Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    'Cos I only had 267 or something at AS, and my A2 exams did go well, but the synoptic which is worth the most was a bit weird and it's hard to guess how well I've done :s:
    'Only 267' *cries*

ReputationRep:
    I only need a U and two D's to meet my grades, so i ****ing hope i have lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    'Only 267' *cries*
    Don't be mean Jumpy.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be mean Jumpy.
    I'm not... I'm saying 267 is good you foolio :p:

[and me don't appreciate being called Jumpy - sounds to much like a kangarooooooo]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    I'm not... I'm saying 267 is good you foolio :p:

[and me don't appreciate being called Jumpy - sounds to much like a kangarooooooo]
    Oh
    How about the Jumpanator? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Oh
    How about the Jumpanator? :cool:
    Umm ok :rolleyes: , only if you are the Elliester though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Umm ok :rolleyes: , only if you are the Elliester though
    Cool =) We can fight crime together.

ReputationRep:
    Cool =) We can fight crime together.
    Fo shizzle :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Getting a C in psycholgy and health and social, i'm quietly confident about..but i had to get a B in Medai and i'm so scared that i've missed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    Getting a C in psycholgy and health and social, i'm quietly confident about..but i had to get a B in Medai and i'm so scared that i've missed it.
    which exam board are you with for media?

ReputationRep:
    I need AAA in Physics Chemistry and Maths EEK! If it was just AAA I wouldn't mind, because I could have got the As in English or History or something, but NOOOO! I have to be given a stupid offer... Ah well, if I don't make it (probably won't due to Physics or Chemistry!) then at least I know I didn't drop out of any of my subjects that I enjoyed to make a silly offer... Never saw why I should let my breadth go to make it anyhow!

Summing up, my Physics synoptic and one exam went rather badly, and Im not sure my AS and A2 coursework is enough to counterbalance... and chemistry, well thats always a wildcard!

Yes Acaila, we need to get into Collingwood!!! If we don't we could always try cambridge again next year...

ReputationRep:
    I need AAA to go to Manchester in Sept, and if I don't meet the offer, i won't be going to uni next year!!

I didn't need great grades in June exams-
    29/90 in Economics should be a fairly safe A.
    Need a C in Politics coursework, which was pretty rubbish!
    2 Cs in English exams...... not so confident about this, they both went pretty badly!

Ah well.... nothing we can do about it now but wait and hope!!

ReputationRep:
    I need BBB for Bristol, which I should make. I reckon I'll probably get A in French, B in History and A/B in Music - I only needed about half marks from the music exam to get an A, but I ****ed it up badly. Plus my recital will probably receive a completely random mark betwen 0 and 100.

ReputationRep:
    Need ABB. Having done my exams, really don't see why I shouldn't get it. And hopefully a bit better.

Hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    I need BBB for Bristol, which I should make. I reckon I'll probably get A in French, B in History and A/B in Music - I only needed about half marks from the music exam to get an A, but I ****ed it up badly. Plus my recital will probably receive a completely random mark betwen 0 and 100.
    Are you taking a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    'Only 267' *cries*
    I know what you mean!!

In my AS History I ONLY had about 275! A C! And I got *that* up to an A

ReputationRep:
    I need AAB with an A in English. I'm pretty confident about getting an A in Psych (since I only need 28/120), and a B in Geog (although I want an A!). English is the one I'm worried about, but hopefully I'll be ok. I really like my insurance (Sheffield) though so I'll be happy if I end up going there!

ReputationRep:
    I need 180 points to get into university by using 2-3 A-levels. I'm sure I've done well in the exams and hopefully on results day, I will get the grades to get into you university. If I don't, I just hope they would still accept me with 160-170 points, as I have no insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    It's natural to be pessimistic, I feel... but I am genuinely very unsure as to whether I did enough to meet my offer. Do you guys think you will, or won't make your first choice?

This thread is in part to find other worriers like me and hug together for warmth in the face of cold, hard rejection!
    this is the worst time of year all i can do is wait for my results because no one will hire me cos i am going to uni and leaving, and i have to wait till the 18th of august to be put out of my wo. My step-dad works for the AQA as a porter and he has already seen some of the summer paper come back marked, and we still have a over month to wait, everyone with me WHY!!! they know them already but they make us wait. i am also in the same boat as most people on this thread most of my exams where fine, there was just one dodgy subject that could throw the whole thing for me, physics. I have taken up suduko to try and take my mind off it, and reading stephen king books.

ReputationRep:
    i need AAA but i was predicted AAB, and i worked my backside off to try and get my grades. Now its come down to it i feel like i havent done enough, and im worrying iv let the 2 subjeccts i was predicted As in slip. but then i think im being stupid because in 1 i only needed 50 marks for an A out of 90, but im still fretting!!! oh dear......................

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.