The Student Room Group
im fine thanks u?

what other forum are you a member of? :hmmm: :p:
January Victim
hey people
anyone do psychology or know the spearman's rank test?
hey :smile:

erm i did it in the beginning of the year :s: why?
January Victim
hey people
anyone do psychology or know the spearman's rank test?

I don't do pschology but I can do spearman's rank. :smile:
The Centipe
im fine thanks u?

what other forum are you a member of? :hmmm: :p:
im a bit tired now :s: cant be bothered doing my hw :ninja:

lol, just a couple of others :ninja: hehe but its unbelievable the way some people think they own the damn world!! i went off topic for a second and a member pounced on me! to hell with that forum!

(yep i am pretty mad :biggrin: )
i got my r as 0.96 but the stupid thing says i need a critical r value to compare with my r so that i can see whether the hypothesis is what happens rather than the null hypothesis
January Victim
i got my r as 0.96 but the stupid thing says i need a critical r value to compare with my r so that i can see whether the hypothesis is what happens rather than the null hypothesis
have you got a yellow booklet or booklet with stats tables in them. there should be some for the spearmans test.

all you've got to do is find the critical value and then compare it. i cant remember properly but you need something else to look up the tables aswell :s:
i haven't got any tables :bawling: and what is the ciritcal value? or what determines the criitcal value? is like the number of people tested etc? i'm confused *cries and tears out hair some more!*
January Victim
i haven't got any tables :bawling: and what is the ciritcal value? or what determines the criitcal value? is like the number of people tested etc? i'm confused *cries and tears out hair some more!*
well if you give me 20 mins i'll have my stats work and the spearmans thing out, so i'll be able to tell you :smile:

(i'll see if i can get it now, but if i move from the comp someone else will sit down :ninja: :p: )

the r value ( i think) determines the critical value.dont worry, lemme see what i can do :smile: (btw whats your hypothesis? are you looking for positive correlation?)
thankyou!!! :hugs: yeh i'm looking for a pos correlation.

and after that i've got to get someone to teach me the mann whitney u test. bloody stats! grr:mad: and i haven't got time...will be done tomorrow *makes notes*
i've got to go now,could you pm me stuff if you find it darth? thanks if you do or don't.just for offering! :hugs: nite everyone :wavey:
before you go i need to know n (the number of people?) and the significance level of the test and your hypothesis :smile: and whether its a two-tail or one tail test?
:hello:

:nuts:
:yawn:
lol, heya darth :wavey: how you been? :smile:
hey SCx :p: ive been okayish :s: tis been a funny day today (like a see saw :s: )

how are you? :smile:
lol a see saw? how so? :smile:

tireddd :yawn: been ill past week :frown: had to go to hospital yesterday and have a blood test :hmpf: but they couldnt find my vein on my left arm :eek: :toofunny: so they had to take blood from the other arm. Doctors think i might be anemica :hmpf: but went back to 6th form today, such a longg boring day thou, might head off to bed soon :sleep: :p: how was your day?
i had a really good day, but when i came home little things bugged me. my sisters taking her sats atm and she's just bugging me and i think i'm just letting it all get to me :hmpf: (hayleys cloud has been passed to me :eek: :p: )

how are you feeling now? :smile: hehe:redface:, how many bottles did they take? at least you've been to the doctors now!!! my day was long aswell, one of my mates didnt come so it felt wierd at times!! im going to bed in 5 mins aswell, have to be up early tomorow and try to finish some hw :flute:

lol, i think i've answered how my day went :p: but i played footie today which was good :biggrin:

what about your day?
darth_vader05
i had a really good day, but when i came home little things bugged me. my sisters taking her sats atm and she's just bugging me and i think i'm just letting it all get to me :hmpf: (hayleys cloud has been passed to me :eek: :p: )

how are you feeling now? :smile: hehe:redface:, how many bottles did they take? at least you've been to the doctors now!!! my day was long aswell, one of my mates didnt come so it felt wierd at times!! im going to bed in 5 mins aswell, have to be up early tomorow and try to finish some hw :flute:

lol, i think i've answered how my day went :p: but i played footie today which was good :biggrin:

what about your day?

lol :p: aww when does her SATs finish?

tiredd :yawn: a lot :sleep: lol 3 bottles :hmpf: hehe yeh :p: lol i just did a few hours of maths revision :ninja: :p:

lol :biggrin:

biology test :afraid: didn't know i had one so flopped that :biggrin: lol and then chemistry with polymerisation which is pointless cos thats what the open book exam was all about :hmpf: lol

I'm off to sleep, night :ciao: :smile:

Latest