el criollo
    newark, new jersey

french:
    frier jacques
    manhattan

mexican:
    anywhere in texas

ReputationRep:
    Churrascos, Houston, TX. Best steak I've ever tasted (and I've been to some great steak houses). :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Opium Den & Sojo at Oxford... the ones I've been to recently.

Avoid the pub called Chequers- total waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitriol01)
    Churrascos, Houston, TX. Best steak I've ever tasted (and I've been to some great steak houses). :cool:
    Lynns Steak house in houston, tx is better. But nothing beats Peter Lugers.

ReputationRep:
    Bistro 1 is lovely in Soho, London.

3 courses for 9.95

I know it sounds dodgy but its actually just a really good cheap yummy resturant

ReputationRep:
    maze (gordon ramsey) - grosvenor sq, london.

really really amazing restuarant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    Danni, do you have Nandos in Australia then? Great thread btw, I love restaurants and food! Pity I only discovered it today...
    Nah, but we have similar restaurants. "Taj Agra" is prolly our version. The odd thing is, the last time I went out to dinner with the girls at an Indian restaurant, it was my Welsh friend who suggested the idea :rolleyes:

A good night was still had by all tho!

Restaurants and good food rule :p: totally agree with you 4Ed :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    Italian food is the best! :p:
    Seriously - in Italy there are cheap and expensive restaurants, but the quality is always good whatever the price (so just go for the cheap ones ).

Ed is right though - it's best to make your own pizzas (psst... ed, you need soem backing power there too or some yeast and stuff like that, otherwise your pizza base will not be edible - some olive oil can't hurt either :p: )
    Adarah one of my good friends from uni said that she went to Italy last year in the holidays, and b/c the food was so good, she's really critical of any 'Italian' restaurants over here in Australia! It's quite amusing. She's always like 'this is soo not proper Italian food? :rolleyes: ' and etc. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard)
    this Spanish restaurant called Encasa..so if you're ever in Sydney...drop by it at 423 Pitt St. Danni..the food is amazing..and quite affordable! A must is the shrimp in alioli sauce or something..this garlic based thing...very nice
    Aww, thanks leopard baby!

Will defo keep that in mind, my friends and I are thinking about heading to Sydney towards the end of this year, we're going on a road trip! :p:

So apart from meeting you I guess we'll also check out the restaurant talent *depending on how much I've saved up too* :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You can't beat Frankie and Benny's!

ReputationRep:
    Around christmas time last year, i went to this 5* restaraunt in London called 'Quaglino's' Oh my God it was amazing! it was really posh and exclusive and the food was amazing, and the presentation was even better!
    My mum went to a new celebrity japanese restaraunt in London 2 night agos and said she hadn't tasted anything like that in years, it's called 'naboo' and the owner has another 18 restaraunts world wide with his own private jet and he works with Robert De Niro! She said it was amazing, and embarrisingly, she went with 2 of my aunties, and one of the got a bit tipsy! I mean, when do you get pissed in a top class restaraunt - how common can you get lol!

ReputationRep:
    the wok and spice, st monans, east fife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEAD BOY)
    Around christmas time last year, i went to this 5* restaraunt in London called 'Quaglino's' Oh my God it was amazing! it was really posh and exclusive and the food was amazing, and the presentation was even better!
    My mum went to a new celebrity japanese restaraunt in London 2 night agos and said she hadn't tasted anything like that in years, it's called 'naboo' and the owner has another 18 restaraunts world wide with his own private jet and he works with Robert De Niro! She said it was amazing, and embarrisingly, she went with 2 of my aunties, and one of the got a bit tipsy! I mean, when do you get pissed in a top class restaraunt - how common can you get lol!
    Do you mean 'Nobo'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    What are some fab restaurants/types of food that you've tried lately?

I went to an Austrian restaurant with some friends the other night and it was surprisingly good. Also this thread doesn't have to just be about dinner, it can include breakfast, lunch, or even coffee hehe. For instance some cafes can do great brekkies
    i went to The Wok House in Stockholm last week. it was chinese. good.

ReputationRep:
    Few weeks ago I went to a restaurant in a little street in Lyon, it was cheap and really good
    If ever you get the chance to go to Lyon (France) check out some of the restaurants they call "Bouchons Lyonnais"

P.S: Salade Lyonnaise is really good, I recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Do you mean 'Nobo'?
    nobu is what its called i think ull find...

my friend just started waitressing there; how cool?! alas she doesnt get free sushi... but apparently the tips are amazing.

how she got the job seeing as she had no waitressing experience whatsoever is beyond me tho :rolleyes: she does have loads of other stuff on the other hand..

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.