Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I am so tempted to risk it and apply go for halls, but the fact of the matter is it just doesn't seem reasonable to spend most if not all of my loan on accomodation.
    I have an offer to read law (you can probably tell from the name), and i want to know which self-catering halls are closest to the university park campus where the law faculty is based, and how close.
    What are the pros and con, if any of staying is self catering as opposed to halls.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Broadgate are probably closest, but Raleigh Park much nicer and there's a hopper bus every 20 mins or so

ReputationRep:
    i heard raleigh park isnt in the greatest part of nottingham, a little dangerous and has no real security or CCTV?

am i misinformed?

ReputationRep:
    hmm, it's location isn't the best, but I didn't encounter any problems.
    Well, it's on the Radford side of Lenton - Radford isnt the nicest of places (drugs/shootings).

Raleigh Park is actually incredibly secure really. The flats and houses are in a 'courtyard' arrangement with the car park in the middle. You need a swipe car to open the security gates. There are also 'bars' on all the ground floor windows (don't worry, it's not like a prison!!!!)

The only break in I know about was when someone left their ground floor window open (properly open) so someone helped themselves to the persons computer...

There's also 'security' patrolling the area. There's also CCTV.

This all makes it sound really dodgy, but I can assure you it's OK.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.