Turn on thread page Beta

TSR's Penguin Society watch

• View Poll Results: What should happen to the Pingu Soc?
    Thread remains open.
    53.13%
    A new thread is started and Darth is the boss.
    0%
    A new thread in chat.
    15.63%
    A thread is made for Socs forum.
    31.25%

ReputationRep:
    darth dress :eek: what you up to?

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    morning rain down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    darth dress :eek: what you up to?
    lol hey nothing much, just enjoying the weekend :p: what about you?

how come your school staff are going on striker?

ReputationRep:
    :flute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    morning rain down
    heya... morning? :eek: where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    well i guess that it might be morning in antartica after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lettherainfalldown)
    :hello:
    hey how've you been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    hey how've you been?
    alive... I guess that's a start :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol, i've never met a person as unbiased as you! :p:

but theres no fun in thinking maturely :hmpf: :p:

i applied to kings aswell :cool: have you got offers from all of them?

thanks btw
    Don't go to Warwick - yes, it's god a very good Maths department, but you'll have a crap time there as it's a campus university full of dullards who are too scared to venture into the 'real' world without mummy or daddy and the nearest town/city is Coventry, which is subbish to go out in! Also, you have nowhere to escape to easily when you get bored on campus, eg. in London I can disappear into a whole different part of the city if I need to some time by myself or want to try new things on the spur of the moment, whilst you'd lack that in Warwick. Meh, even go for Kings if you want, or Manchester, but I urge you to avoid Warwick dude unless you have a deathwish and want to top yourself midway through your course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lettherainfalldown)
    alive... I guess that's a start :p:
    lol, tis a good start aswell you've not been on tsr for a while! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    lol hey nothing much, just enjoying the weekend :p: what about you?

how come your school staff are going on striker?
    most are around the country. sumit to do with pensions. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    Don't go to Warwick - yes, it's god a very good Maths department, but you'll have a crap time there as it's a campus university full of dullards who are too scared to venture into the 'real' world without mummy or daddy and the nearest town/city is Coventry, which is subbish to go out in! Also, you have nowhere to escape to easily when you get bored on campus, eg. in London I can disappear into a whole different part of the city if I need to some time by myself or want to try new things on the spur of the moment, whilst you'd lack that in Warwick. Meh, even go for Kings if you want, or Manchester, but I urge you to avoid Warwick dude unless you have a deathwish and want to top yourself midway through your course!
    lol, i think helzerel will be disagreeing with you :p:

i only applied there because it was meant to be a good uni for maths, and i never expected to be given an offer. but taking onboard what you've said, i think i wont be going there :cool:

(and i assure you that i dont have a deathwish :p: need to rule the galaxy first :bandit: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    most are around the country. sumit to do with pensions. :rolleyes:
    they are? :eek: well my flippin college isnt :hmpf: (thats probably why i have no idea as to what is happening! :p: )

ReputationRep:
    lol, i think helzerel will be disagreeing with you :p:

i only applied there because it was meant to be a good uni for maths, and i never expected to be given an offer. but taking onboard what you've said, i think i wont be going there :cool:

(and i assure you that i dont have a deathwish :p: need to rule the galaxy first :bandit: )
    Bugger Helzerel, she's too academic, hence will not give you a balanced opinion - there's far more to University than just a degree - after all, if you're not happy in the environment that you live, work and play in then you won't have a good time at uni, and as a result your work may suffer.

Anyhows mate, I as just giving you my advice - you don't have to take it - visit the place if you get a chance, and the same with Kings and see what you think about the whole ethos of the place and what it has to offer beyond the academic side - and don't think about crap like clubs and societies, as these are offered at any university.

ReputationRep:
    :evil:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    Bugger Helzerel, she's too academic, hence will not give you a balanced opinion - there's far more to University than just a degree - after all, if you're not happy in the environment that you live, work and play in then you won't have a good time at uni, and as a result your work may suffer.

Anyhows mate, I as just giving you my advice - you don't have to take it - visit the place if you get a chance, and the same with Kings and see what you think about the whole ethos of the place and what it has to offer beyond the academic side - and don't think about crap like clubs and societies, as these are offered at any university.
    lol :p: and she does the ewww subjects

thanks for your advice i live up north so cant be bothered going to the open days its wierd because i was dead set on going to manchester before, but now im not too sure!! :s: how much will it approximately cost if i were to go to a uni in london (would it be any different??)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    :evil:
    *kicks* :hmpf:

i dont want to go to college on tuesday

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to do weird job activity stuff on wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    I don't want to do weird job activity stuff on wednesday
    whats that?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.