The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
try learning stairway to heaven, thats a classic acoustic song
Reply 21
cheers for all the tips, keep em coming.... :biggrin:
Guns n roses sweet child o mine, I think every beginner learns that riff :biggrin:
talk tonight by oasis was one of the first songs i learnt it's pretty easy 5 or 6 chords easy strumming pattern and the chord change are all very simple. Otherwise radiohead - fake plastic trees is fairly easy
Reply 24
one thing ive noticed about the net is that some songs have many variations and i cant be arsed to try them all...
as a player myself i have a wide variety of suggestions.

If you wanna go in head first I suggest CLASSICAL GAS, i think its by Mark Williams, though a well known cover by Eric Clapton exists. I warn you though, its very very tricky.

For a new player, anything by the whitestripes makes good learning. You could the solos in Harmonic Generator (the datsuns) and they will help.

The kings of Leon have some dcent east tracks offof Youth and Young manhood. Try these tracks. The ones off Aha Shake Heartbreak are harder so try them later.

Incubus have some wonderful licks and tricks that you can pick up on. For a challange try Drive and Mexico.

Oh and good tab sites are mxtabs.net and olga.net

Thats all for now
Reply 26
MattG
greenday (time of your life is very easy) or oasis are good I found. my peak was paranoid android, the 16 chord "come down...come down (or whatever it is) was a b*t*h tho!

can u play the johnny greenwood solo at the end of the song (paranoid android) , its so hard, it took me a week to perfect it. What guitar u got?
Reply 27
smashing pumpkins today, that was my first song i learnt to play.

Latest

Trending

Trending