Turn on thread page Beta

TSR's Penguin Society watch

• View Poll Results: What should happen to the Pingu Soc?
    Thread remains open.
    53.13%
    A new thread is started and Darth is the boss.
    0%
    A new thread in chat.
    15.63%
    A thread is made for Socs forum.
    31.25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    well if you revise for them, then they might be :p:

you cant do that with maths, cos you need knowledge from previous modules. and i think most subjects have a synoptic paper, so you dont forget everything. i think students do seem more relaxed during their first year at college, because they know that they can resit, but what they dont realise is that uni places depend on your AS's

i agree with you on the last paragraph. its ridiculous to have them after each other, and the time in which you're expected to do them in. i'm just coping, but some people cant cope and as a result are messing up. its sucks major style cos in the easter hols (when i should start revising :ninja: ) i'll be doing my cw.

ah well i guess we cant do anything about it :hmpf: blame ruth kelly
    Well, I plan on going into politics after I've made my fortune in Investment Banking, so have no fear as I'll sort it all out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    :wavey:
    Hello. :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    Hello. :wavey:
    Heya, how was your day?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I plan on going into politics after I've made my fortune in Investment Banking, so have no fear as I'll sort it all out.
    *meh thinks about trusting jedi scum*:p:

ah well, since theres no other solution apparent at the moment, i'll leave it to you then

i was interested in politics once upon a time :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:
    hey :wavey: how're you?

ReputationRep:
    hey :wavey: how're you?
    Heya Darth

tired :sleep: at the moment... im making mothers day mugs :p: So far i've made round 20 - designed, leave to dry for 24hours, roast in oven, and then package then. :hmpf: Its for the young enterprise thing at college, and just realised i've run out of the packaging :doh: you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm good SC.

ReputationRep:
    Heya Darth

tired :sleep: at the moment... im making mothers day mugs :p: So far i've made round 20 - designed, leave to dry for 24hours, roast in oven, and then package then. :hmpf: Its for the young enterprise thing at college, and just realised i've run out of the packaging you?

:doh:you've reminded me about mothers day :eek: how much are you sellling your mugs for? :p: sounds like someone is having fun :p:

im good thanks but i gtg now :hmpf: but i'll be back

ReputationRep:

:doh:you've reminded me about mothers day :eek: how much are you sellling your mugs for? :p: sounds like someone is having fun :p:

im good thanks but i gtg now :hmpf: but i'll be back
    lol £2.50 ppfftt, fun? :rolleyes: :p:

I gtg too, my mum had her operation this morning and helping her out, and also need to finish the darn mugs :hmpf: :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    i'm back now

lol, i know (well hope!!) that i will but its somthing that im debating :p:

where else did you apply to?
    Me too!
    I was out canoeing but I am here...do not panic. :p:

Ok - if you need an unbiased opinion then come to me and choose Warwick.
    Haha no seriously - whatever you think is best for you but imo if you get into a top uni. like that you're a fool to pass it up in favour of dropping a whole tier below. On the other hand, Manc. I'm sure has advantages to it that t'other lacks.
    Just when you do make your decision - think long-term and think maturely, don't think like a kid 'aww but the other one has a playground' :p:

Hmm..Cambridge, UCL, Kings, LSE, Manchester, QMC.

ReputationRep:
    Oi Melon, how did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    Oi Melon, how did your interview go?
    *looks around*

To whom are you referring to Pratik?
    I didn't know there was a person here called 'Melon' :p:

Additionally - 'Oi' - not the most elegant or friendly greeting is it?

Yeh was ok thanks - can't really tell but it was annoying in that not only did they lose my pre-interview questionnaire but neither interviewer was a modernist so they didn't know anything about anything - made it impossible to have a discussion. One of them asked me what the point of one of the modules was - he said 'IMO...who really cares??'
    So I don't know...we'll see.

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helzerel)
    *looks around*

To whom are you referring to Pratik?
    I didn't know there was a person here called 'Melon' :p:

Additionally - 'Oi' - not the most elegant or friendly greeting is it?

Yeh was ok thanks - can't really tell but it was annoying in that not only did they lose my pre-interview questionnaire but neither interviewer was a modernist so they didn't know anything about anything - made it impossible to have a discussion. One of them asked me what the point of one of the modules was - he said 'IMO...who really cares??'
    So I don't know...we'll see.

How are you?
    Who said that I wanted to be elegant or friendly? :p:

Fair enough - you'll find out in a couple of weeks in any case.

I'm alright, just trying to decide whether I can be arsed to clean my room and do the laundry now or leave it until tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Who said that I wanted to be elegant or friendly? :p:

Fair enough - you'll find out in a couple of weeks in any case.

I'm alright, just trying to decide whether I can be arsed to clean my room and do the laundry now or leave it until tomorrow.
    :hmmm:

1 week - by the end of March all UCAS decision have to have been made...supposedly. :eek:

six of one, half a dozen of the other. :p:
    Is TSR interesting now or more interesting tomorrow? - that's the real question.

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm:

1 week - by the end of March all UCAS decision have to have been made...supposedly. :eek:

six of one, half a dozen of the other. :p:
    Is TSR interesting now or more interesting tomorrow? - that's the real question.
    Fair enough. What's your first choice of the Unis that you applied to? And which Unis did you apply to?

Meh, I think I might do it tonight and put on a film, but I'll need to go and get a nice bottle of rouge before I get started.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. What's your first choice of the Unis that you applied to? And which Unis did you apply to?

Meh, I think I might do it tonight and put on a film, but I'll need to go and get a nice bottle of rouge before I get started.
    UCL.
    Cambridge, UCL, Kings, LSE, Manchester, QMC.

Might end up reapplying next year - gap year caused a few beuraucratic (sp - cbb) problems.

Which film?
    Really eh? Hmm....enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    hey Penguins

ReputationRep:
    UCL.
    Cambridge, UCL, Kings, LSE, Manchester, QMC.

Might end up reapplying next year - gap year caused a few beuraucratic (sp - cbb) problems.

Which film?
    Really eh? Hmm....enjoy!
    Did you get into Cambridge? What college did you apply for?

I'm not sure what I'm going to watch - maybe Empire Records for a bit or fun, or perhaps something a little more arthouse - I'll see after I get some wine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Twist)
    hey Penguins
    Hi!
    How are you?

(Original post by AI)
    Did you get into Cambridge? What college did you apply for?

I'm not sure what I'm going to watch - maybe Empire Records for a bit or fun, or perhaps something a little more arthouse - I'll see after I get some wine.
    Pooled then automatically sunk. (all deferees sink regardless of subject/talent or lack of) - partly part of the burocratick (deliberate sp there :p: ) stuff.
    Jesus.

You'll be able to see will you? Hmm..in double vision mayhaps?? :p: Are you seeing it with anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    How are you?

Pooled then automatically sunk. (all deferees sink regardless of subject/talent or lack of) - partly part of the burocratick (deliberate sp there :p: ) stuff.
    Jesus.

You'll be able to see will you? Hmm..in double vision mayhaps?? :p: Are you seeing it with anyone?
    Not tonight - that's what Saturday nights are there for - some casual romancing.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.