Bands that 'Suck' live

Watch this thread
jaimie.st
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
What are your thoughts? Have you ever been to see a band, or seen a recorded live performance and been disappointed?

For me it would be 'Evanescence', their recordings are really well mixed but the vocals are horrendous live!

Muse, however, are excellent.
grant5
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
I love the Fleet Foxes album, but they sucked at Glastonbury on the Pyramid Stage, me and my mate were really looking forward to listenin to them. They sounded poor and quite nervous. They probably would have been much on a smaller stage, something a bit more intimate. The Rakes were pretty **** as well.

Neil Young later in the day and Blur on Sunday were immense. Leonard Cohen in Manchester was also quality.
inksplodge
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jaimie.st)
What are your thoughts? Have you ever been to see a band, or seen a recorded live performance and been disappointed?

For me it would be 'Evanescence', their recordings are really well mixed but the vocals are horrendous live!

I was SO going to say Evanescence. Amy Lee is a terrible singer live, but she sounds good in the recordings. For this reason I prefer Within Temptation =)
rngesus
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Lacuna Coil and Megadeth immediately come to mind.
Iamarapist
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I wan't too impressed with System of a Down when I went to see them, despite loving their recorded stuff.
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Funeral for a Friend. They really just don't give a ****. They sound alright, but then finish half an hour before curfew, with no encore, and play way too much of their post-Hours stuff.
Nfixlol
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
MGMT, tbfh. :nn:
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
30 Seconds to Mars, god they were awful. Luckily I didn't pay for the ticket as it was a freebie from a friend who had a spare.
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
The Fratellis were absolutely awful when I had the misfortune of having to work one of their gigs. The lead vocalist can't sing for ****.

The Big Pink were dreadful also. It was so mind-numbingly boring, standing there while they droned on.
T kay
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jaimie.st)

You sir, have excellent taste.

I've watched a lot of their live performances on Youtube. Orgasmic stuff :yep:
Nfixlol
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
The Fratellis were absolutely awful when I had the misfortune of having to work one of their gigs. The lead vocalist can't sing for ****.

The Big Pink were dreadful also. It was so mind-numbingly boring, standing there while they droned on.
not really surprising to be honest, seeing as they're **** recorded as well.
Spinnerette
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Evanescence I saw them in their early days and she was terrible then too. She needs to learn breathing exercises and how to control her voice better.

I saw Nightwish (with Tarja) live and they were spot on though.
cowsforsale
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
reverend for the ****** makers, keane, ... aw they were horrible.

Fratelis are good i've seen them twice...atmosphere was amazing
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nfixlol)
not really surprising to be honest, seeing as they're **** recorded as well.
Touché, good sir.

Worst part of the night though was the fact that, after having the Fratellis aurally rape us all, the DJ for the clubnight afterwards decided to play Chelsea Dagger later in the night. Had to hear that **** twice in one night!!
pigwigeon
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Probably going to upset a lot of people here, but Red Hot Chili Peppers. Saw them at Reading a couple of years ago and they were just boring.

Also Vampire Weekend.

And a fair few emo bands I saw back in the day, but I won't embarrass myself by mentioning them...
londonboym
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Paolo Nutini.
cowsforsale
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
oh yea, Boy kill boy there's 8 pounds i will never see again!
grant5
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by londonboym)
Paolo Nutini.
Id hate to have to watch him live, he sounds like an elderly Jamaican man. Awful.
menagerie
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pigwigeon)
Probably going to upset a lot of people here, but Red Hot Chili Peppers. Saw them at Reading a couple of years ago and they were just boring.

Also Vampire Weekend.

And a fair few emo bands I saw back in the day, but I won't embarrass myself by mentioning them...
I also saw RHCP at Reading a few years ago and they were *****, however at Earls Court they were amazing. Not sure what went wrong at Reading, but it didn't do their live performing justice at all.
Spinnerette
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pigwigeon)

Also Vampire Weekend.

I saw the red hot chilli peppers about 6 years ago performing with James Brown as a support act (I know wth?) in Cardiff.

Let's just say James Brown blew them out of the water.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (150)
40.54%
They're exactly what I expected (92)
24.86%