The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought my exam well quite good. I don't think I made my Cardiff offer because I was predicted BBC and they wanted BBB so we'll have to see but as everyone probably knows by now, I would be happy going to my insurance.
Reply 2
After I've done my exams, I have a feeling that I don't get into my firm choice. If I don't get in I have to go through clearing, as I have no insurance choice.

I heard that my uni accepts people who have missed their offer by one grade, so it should be alright.
Reply 3
Well mine was all hanging on chemistry
I'd taken Jan exams in Math + Bio and done really well at AS so there was very little question of me getting the grade
But Chemistry...... twas dodgy
Thankfully the exam went MUCH better than expected so i THINK i've done it :biggrin:
If not... well i'm in love with Warwick anyway!
Reply 4
RobbieC
It's natural to be pessimistic, I feel... but I am genuinely very unsure as to whether I did enough to meet my offer. Do you guys think you will, or won't make your first choice?

This thread is in part to find other worriers like me:smile: and hug together for warmth in the face of cold, hard rejection!

I'm convinced I got a C in Maths at best (need a B). And I'm worried about getting an A in geography. I honestly don't know how good my coursework was, but I was expecting a good exam, and that didn't really happen (thinking about it, it went the same as my Higher which I was convinced I'd done badly in, and got an A, so fingers crossed) and now I find out that's worth more of my grade than we were told. Modern Studies I'm confident in. One subject out of three ain't bad :rolleyes:

Robbie, we've got to practice begging! We've got to both make it to Collingwood :hugs:
Reply 5
I don't think i will have too much of a problem getting AAB, i did quite well on coursework this year and my AS results were good, so i don't think i actually have to do that well.

Have you guys added up your UMS that you know of, and taken it away from what you need to get your offer? When i did that i found i was only needing Cs and Ds in subjects to get As. Try it if you haven't already, it might put your mind at rest. xx
Reply 6
I think the main threat to my offer is biology - depending on how that went I'll either get a B or C (need a B). The other two subjects should be ok (I hope), its just biology :frown:
Reply 7
I've definitely made my offer, 'cos it's only ABC, but it will be touch and go whether I can get my A in Geography, which is a bit gutting, and I'm not sure about Biology either. I think I've got an A in German, and an A in Economics, and probably a U in Maths and Critical Thinking - good job I don't care about them! :biggrin:
Reply 8
I need AAB for Physics and Astronomy at Durham (Collingwood) but it now seems like a distant dream!

Chem - was ok, need a B, probs got a C/B :redface:
Maths - was way too hard, especially the end of C4 although C3 was not too bad :eek:
Physics - aaaarrrghhh - surely you are supposed to do best in the thing you want to study at uni?? I have my lowest UMS in Physics and couldhardly do any of the A2 paper :mad: :mad:

Anways may see you all there in October!
Reply 9
hmmm probably not.. i need BBB lol, will more likely be BCD.. never mind.. exams from 2 subjects were quite hard... teachers even commented about it, so it might be a case that others didnt do as well and lower grade boundaries?? *fingers crossed!*
Reply 10
smithy
I need AAB for Physics and Astronomy at Durham (Collingwood) but it now seems like a distant dream!

Chem - was ok, need a B, probs got a C/B :redface:
Maths - was way too hard, especially the end of C4 although C3 was not too bad :eek:
Physics - aaaarrrghhh - surely you are supposed to do best in the thing you want to study at uni?? I have my lowest UMS in Physics and couldhardly do any of the A2 paper :mad: :mad:

Anways may see you all there in October!

yeah, c4 was mad. That exam screwed me up aswell, lucky i have a v.nice offer.
Well i need ABB and the only subjects i can get an A in are Economics and Law, and i reckon i messed up my Economics synoptic paper, so its all depends on Law which went well. Yeh when i add up my ums, for Economics i can get a B (presuming i dont improve on u6 retake) by getting 40 on both papers which is about a D. Iv got a feeling i'll miss it by 1 grade so i may either have to go to my Insurance which i'll be gutted about or beg Notts admissions tutors.

I may ask if they'll transfer my offer for next yr so can take a yr out and re-take a few modules.
Reply 12
lol im definetly not gonna make mine but im not 2 bothered cos i cant really avoid 2 go this year!
Reply 13
I need AAA but I think ABBB or AABB are far more likely, hopefully they'll let me in regardless.
Reply 14
I think I wont make the grades... I'll get the A in Maths and the B in Business for sure... but I think I'll get a B
i think i failed physics and chemistry...............and biology, lol. I got good grades last year but i dont think i pulled it off this year. Just gotta hope.
I think I've got the A in geography (I love AS marks counting 50% :wink:)I need and I will be pretty shocked, and extremely upset, if I haven't to be honest! However, my sociology synoptic was very strange and I have no idea how I have done - I needed a C in that exam to get an A overall and in my estimations of marks I could've got anything from an A to a U! Bah, grade boundaries. Biology went well and I reckon I've done enough to get a B, although I want an A. If I do get an A it will be by the smallest margin i.e. 480/600 or something!

Soo, I am feeling 33% confident. :biggrin: My insurance offer is the same as my firm so if I don't get AAB I'm not going to uni...

Aww, Ellie, why don't you think you got an A in geography? Didn't the exams go well?
Reply 17
[QUOTE=-Sian-
Aww, Ellie, why don't you think you got an A in geography? Didn't the exams go well?

'Cos I only had 267 or something at AS, and my A2 exams did go well, but the synoptic which is worth the most was a bit weird and it's hard to guess how well I've done :s:
i already missed mine! :frown:
Reply 19
I need AAA and was predicted AAAAA, but by the way the exams went I am getting extremely worried. I will be so gutted if I don't get into UCL, or even worse my insurance which is BBB. I think I got something like BBCCE and starting to regret dropping maths at AS and then studying it in one year!

Latest

Trending

Trending