Turn on thread page Beta

TSR's Penguin Society watch

• View Poll Results: What should happen to the Pingu Soc?
    Thread remains open.
    53.13%
    A new thread is started and Darth is the boss.
    0%
    A new thread in chat.
    15.63%
    A thread is made for Socs forum.
    31.25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    nah it werent a war, oneway was upset last night about someone threatening him and just got into a misunderstanding with lucas and tom. But in the end tom said sorry and lucas felt really bad afterwards. Hopefully oneway is ok though.

deja vu with Toms post :p:
    Not a misunderstanding. The guy had some kind of relationship troubles, and we failed to see how seriously he was taking and and thus didn't lay on enough 'sympathy' to keep him from taking a little of it out on us.

Having said that, though, it was evidently enough that he was really unhappy, so we both ended up feeling sorry about speaking out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    I didn't set out to upset him, and when i realised how much i had, apologised.

BUT, one can't always just pander to someone. A lot of the :hugs:, and cliched 'advice' seems like so much falseness, designed to maintain the illusion that we take the problem as seriously as he apparently did. Lucas didn't pick the best time to call him a drama queen, but the point holds true i'm afraid.
    I was not pin poiting it at you. I was just letting everyone know so it can be avoided. It has happened twice this week, so i don't want it to happen again.

You said sorry though, which is why we should forget it happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    I didn't set out to upset him, and when i realised how much i had, apologised.

BUT, one can't always just pander to someone. A lot of the :hugs:, and cliched 'advice' seems like so much falseness, designed to maintain the illusion that we take the problem as seriously as he apparently did. Lucas didn't pick the best time to call him a drama queen, but the point holds true i'm afraid.
    i disagree with that- ive genuinely made friends on tsr (believe it or not :p: ) who do tend to make me feel better when im down. i dont know what happened last night (but am finding out hehe!!) so i cant comment on that, but i hope it wasnt bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Not a misunderstanding. The guy had some kind of relationship troubles, and we failed to see how seriously he was taking and and thus didn't lay on enough 'sympathy' to keep him from taking a little of it out on us.

Having said that, though, it was evidently enough that he was really unhappy, so we both ended up feeling sorry about speaking out.
    everyone has a different opinion. I agree with LPK, you said sorry so we should just forget about it.

ReputationRep:
    :ciao: penguins gtg now!! remember im darth vader so leave the killing to me

ive committed a grave sin fellow penguins- i went out tonight :eek: :eek: (goodnight :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneway)
    :hello:
    Darth - you get my message i left you last night ?
    got it today hehe

ReputationRep:
    OK. Well, i'm off for this evening anyway. Bye penguins :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    :ciao: penguins gtg now!! remember im darth vader so leave the killing to me

ive committed a grave sin fellow penguins- i went out tonight :eek: :eek: (goodnight :p: )
    lol! :p:

see ya darth :ciao:

SC....(x) :eek: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    OK. Well, i'm off for this evening anyway. Bye penguins :ciao:

night Tom :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    I am going for the night. No more 'misunderstandings' tomorrow. Please.

ReputationRep:
    got it today hehe
    Hang on a sec....why couldn't i see that? Are you quoting a PM, or does TSR have some kind of an invisible-to-some feature?

ReputationRep:
    night LPK :ciao:

im off to do some revision :motz: stupid exams :hmpf:
    bye bye :ciao: :hugs:

SC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    i'll try my best (whilst im sleeping!!) Au Revoir hehehe :ciao: and SC(x) glad that youve finally admitted it :cool: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Hang on a sec....why couldn't i see that? Are you quoting a PM, or does TSR have some kind of an invisible-to-some feature?
    nah thats not a pm- i went back about 1000th posts:eek: and found it ( a bit late i think- but better late than never :p: )

ReputationRep:
    i'll try my best (whilst im sleeping!!) Au Revoir hehehe :ciao: and SC(x) glad that youve finally admitted it :cool: :p:
    lol! admitted what? its in brackets :rolleyes: :p:
    night night :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Now that's annoying. You're (claiming to be) 15. Don't try to be patronising. There was no 'misunderstanding'. The thread isn't going (pretend) to be nice/happy just because you like it to look that way.

I'm not actually reading your post that way, i'm sure that's not how it was intended

ReputationRep:
    heya all! and LPK - what do you think of MR_JRs avvy?

ReputationRep:
    hi trish - hi all

ReputationRep:
    heya hows you? you didnt complete your dare!

ReputationRep:
    Because my sub ran out half-way through!

thats a good excuse.. right?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.