Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just picked up quite a bit of weed and i must say not much is better than sitting in your garden smoking a few joints with your mates; i personally think its a lot less dangerous than alcohol and has a more pacifying effect on you whereas alcohol makes you aggressive, does anyone agree that it should be legalised or am i just some radical pothead in the middle of a dream ? :P :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    You're stupid.

ReputationRep:
    i absolutely despise the stuf. it spell disgusting and makes me want to be sick. when people spoke it on the bus's i have to resist the urge to slap them and just go with telling the bus driver insted.. either that or the people who clean the bus's can have the fun of cleaning up my sick.

i think you get how i feel about the stuf. but then i rarely drink either. at most i'll have a jack daniels and coke on a night out.

why people feel the need to smoke or drink is totaly beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    If i smoke it in the garden with my mates, its better and cheaper than alcohol. We dont fight, we laugh and have a good time. Like you said alcohol makes you aggressive.

Weed is goood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Constantine)
    If i smoke it in the garden with my mates, its better and cheaper than alcohol. We dont fight, we laugh and have a good time. Like you said alcohol makes you aggressive.

Weed is goood.
    alchohol doesn't make every one agressive. and i have seen people become aggressive whilst smoking weed.

different stimulent affect different people in different ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeah)
    Just picked up quite a bit of weed and i must say not much is better than sitting in your garden smoking a few joints with your mates; i personally think its a lot less dangerous than alcohol and has a more pacifying effect on you whereas alcohol makes you aggressive, does anyone agree that it should be legalised or am i just some radical pothead in the middle of a dream ? :P :tsr:
    Well, while I wouldn't be as extreme as Billistic, I do disagree here. Yes, alcohol is dangerous and makes you aggressive, yet as long as you drink in moderation it can have no adverse effects. I know the counter-argument here is "no-one drinks in moderation", but many people do, believe it or not (yes, that does inclde me. One of the reasons I don't have a girlfriend - never got drunk enough to overcome my lack of self-confidence and ask someone). Similarly, alcohol is *less* addictive than weed, not to mention easier to come by, and you have a lesser risk of a police raid . I agree that it can be more dangerous, but the moderation which you take must be taken into account as well. Personnaly, I think it shouldn't be legalised, but then I'm for a ban on smoking as well, so my views on drugs* might be a bit radical :p:.

Anyway, feel free to argue against me. Just don't hurt me!

-Saruman

*Except for alcohol (which should have tighter controls) and caffiene, which I love (coffee!!!)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    alcohol >>>> weed

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with everyone except weed. Before I start, I am NOT CONDONING THE USE OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES (otherwise the 2 minutes I spend typing this out will be wasted when the thead gets deleted :rolleyes: )

Alcohol, in general, makes people far more likely to move about and commit crime. I was speaking to a police officer the other day (whilst I was in handcuffs...the joys of doing absolutely NOTHING in Streatham :rollryres: ) and she said she arrests far more people for criminal offences whilst drunk than stoned!

But far more people drink than get stoned.

Not in streatham. I walked to my friend's house the other day and walked past 2 people smoking joints walking down a resedential road. Thats a 15 minute walk.

Getting stoned makes you lazy, of anything.

The laws regarding drugs in this country are a hypocritical mess.

ReputationRep:
    used to do weed but then i realised that the people i hung around with who had been doin it for a few years were becoming schizo jerks. shouldn't be legalised. plus all my stoner friends talk about "that spliff yesterday" ALL THE BLOODY TIME!!! its an obsession, plus it played with my mate's heart so he had to go to hospital.
    as for alcohol, ive never seen anyone not wearing burberry fight when drunk. i was sick last friday night and i didnt hit anyone. :eek:

PS. im all for a ban on smoking ciggarettes too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruman)
    Similarly, alcohol is *less* addictive than weed, not to mention easier to come by, and you have a lesser risk of a police raid .
    These are the only arguments I could find in your post, and frankly they don't stand up to scrutiny. Weed is non-addictive, where as alcohol patently is. Perhaps most stoners smoke more than drinkers drink, but that is different from addiction, merely a consequence of the fact that they are different drugs with different usage patterns.
    Your second and third arguments are purely consequences of the fact that weed is illegal, and as such are really arguments for legalisation.

I agree with Phonicsdude, the drugs laws are a mess. And for 99.9% of the population, the only thing weed will do is make you lazy.

ReputationRep:
    when people start selling there stuf in order just to get stoned and only want to get stoned.. and as some of the people i once used to hang around with "were gagging for it" i think there is something thre that makes people want to continue you doing it over and over.

other wise why would you sell your stuf in order to get stoned.

and the crap they mix it with now a days does actualy make it bad for you, like normal smoking.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see why you shouldnt be able to do harm to yourself as long as it doesnt impact on others.

I am totally against the legalisation of drugs like Cocaine, because they are physically addictive, and often lead to burglary etc to fund habits.

In smoking weed/hash all you are doing is harming yourself.

So who foots the bill on the NHS? Well, that is an interesting question, but not one the government can use, seeing as tobacco (the addictive component of a joint) and alcohol are legal.

I dont think weed would cause that many extra people to end up in hospital anyway.

ReputationRep:
    four times as much tar in a spliff than in a ciggarette... though most people smoke less than 1/4 the amount of spliffs as someone would smoke ciggarettes. still its bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alewhey)
    These are the only arguments I could find in your post, and frankly they don't stand up to scrutiny. Weed is non-addictive, where as alcohol patently is. Perhaps most stoners smoke more than drinkers drink, but that is different from addiction, merely a consequence of the fact that they are different drugs with different usage patterns.
    Your second and third arguments are purely consequences of the fact that weed is illegal, and as such are really arguments for legalisation.

I agree with Phonicsdude, the drugs laws are a mess. And for 99.9% of the population, the only thing weed will do is make you lazy.
    Yeah, it wasn't a particuarly good argument was it? I'll start again:

So, weed is non-addictive. It's still a drug that can harm you and those around you, not to mention the possibility of ruining your life (yes, like alcohol :p: ). It should not be legal as otherwise it will be easy to get hold of, so more people take it, and at a younger age. And yes, the drug laws are a mess in this country. But, so are most laws . I'm with telecastro_59 here - potent drugs (class C/B/A) are all a menace really, and should be banned.

Yeah, that argument was cr**py as well . I'm leaving this thread now.... *moves to academic discussion*

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billistic)
    You're stupid.
    a well formed, stinging argument that grabs me why the scruff of my soul and makes me want to evaluate my whole existence.

ReputationRep:
    I think most things are ok in moderation. I dislike someone who drinks to excess and starts getting aggressive just as much as I dislike people who smoke weed to excess and can't function normally because of it. Also, I don't see why people have a problem with the original poster smoking a bit of weed in his own garden, his own personal space, and harming no one else. I doubt they would have the same problem with a person drinking a couple of glasses of wine in their garden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by telecastro_59)
    four times as much tar in a spliff than in a ciggarette... though most people smoke less than 1/4 the amount of spliffs as someone would smoke ciggarettes. still its bad!
    Even the most hardcore smokers would have the equivalent of about 5 joints a day (20 joints between 4... :eek: ).
    And they wouldnt be able to keep that up long.

And those who dosmoke to excess should be treated in the same way as someone with a 20 a day cig habit. Or anyone who goes out to get wasted and nothing else.

The problem most people have with weed is that people will smoke it with the sole intention of getting intoxicated. Well the amount of so called "binge drinkers" there are on our streets on a friday and saturday night, goes to show that the same is true of alcohol.

By legalising and carefully regulating weed, you undermine the dealers, and know how much is being sold. You can also tax it. And hence make money to spend on the weed smokers' NHS bill (to answer my earlier point)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeah)
    a well formed, stinging argument that grabs me why the scruff of my soul and makes me want to evaluate my whole existence.
    you mad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    I think most things are ok in moderation. I dislike someone who drinks to excess and starts getting aggressive just as much as I dislike people who smoke weed to excess and can't function normally because of it. Also, I don't see why people have a problem with the original poster smoking a bit of weed in his own garden, his own personal space, and harming no one else. I doubt they would have the same problem with a person drinking a couple of glasses of wine in their garden.
    this isnt to do with smoking. are you in the SOAD society? its in the entertainment then music forum.
    PS. weed shouldnt be legalised cuz it causes memory loss and reduced brain activity

ReputationRep:
    If people want to be stupid and risk their health with weed, then they should be allowed to do so away from everyone else.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.