Turn on thread page Beta

TSR's Penguin Society watch

• View Poll Results: What should happen to the Pingu Soc?
    Thread remains open.
    53.13%
    A new thread is started and Darth is the boss.
    0%
    A new thread in chat.
    15.63%
    A thread is made for Socs forum.
    31.25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameplayer_no1)
    thats what ive been doing coming on for 5 minutes then back to do some work

oh my brothers charge each other extra when they land on each others property :rolleyes: im never the banker coz then i get confused trying to play the game and be the banker

i found out some great news yesterday i got a A* on my history coursework wohoooo

- just a random fact that i thought you'd like to know
    well i've not exactly being going back to work :flute:

hehe, thats what i do my younger brother (when he was a kid!) started crying once cos he landed on park lane which had a hotel so he paid loads to my sister. he rolled again and got a double one so he was on mayfair, with a hotel :rofl: he cried cos my sis had just charged my other sis half price but was making him pay the full amount there ended our game :p:

i'm used to it now, i hate it when anyone touches the bank :cool: :p: i dunno why, but i dont rob from the bank :hmpf:

and A* thats brilliant!! well done :party: thanks for telling me shame i aint got a random fact to share back- actually i have! it was my parents wedding anniversary today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    well i've not exactly being going back to work :flute:

hehe, thats what i do my younger brother (when he was a kid!) started crying once cos he landed on park lane which had a hotel so he paid loads to my sister. he rolled again and got a double one so he was on mayfair, with a hotel :rofl: he cried cos my sis had just charged my other sis half price but was making him pay the full amount there ended our game :p:

i'm used to it now, i hate it when anyone touches the bank :cool: :p: i dunno why, but i dont rob from the bank :hmpf:

and A* thats brilliant!! well done :party: thanks for telling me shame i aint got a random fact to share back- actually i have! it was my parents wedding anniversary today
    lol they were good times when i used to play monopoly and other random games like the game of life and connect four with my family everyone used to argue, laugh at each other ,call each other cheaters :rolleyes:

thats coz your the banker :rolleyes: if you weren't the banker you'd want to rob the bank believe me been there, done that, got the t-shirt :p:

lol thanks and congrats to your parents :cool:

heres another random fact - yesterday was the first time i saw my dad in a tux :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol they were good times when i used to play monopoly and other random games like the game of life and connect four with my family everyone used to argue, laugh at each other ,call each other cheaters :rolleyes:

thats coz your the banker :rolleyes: if you weren't the banker you'd want to rob the bank believe me been there, done that, got the t-shirt :p:

lol thanks and congrats to your parents :cool:

heres another random fact - yesterday was the first time i saw my dad in a tux :eek: :eek:
    so does that not happen anymore? we dont play that much anymore, cos my little bro and sister start biting each others head off so it ruins everything and that the board has been ruined on more than one occasion i got called a cheater today for winning!! :hmmm: have you ever played a game called risk?

hmmm, i should try not being the banker some day but if i wasnt the banker and it was one of my sisters, they'd rob the bank!! one of cousins came once and he was the banker, him and his sister sat next to each whilst we were playing and his little sister used to knick 500s from the bank and put them near his money:eek: :eek: i ony realised this when she offered me a 500quid note

thanks :p: it was a funny day, cos my mum and dad were having a verbal boxing game and i was the bell ringer :cool: my mum lost

what was he doing in a tux?? my dad calls the tux a monkey/gorilla suit

ReputationRep:
    hey :wavey: are you holdiays over then?

hey jack and centipe :wavey: i just won payday :cool:
    yup! Im back

Exams coming up, but apart from that yup, stuck with me once again :p:

how have you been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    yup! Im back

Exams coming up, but apart from that yup, stuck with me once again :p:

how have you been?
    *bites back recess moment* :p: its good to have you back :five:

theres nothing wrong with that

i've been goodish :s:have been stressed out lately cos i've not utilised the holidays properly and times flying

ReputationRep:
    *bites back recess moment* :p: its good to have you back :five:

theres nothing wrong with that

i've been goodish :s:have been stressed out lately cos i've not utilised the holidays properly and times flying
    meh, you still got time left so don't panic just yet. I never saw the point in getting stressed out, it never actually gets you very far. You've got a while til your exams yet haven't you? month or 2.

Nice to be back

ReputationRep:
    so does that not happen anymore? we dont play that much anymore, cos my little bro and sister start biting each others head off so it ruins everything and that the board has been ruined on more than one occasion i got called a cheater today for winning!! :hmmm: have you ever played a game called risk?

hmmm, i should try not being the banker some day but if i wasnt the banker and it was one of my sisters, they'd rob the bank!! one of cousins came once and he was the banker, him and his sister sat next to each whilst we were playing and his little sister used to knick 500s from the bank and put them near his money:eek: :eek: i ony realised this when she offered me a 500quid note

thanks :p: it was a funny day, cos my mum and dad were having a verbal boxing game and i was the bell ringer :cool: my mum lost

what was he doing in a tux?? my dad calls the tux a monkey/gorilla suit
    nope we dont play board games as a family anymore big brothers at Uni mostly, little brother is moody and rude :rolleyes: my dads busy nearly all the time and my mums busy doing something or other and i cant be bothered to get everyone togther to play something random like monopoly

lol its funni when my little cousins tried to play monolpoly becuase they didnt understand the rule and just spent most of the time trying to see if they could eat the houses and the dice :rofl: they actualy thought that the money was real and went to my aunt that i gave the £100 each :rolleyes: :rolleyes: like im genorous enough to do that :rolleyes: i mean rich enough

verbal boxing match :eek: on theyre anniversary . well i suppose its normal enough

my parents went to a ballroom party they had to were posh clothes
    why does you dad call it a gorilla suit :confused:

ReputationRep:
    meh, you still got time left so don't panic just yet. I never saw the point in getting stressed out, it never actually gets you very far. You've got a while til your exams yet haven't you? month or 2.

Nice to be back
    the wierd thing is that i never used to panic :s: but since my biology GCSE i've been scarred permanently!! night before revision used to work, because i didnt stress out but somethings changed! it sucks, but i just need to get used to it :hmpf: one month

how did your holdiays go?

ReputationRep:
    Hey F1 Fanatic :wavey:
    how are you?

ReputationRep:
    nope we dont play board games as a family anymore big brothers at Uni mostly, little brother is moody and rude :rolleyes: my dads busy nearly all the time and my mums busy doing something or other and i cant be bothered to get everyone togther to play something random like monopoly

lol its funni when my little cousins tried to play monolpoly becuase they didnt understand the rule and just spent most of the time trying to see if they could eat the houses and the dice :rofl: they actualy thought that the money was real and went to my aunt that i gave the £100 each :rolleyes: :rolleyes: like im genorous enough to do that :rolleyes: i mean rich enough

verbal boxing match :eek: on theyre anniversary . well i suppose its normal enough

my parents went to a ballroom party they had to were posh clothes
    why does you dad call it a gorilla suit :confused:
    well its not that bad a thing :p: we dont play much anymore either cos no one can be bothered :ninja: i played cos thats my bday present to my sister

:rofl: kids that age believe anything :p: i used to erm collect the green houses did you used to watch 'stich up' on bbc the little kid once went to shop with monoploy money :p: so if you were rich enough, you would do that? ^o) :p:

well it wasnt bloody so that was ok :p: my mums the easiest person in the world to wind up, so we were just having some fun :cool: :p: well it was after they came back home, so it was fun (my dad won )

ballroom party :s: cos he doesnt like wearing one thats why:p:

ReputationRep:
    well its not that bad a thing :p: we dont play much anymore either cos no one can be bothered :ninja: i played cos thats my bday present to my sister

:rofl: kids that age believe anything :p: i used to erm collect the green houses did you used to watch 'stich up' on bbc the little kid once went to shop with monoploy money :p: so if you were rich enough, you would do that? ^o) :p:

well it wasnt bloody so that was ok :p: my mums the easiest person in the world to wind up, so we were just having some fun :cool: :p: well it was after they came back home, so it was fun (my dad won )

ballroom party :s: cos he doesnt like wearing one thats why:p:
    that was you bday present to your sis :eek: cheap :p: :p: kidding i bet you got her something cool :cool:

yep when i was babysitting them ages back they were being reali anoying :hmpf: and i was only doing it to help out my aunt so to get them to shut up i told the most random thing that came to my mind i told them that i was watching TV and on the news aliens had been spotted and they loved to eat little kids :evil: and then i made out that id just seen one in the back garden :rofl: never seen them run so fast up to thier beds my aunt was well impressed when she came home to find them in bed predenting to be fast asleep :angel:

lol my mums reali easy to wind up as well so is my little brother its great annoying them

ReputationRep:
    the wierd thing is that i never used to panic :s: but since my biology GCSE i've been scarred permanently!! night before revision used to work, because i didnt stress out but somethings changed! it sucks, but i just need to get used to it :hmpf: one month

how did your holdiays go?
    I go for the opposite approach. Lots of pre revision and nothing the night before. I find it much less stressful. Maybe you should try that. At A-level and beyond you wont get away with last minute revision.

What was so bad about gcse biology?

My holidays werent bad at all... didn't do much but if nothing else it was relaxing . Always good to take a break every now and then!

Hi gameplayer! :hello: do you have another name btw?

ReputationRep:
    that was you bday present to your sis :eek: cheap :p: :p: kidding i bet you got her something cool :cool:

yep when i was babysitting them ages back they were being reali anoying :hmpf: and i was only doing it to help out my aunt so to get them to shut up i told the most random thing that came to my mind i told them that i was watching TV and on the news aliens had been spotted and they loved to eat little kids :evil: and then i made out that id just seen one in the back garden :rofl: never seen them run so fast up to thier beds my aunt was well impressed when she came home to find them in bed predenting to be fast asleep :angel:

lol my mums reali easy to wind up as well so is my little brother its great annoying them
    :p: hehe well thats what i told her :ninja: maybe i will get her something cool might just treat her!!

:rofl: haha dont know why but that just reminded me of signs :s: you're lucky that the kids didnt demand to go alien hunting :p:

:five: my mum knows how to make me mad, so she always does that and enjoys it so today it was great seeing her getting wound up :p: :evil: but today was a good day i got no work done, but felt that some questions were answered

ReputationRep:
    I go for the opposite approach. Lots of pre revision and nothing the night before. I find it much less stressful. Maybe you should try that. At A-level and beyond you wont get away with last minute revision.

My holidays werent bad at all... didn't do much but if nothing else it was relaxing . Always good to take a break every now and then!

yep you can call me GP1 or GP or gamer chick or just gamer

ReputationRep:

Since year seven i've been doing all nighters etc and getting away with it, but that was cos of my positive attitude. i knew that i'd be able to do it. its hard to break old habits i know it'd be much less stressfull, but even though i know that I still dont change!!

i erm.. well i'd woken up at 3am to revise for it and my exams was at 1:30. I was confident of revising everything (cos i was following my normal routine!) but then i started panicking i didnt know what the heck was wrong with me at the time, but it was causing me distress and preventing me from revising! since that day i always start panicking and thats why i've been messing up recently, i hate it when it happens during an exam :eek: ach well, i never liked biology

haha yep it is but if one takes too long a break, then that equals troube :p:

she's also known as GP1 around these parts :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    :p: hehe well thats what i told her :ninja: maybe i will get her something cool might just treat her!!

:rofl: haha dont know why but that just reminded me of signs :s: you're lucky that the kids didnt demand to go alien hunting :p:

:five: my mum knows how to make me mad, so she always does that and enjoys it so today it was great seeing her getting wound up :p: :evil: but today was a good day i got no work done, but felt that some questions were answered
    lol
    alien hunting if they had said that i would have told them 'did i say aliens i meant your science teacher from school'

hehe my whole family knows how to wind me up it reali anoys me coz if one starts to anoy me they all kinda join in and im like 'what is it pick on me day or something'

lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol
    alien hunting if they had said that i would have told them 'did i say aliens i meant your science teacher from school'

hehe my whole family knows how to wind me up it reali anoys me coz if one starts to anoy me they all kinda join in and im like 'what is it pick on me day or something'

lol :rolleyes:
    ha they'd like that wouldnt they!! have you watched signs?

thats sucks, but i'm afraid it happens everywhere :p: i know what you mean though my mum might be telling me off about something and then everyone joins in :hmmm: families eh:rolleyes: :p:

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    yep you can call me GP1 or GP or gamer chick or just gamer
    Well GP has good connotations for me so thats all good . Oh you can call me F1F or F1 or Stu or whatever...

Probably you are worrying about worrying Darth, its always hard not to panic. I've done it myself on a few occasions. Just make sure you are prepared and it will be much easier.

Sorry for the pauses btw, Im trying to update my thread which got hashed up after the upgrade. Its taking ages and is somewhat of a mammoth project :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ha they'd like that wouldnt they!! have you watched signs?

thats sucks, but i'm afraid it happens everywhere :p: i know what you mean though my mum might be telling me off about something and then everyone joins in :hmmm: families eh:rolleyes: :p:

:cool:
    yep ive seen signs good movie but i was reali freaked out when i first watched it , that bit with the alien walking past the bush at the kids party :eek: :eek: :eek: but i liked scary movie 3 were they made fun of it

have you seen scary movie 3?

ReputationRep:
    Well GP has good connotations for me so thats all good . Oh you can call me F1F or F1 or Stu or whatever...

Probably you are worrying about worrying Darth, its always hard not to panic. I've done it myself on a few occasions. Just make sure you are prepared and it will be much easier.

Sorry for the pauses btw, Im trying to update my thread which got hashed up after the upgrade. Its taking ages and is somewhat of a mammoth project :rolleyes:
    hehe

i'll try to make sure, but thinking that makes me laugh :p:

no problem, i'm trying to upload a video on the computer and it keeps on crashing :mad: (which thread is it?)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.