Turn on thread page Beta

Nice restaurants that you've been to lately watch

ReputationRep:
    Frankie & Benny's!! It's this weird 50's American restaurant thing but yeah it's pretty good. Took a pic while in there, you can only see a bit of it there though but you get the picture:

http://213.106.38.197/fb.jpg

ReputationRep:
    burger king all the way.

ReputationRep:
    it was a curey house in West Wickham, Beomley

diwana was the name. Its lovely in there. Cosy and nice service. nice prices too...

ReputationRep:
    Pizza Express in York. The best resturant chain around, and York's is the best restaurant of the chain.

ReputationRep:
    Viscounts in Dungannon (Co. Tyrone) in Northern Ireland is brilliant. Its was an 18th century church that has been restored. It has a medievil (sp!) theme, with swords, etc. Food is brilliant, i go there at least once a month.

ReputationRep:
    if u like indian food u MUST go to Balbir's...which used to be in glasgow but i think they moved it to a bigger premises near ayr. it has no menu...the owner just asks you what meat/veggies you like hot/mild etc and they make stuff up to suit you. its amazing. i only wished i lived in scotland lol

ReputationRep:
    The Aagrah chain of indian restaurants round here are really good. There's about 8 of them in Yorkshire, and they serve gorgeous Indian food and its pretty cheap (I've had good meals there for £10 including drinks).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Pizza Express in York. The best resturant chain around, and York's is the best restaurant of the chain.
    Heh I remember when I went to England in 2002 and one of my cousins took me there, and I thought it was like Dominos (coz of the name - well it didn't sound posh :eek: ) and I wore some trackpants

I looked good anyway, but still :mad: They could've told me it wasn't the local Pizza Hut

ReputationRep:
    Going out to a Spanish restaurant this w/e with some friends :p:

I've had it before tho, lol I'm typical Melbournian fine-diner Going to posh places, dressing up for the occasion - wouldn't have it any other way

I'm particularly digging Mediterranean food atm, like Greek mmm souvalaki

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    I went to a lovely Indian restaurant just over a week ago. Huge portions, we ate outside in the sun, and very good prices. It tasted amazing too.

Unfortunately for me, it's in Berlin. Damn.

(Just off Bergmannstrasse if anyone's gonna be visiting, heh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Frankie & Benny's!! It's this weird 50's American restaurant thing but yeah it's pretty good. Took a pic while in there, you can only see a bit of it there though but you get the picture:

Ooh, I do quite like Frankie and Benny's, but it's overpriced.

I do like Zizzi's too, if only for the Honeycomb cheesecake.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Is Pizza Express in York in the building right next to the (Lendall) bridge? Or is it in the building a bit round the corner from there, nearer the Minster with the huge columns out the front of the building?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    The best place I've been to eat for a while was Kennedy's in York (I think that'sthe name).

We were ging to go to -O scar's Wine Bar and Bistro, but that was way way too crouded, so we walked a bit further down the street and found this place called Keneedy's.

Inside it was really nice and cool, just what you need when the day is really hot and sunny and you are swealtering.

There was great air conditioning and subtle lighting making it feel perfect.

We ate up stairs. They have a roof terrace, though we sat on a table just inside the doors.

The menu was very good, a very wide selction of different types of food and meals from all different places. The portions were good sized, the service exceleltn and the quality very high.

They had a lovely Belgian waffel with maple syrup, cream and ice cream. Superb

ReputationRep:
    I almost went to the Pizza Express in York the other day, when I was up there with a friend. They all rock - the one in Oxford is one of the few places that can do a non-cheese pizza and make it taste gorgeous.

Luigi's and The Vineyard in Northampton are *awesome*. Fantastically good food, the former very cheap, the latter a great place for a special occasion.

The Lemon Tree in Oxford is another good place. Relatively expensive but well worth it, and the entrance is magical

I went to a Yo Sushi bar the other day, having wanted to try Sashimi but never had a chance, and was impressed. Very expensive for what it was, I must try a 'proper' sushi restaurant sometime, but enjoyable.

Best restaurant I've ever eaten in - La Casalinga, Florence. It's incredibly cheap (like £2 for a starter, £5 for most main dishes, in an expensive city) but it's fantastic. Homecooked Tuscan style, but with some lovely twists. The wild boar papadelle - thick tagliatelli - was amazing and the Bistecca au Fiorentina was about as good as it can be.

*loves Italy*

ReputationRep:
    pizza hut in queensway wasnt too bad

ReputationRep:
    My favourite restaurant is just down the road from where i live. Its called Truffles and is really nice but really expensive. I doubt many people go there mainly becuase of the price and mainly because people don't know it exists, in a small town in Somerset. Also the Stage Deli and Restaurant, Times Square, New York.

ReputationRep:
    oxo tower, rock garden, the ivy and alunak in london.

ReputationRep:
    I went to the Mango Tree in London yesturday for Lunch. It was quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)

We've got one of those in MK- It's alright, not too bad but I much prefer non-chain restuarants! Sadly, we have hardly any of those in MK

ReputationRep:
    Smith and Western

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.