Turn on thread page Beta

TSR's Penguin Society watch

• View Poll Results: What should happen to the Pingu Soc?
    Thread remains open.
    53.13%
    A new thread is started and Darth is the boss.
    0%
    A new thread in chat.
    15.63%
    A thread is made for Socs forum.
    31.25%

ReputationRep:
    I dont know why but I think Reyes can be a donkey at times- he always gets into good positions but his end product is dissapointing! he's not scored many goals this season and he falls over to easily. wenger is probably going to stick to the 4-5-1! Will Fabregas be fit for tommorow? ( i heard he was injured!)

yep, it was great :cool: i wouldnt mind united fans doing that for me some day it was written in the stars :p: the orange looked cool aswell- arsenal should consider changing their kit colour!

ReputationRep:
    Haha no! Red is back in next season (although I've grown quite fond of Redcurrant )

Reyes does fall over too easy. And makes a meal of it too. Really hate it when our players do that (Lauren is another, and I think Eboue is starting to learn from him..)
    He does produce sometimes though. Always exciting.
    Invariably will be 4-5-1 at Villereal, but not sure what Wenger will do tomorrow night. Might stick Van Persie up there with Henry (although he's not 100% atm in terms of sharpness having just come back from injury)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockelinho)
    Haha no! Red is back in next season (although I've grown quite fond of Redcurrant )

Reyes does fall over too easy. And makes a meal of it too. Really hate it when our players do that (Lauren is another, and I think Eboue is starting to learn from him..)
    He does produce sometimes though. Always exciting.
    Invariably will be 4-5-1 at Villereal, but not sure what Wenger will do tomorrow night. Might stick Van Persie up there with Henry (although he's not 100% atm in terms of sharpness having just come back from injury)
    you should keep the redcurrant? maroon? one- its cool :cool: but your away kit is better

its takes the biscuit, cos then the other team carry on playing and have an advantage cos your team all stop playing for a second. in the birmingham-villa game some player got in a scuffle with heskey and heskey raised his hands to him and pushed him in the face. that could've been a sending off but the villa player didnt even as much as dive- he just got on with the game!! c ronaldo does it a lot, and it's annoying- he might have a lot of potential but he's not a team player. apart from players who dive about i hate greedy players:mad: our problem is that we've got a crapish bench- so if ronaldo is playing badly SAF will probably not risk taking him off :hmpf:

i know reyes is exciting, but my sister supports arsenal cos of him amongst other players- which makes me furthr dislike him

he could stick van persie on the left? do you know whether fabragas is going to play. i like robin :p: cos he's a positive player, he'll be one too watch. if my teacher read these posts, he'll be further convinced that im changing sides:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah you're quite Pro-Arsenal...with me anyway. Not sure what you're like when chattin to your Utd mates!

Van Persie ain't a winger though. Although we don't exploit the 'winger' potential in Reyes in terms of getting crosses in, he does run at defenders at great pace and cause all sorts of problems running from deep in general. You see, I don't think Persie's cut out for that job. He's primarily a front man, with a good eye for goal and a sweet left foot. Does have a fair bit of trickery as well, but left wing aint for him.

I actually didn't hear anything about Cesc so always assumed he was playing. Hope so anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah you're quite Pro-Arsenal...with me anyway. Not sure what you're like when chattin to your Utd mates!

Van Persie ain't a winger though. Although we don't exploit the 'winger' potential in Reyes in terms of getting crosses in, he does run at defenders at great pace and cause all sorts of problems running from deep in general. You see, I don't think Persie's cut out for that job. He's primarily a front man, with a good eye for goal and a sweet left foot. Does have a fair bit of trickery as well, but left wing aint for him.

I actually didn't hear anything about Cesc so always assumed he was playing. Hope so anyway.
    Well in my school days i never knew any Arsenal fans, so i've never hated Arsenal. I always enjoy watching Arsenal play- they always play great footie, but if you were third and we were 2nd i'd be hoping that you lose :p: I only started 'disliking' arsenal cos of my sister just because she thinks that a certain player is 'good' she think she knows football!! she doesn even understand the darn offside rule!! during the 2nd leg vs Juventus she asked me 'so are Juventus playing better than us!??!!??!?' :eek:

The sad thing is that I only have one mate who supports united :p: i know some people that i play footie with that support united but dont see them on a daily basis. theres just two of us who are really into footie and we go to different colleges now (thats why i talk to my teachers about footie-my fmaths teacher rocks united fan! although i tend to talk to the arsenal teacher on a regular basis!)

do you hate any teams? i used to feel sorry for pool last year, but the pool mates that i know turned ugly this year so im not liking liverpool this season

I just remembered persie scoring that goal from the acute angle, after a run from the edge of the box so thought he was ok for it I'm not sure whether wenger will go 2 upfront cos that'll change the team structure, but if fabregas is injured he might do that

ReputationRep:
    Lol. You don't class your sis as an Arsenal fan. You class her as a girl :p:

My dad supports Pool, so always quite liked them myself. Obv Chelsea hatred has been building the past couple of years, i.e. when they started winning. There's Spurs...respect them for doing it for London, but come on, to say they deserve 4th spot just cos they've been there most of the season is b*******! We had to swallow a bitter pill when we lost the title to you guys a few years back (02/03 season I think), and so did Newcastle before that. Come the end of the season, whoever's there deserves to be there (unless there was some massive controversial decision..or whatever).

If Cesc is injured, I think Wenger will just put Diaby in. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. You don't class your sis as an Arsenal fan. You class her as a girl :p:

My dad supports Pool, so always quite liked them myself. Obv Chelsea hatred has been building the past couple of years, i.e. when they started winning. There's Spurs...respect them for doing it for London, but come on, to say they deserve 4th spot just cos they've been there most of the season is b*******! We had to swallow a bitter pill when we lost the title to you guys a few years back (02/03 season I think), and so did Newcastle before that. Come the end of the season, whoever's there deserves to be there (unless there was some massive controversial decision..or whatever).

If Cesc is injured, I think Wenger will just put Diaby in. Maybe.
    if i do that, then all of them will attack me :s: i used to hate her, cos she made me hate arsenal by supporting them (dont know whether that made sense :p: ) she used to support pool first! :hmmm:

i've never liked pool cos my uncle supports them- and the whole rivalry (them beating us in the FA Cup *ouch* )but i dunno why, last year cos i liked benitez i was not hating them. but liverpool fans that i know chucked my neutral feelings into the bin :hmpf: they're evil!! (apart from your dad )

i dont think i hate chelsea, but some of their dirty antics get on my nerves. i was bitter about them 'buying' success and still am at times, but they play good football at times so i leave them in peace!! (i wont be saying that after we play them- hope we win ) and the fact that mouinhos porto kicked us out of europe hurts:eek:

tbh, i agree with what you're saying about spurs :ninja: if you dont win the european cup i'd rather have you in europe than spurs. it just doesnt seem right, i know spurs should get credit but i think its a case of arsenal not doing well thats given them a boost. Spurs will probably do an everton :p: (dont tell my arsenal teacher, but i hope you get fourth place, even better 3rd and spurs fourth )

The pill i swallowed when you snatched the FA cup from us was worse :bawling: i actually had tears in the back of my eyes in that game :ninja: i couldnt swallow the darn pill- it was making me choke :hmmm: i think we could've done it had we not drawn against sunderland. me and maths teacher used to sit in lesson plotting results of games alas next season we'll see!

diaby seems like a viera player too me- not seen him play much but the goal he scored the other day was a typical viera goal if fabregas doesnt play then my sis will probably not watch the game :party:

ReputationRep:
    Ah man...we had to endure heartbreak against Pool. Damn Henchoz and his damn hand and that damn ref! It was so blatent! Much worse than Toure's the other day

We've both had a lot of heartbreakers down the years.

Anyway, night man.

ReputationRep:
    Ah man...we had to endure heartbreak against Pool. Damn Henchoz and his damn hand and that damn ref! It was so blatent! Much worse than Toure's the other day

We've both had a lot of heartbreakers down the years.

Anyway, night man.
    yep, we have! toure should switch positions with lehman if the outcome of that game had been different- then he'd have heard from me :p:

and a lot more to come :eek: (hope not!:p: )

night mockel :ciao: tc

ReputationRep:
    morning!

ReputationRep:
    LOL ! your a chief

ReputationRep:
    whyd you get a warning ?

ReputationRep:
    for advertising

ReputationRep:
    Moornin'!

ReputationRep:
    Morning everyone :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the soc :p:

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    :wavey: Hey Saiyamana! Long time no hear! Hows things?

ReputationRep:
    OMG! I just found out I got neg-repped for saying a mere 'hello' :mad: I was already depressed & now...the more the reason...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo~)
    OMG! I just found out I got neg-repped for saying a mere 'hello' :mad: I was already depressed & now...the more the reason...
    hope it wasn't worth too much :hugs:

things r not too bad, u?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.