Turn on thread page Beta

is this country in a mess??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This forum should be renamed Politics (Tories only)

ReputationRep:
    This forum should be renamed Politics (Tories only)
    should include labour as well you know

ReputationRep:
    I'm very happy with the way things are. This country is great and getting better. That's the reason I'm a Labour supporter, its not the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigdavevw)
    hi, i for one think this country is in a mess. lokk at all the people on the dole, some of them want to work but cant cos they are in awkward positions. some of them if they did work, would be worse off than they were on the dole.
    what ever happened to the brittish car industry??? it is slowly disapering, cos the tax is too fecking high on parts/ equipment so they have to put their prices up on products. upon doing this everyone realises that they can get a better car for cheaper frop abroad. mainly france.

look at rover, bust. couldn,t keep up with the trends. while vw and other popular car producers were making little hatch backs ( which everyone wanted) rover and other brittish car manufacturers were still churning out boring/ bland granny cars.

compare this country to any other country in the EU. we are driving french/german/japanese cars. while ther countrys drive their own cars. helping put the money back into the country.

the NHS wot a mess. waiting lists as long as your arm.

all the big companys are closing down/ going abroad cos they just cant cope.

one day this country "great" britain is going to come to its fu&king senses and realise what a state its in.
    i hope im around to see it. tho i prob wont be living in the u.k when it happens.

this country is in serious debt and all we can do is give our money away. dont get me wrong, there are some good causes out there. but shouldn,t we take care of out self,s rather than give millions/ billions to other countrys????

i am thankfull for everything i have and never take it for granted and feel sorry for anyone living in poverty. but one day we might end up in poverty ourself,s.

sorry if i sound rude/ arrogant, im not trying to sound like this.
    im just telling everyone my opinion.

i would like some views/ opinions on this if you please.
    thanx. dave :confused:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    This country is great and getting better.
    It's 5hite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    It's 5hite.
    You've convinced me. I'm voting Labour out.

ReputationRep:
    You've convinced me. I'm voting Labour out.
    Do you have to bring Labour into every conversation?

ReputationRep:
    Do you live here? If so, and this country is so bad, you could always leave...wait but then you'd have to be an immigrant in another country, and we all know how we british love to hate those immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiron)
    Do you live here? If so, and this country is so bad, you could always leave...
    I already did.

ReputationRep:
    .................wait but then you'd have to be an immigrant in another country, and we all know how we british love to hate those immigrants.
    Not all immigrants we don't.

ReputationRep:
    I already did.
    Where do you live? Do people hate you because you are an immigrant?

ReputationRep:
    Not all immigrants we don't.
    Woops, just the non-white ones eh?

ReputationRep:
    Labour was mentioned 6 times on page 1, before I entered the conversation.

They are also the party of government, and hence responsible for most of the aspects of UK life being debated.

I think its pretty relevant.

ReputationRep:
    If you already left what are you complaining about?

ReputationRep:
    Where do you live? Do people hate you because you are an immigrant?
    No. They love me because I'm exactly the sort of immigrant that is highly valued; very skilled (I emigrated on a special skills visa), highly qualified (three degrees and a string of professional qualifications), fluent in the language, a high earner (so paying lots of taxes), and unwanting of any state support. In short, a net contributor to my host society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    If you already left what are you complaining about?
    I'm not. I'm still allowed to forward an opinion aren't I? The post does include a question "Is this country a mess"? Am I disqualified from answering?

ReputationRep:
    Woops, just the non-white ones eh?
    Oh, here we go...time to piss our panties again....See post 35.

ReputationRep:
    No. They love me because I'm exactly the sort of immigrant that is highly valued; very skilled (I emigrated on a special skills visa), highly qualified (three degrees and a string of professional qualifications), fluent in the language, a high earner (so paying lots of taxes), and unwanting of any state support. In short, a net contributor to my host society.
    Ohh well at least you can admit that there are different kinds of immigrants. Where do you live, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, here we go...time to piss our panties again....See post 35.
    Relax, just being irreverent.

ReputationRep:
    Labour was mentioned 6 times on page 1, before I entered the conversation.

They are also the party of government, and hence responsible for most of the aspects of UK life being debated.

I think its pretty relevant.
    From what I've observed of your posts I think you'd think it relevant to mention the Labour party during a discussion on just about anything.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.