Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am seriously worried about meeting my AABB Notts offer, in fact i know i won't so i am preparing for a year out and retaking two modules in january, grr
    Maths - High A's in all but C4 that i mucked up badly
    Economics - Perhaps an A, but likely a high B
    Geography - B
    Business Studies - Probably an A

So if i am lucky i may scrape in with AABB but i very much doubt it, i hope they accept me with ABBB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredstar)
    I am seriously worried about meeting my AABB Notts offer, in fact i know i won't so i am preparing for a year out and retaking two modules in january, grr
    Maths - High A's in all but C4 that i mucked up badly
    Economics - Perhaps an A, but likely a high B
    Geography - B
    Business Studies - Probably an A

So if i am lucky i may scrape in with AABB but i very much doubt it, i hope they accept me with ABBB
    So that makes it Maths - A, Economics - B, Geography - B, B Studies - A which gives AABB :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    So that makes it Maths - A, Economics - B, Geography - B, B Studies - A which gives AABB :confused:
    No i meant i mucked up Maths C4 realllyy bad so likely i have missed the A so leaves me with ABBB which is so frustrating

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly certain I have missed my offer *cries*

My results could be AAAA or ABBB. I have a feeling it's the latter.

ReputationRep:
    In response to the original thread title:

Oh please God I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    I think I missed my offer, but I'm hoping that I havn't though. I just hope my results are over 200 UCAS points or above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I think I missed my offer, but I'm hoping that I havn't though. I just hope my results are over 200 UCAS points or above.
    You've already posted this! :P

ReputationRep:
    How long is it til we get our results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    How long is it til we get our results?
    26 more days (including weekends) till August 18 to get our results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    26 more days (including weekends) till August 18 to get our results.
    Hmm. That's still ages really. *Goes back to sleep*

ReputationRep:
    No I dont think I will meet my offer. Though I dont think I'll be alive by 18th August to find out. I'm slowly dying of all the nervous breakdowns I have whenever I think about it

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. That's still ages really. *Goes back to sleep*
    Yeah, it is still a long time until August 18. UCAS get them in 15 more days (i.e. the sunday before the week of results day) (including weekends).

(Original post by Vixen)
    No I dont think I will meet my offer. Though I dont think I'll be alive by 18th August to find out. I'm slowly dying of all the nervous breakdowns I have whenever I think about it
    I have faith in you that you will meet your offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Yeah, it is still a long time until August 18. UCAS get them in 22 more days (i.e. the sunday before the week of results day) (including weekends).

I have faith in you that you will meet your offer!
    So when do unis get them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    It's natural to be pessimistic, I feel... but I am genuinely very unsure as to whether I did enough to meet my offer. Do you guys think you will, or won't make your first choice?

This thread is in part to find other worriers like me and hug together for warmth in the face of cold, hard rejection!
    I don't think i've made my offer...and i don't have an insurance. Maybe i'm just being silly, but i really can't see myself getting a B in history...it just ain't gonna happen!

I'm going to try not to worry about it too much until the day comes though. Theres nothing i can do about it now, just hope that Glasgow will accept me even if i don't get the required grades!

ReputationRep:
    I *think* i'd pretty much met my offer before the summer exams. I don't really know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    I *think* i'd pretty much met my offer before the summer exams. I don't really know.

:mad: :mad: :mad: *snarls*

ReputationRep:
    Since it's the sunday before results day, the uni's might start deciding on the Monday onwards (i.e. August 7th onwards).

In addition, UCAS track will be disabled too.

ReputationRep:
    I need ABB (inc an A in maths) but I reallly don't think I'm gonna make the grade in maths as I messed up my C3 exam, I would be (very!) surprised if I got didn't get a B in Economics and I'm really quite unsure about History. Even though I have just over an A from AS I mucked up 2 of the A2 exams (really really badly) possibly enough to drag my overall grade down to a C

ReputationRep:
    UCAS forward your results to the universities, so they'll know before you do.

I'm pretty sure I remember UCAS saying that UCAS Track will not be disabled.

ReputationRep:
    I need AB from AH Maths and Geography, and an A in Higher Modern Studies.
    My mod studs exam went pretty well, and there was only one essay I wasn't sure about so I think I made it
    Geography, I have no idea how my project was (never heard of another person doing a human geography project, nobody told me how it was really), and though my teacher said my essay was good, that was all really. I thought my exam was pretty poor though. I was predicted a high B/low A depending on how my project went, but I'm not sure. I would guess I'll get a B possibly
    Maths, failed my prelim, found the course really hard, struggling to the very end, difficult exam. I would hope the studying I did would get me a C, but that's still not going to make my offer

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.