Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I applied to Manchester for 2006 Entry for the course G602 (software engineering) using the courses listed for 2005 entry (i think there wasnt a list of courses for 2006 Entry at the time):
    Here It Is Now

    [G602] Software Engineering with Industrial Experience (4 Years) [BSc]

    I just noticed that the code G602 for 2006 Entry is

    [G602] Software Engineering (Business Systems) with Industrial Experience (4 Years) [BSc]
    [G603] Software Engineering (Computer Science) with Industrial Experience FT (3 Years) [BSc]

    now.. G603 is what i really want..there wasnt a choice of courses, one being Business and the other Computer Science...
    so now my application says G602..
    Can it be changed?
    • Thread Starter

    I just read this..

    Teaching and learning

    Our teaching reflects the breadth and standing of our research. The presence of senior personnel from major employers on our Cirriculum Consultative Committee also assures the industrial and business relevance of our degree programmes and course units. Undergraduate teaching is modular with many of the course units common to the different degree programmes. This means that it is usually possible to change between programmes up to the end of your first year. For a Single Honours programme you should expect to attend 10 to 12 lectures each week in the first and second years. You will also have the opportunity to develop your learning in tutorials and apply it practically in laboratories that last for about six hours each week. You will need to spend a similar amount of time (around 20 hours) in private studying preparing for tutorials and laboratories, and understanding lectures.

    Does this mean i can change between courses of Software Engineering?
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2005
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.