Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there people!

This thread is for any of you out there who play the guitar and in particular own a Fender Stratocaster. Like me, you're aware that a the Strat is the most beautiful electric guitar ever designed and that it's versatility as an instrument is fantastic. It can play blues, rock, jazz and alternative equally well and all you need to get the most out of one is a good Fender or Marshall amplifier and your skills. It most certainly does not need fancy Wah effects or ridiculously expensive pedal kits to achieve it's potential.

I've written this thread for all those guitarists who are of a good standard and can contribute something. For example, their thoughts on guitarists styles and how others could learn from it, tablature links or ideas about cool chord progressions, licks, scales and soloing ideas. All are welcome to use this thread, of course, but the idea is to get people talking about playing and improving by learning from people better, and worse, than yourself.

I'm a blues, blues rock and acoustic player myself. I'll start this off by talking a bit about the guitarist I respect the most, the master of the Strat - Eric Clapton. To me he is one of the best blues guitarists alive and his style is still as original as it was when he was in Cream and Derek & The Dominoes. Granted, he's getting on a bit and he doesn't quite rock as much as he used to but he still beats many others when it comes to soloing. His note selection is fantastic and he can adjust his playing to fit any mood with ease. I went to see him at the Royal Albert Hall last year and to hear him play songs like Badge, Cocaine, Sunshine Of Your Love and, of course, Layla was a fantastic experience.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.