll just encourage them:eek::p: :eek:

hehe will you do that before you've had some cookies, or after ^o)

yep at college!! :cool: well she wasnt a real witch- but was in disguise:eek:
    Lol then hide! :ninja: lol

^o) i'll take the cookies but won't join the dark side :hmmm: lol

lol! was it fancy-dress? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol

awww kk :hugs: if im not online, it means i've gone off to bed lol very sleeepyy and have to wake up early tomorow :hmpf:
    Awww, but just think, if you don't go to sleep then you don't have to wake up early :p:

ReputationRep:
    are you doing a MMaths?

i didnt apply to UCL, but applied to KCL :cool: :p:( i always thought that UCL was the uni of central lancs)

was maths at uni a big jump from college? make sure you mention the force when you invent your own maths :ninja: (fine you dont have to :hmpf: ):p:
    UCL was what? :rofl: Oh dear! Don't go to Kings - they don't have a very good Maths department. I'm doing an MSci - it's the same thing as an MMaths, but different Unis have different names for it, and they're a tiny bit different, but they both have so many options that the differences don't matter anyway.

Um, I'm not the best person to ask - I rarely went to my lectures in my first year, or actually this year as well, but I don't think the jump is very great so long as you make it to most of your lectures, and try and do our own work. Well, of course I shall use the force - I am a member of the Galactic Empire as well, as you should know!

ReputationRep:
    Awww, but just think, if you don't go to sleep then you don't have to wake up early :p:
    Lol good point :p: but then i'll fall asleep while on my pc lol

ReputationRep:
    are you as well? I found out today that since i'm resitting my biology unit 1 in the summer, i have a 3hour exam :eek: yes 3 HOURS! Of all the units (1,2 and 3) all at once :afraid: :shot: lol
    yep, most likely, HOPE FULLY :p:

are you allowed to resit it in june??:eek: hehe that was my timetable last year- it was a monday and my first exam was biology!! i dont know whether i should try and make you feel better- but it wasnt very good try to do well in the first module, cos that should carry you through the other other two papers

mon- bio
    tue- FP1, M1
    wed- chem
    thursd- S1

thats my last years timetable

ReputationRep:
    LOL!! For A-levels I had 6 hours straight :eek: 1hour30 DT, 45min DT, 1hour30 Maths (x2) and 1 hour General Studies. Not nice, but I did take a couple of "non alcoholic" beverages into the exam with me :p:

ReputationRep:
    yep, most likely, HOPE FULLY :p:

are you allowed to resit it in june??:eek: hehe that was my timetable last year- it was a monday and my first exam was biology!! i dont know whether i should try and make you feel better- but it wasnt very good try to do well in the first module, cos that should carry you through the other other two papers

mon- bio
    tue- FP1, M1
    wed- chem
    thursd- S1

thats my last years timetable

Lol! :rolleyes: :p:

Thanks

lol sheesh :p: In the exams i'll just be thinking of 'Holiday Holiday Holiday!!!!' lol Straight after the exams are finished i'm going on hol and i havent been for 5 years :p: lol

ReputationRep:
    LOL!! For A-levels I had 6 hours straight :eek: 1hour30 DT, 45min DT, 1hour30 Maths (x2) and 1 hour General Studies. Not nice, but I did take a couple of "non alcoholic" beverages into the exam with me :p:
    Lol ouch :eek: hehe my mate did that once :p: he disguised it as coke by mixing them together :p: lol

ReputationRep:
    I had plenty of 6 hour days when doing A-Levels, because of the subject choices I took, but it's no biggie.

ReputationRep:
    Anyways guys, I'm gonna head off cos I wanna sleep some of the booze off. I'm just thankful my body doesn't recognise hangovers :p:

Talk to y'all REAL soon

And Munise, sorry bout the timing, just saw you came on MSN :hugs:

Darth, I'll talk to you soon. Stay cool man.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.