Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have been to connexions yesterday and was shown modern apprenticeships, advanced modern apprenticeships and professional modern apprenticeships.

From what I can work out an advanced modern apprenticeship is the next step up (if you can, good enough etc.) from a standard modern apprenticeship.

Anyways I had a look at the professional modern apprenticeships and they seemed more interesting, more like me, but it was just a list with a sentance on what each was and what category it fell under (e.g. job title- assistant hotel manager description- day-to day dealings of hotel caterory- hospitality & tourism) <- not really that useful.

Does anyone know about the professional modern apprenticeships? Anybody on one/ done one, know what they are like, more info etc.

^ I'm thinking of either an assistant hotel manager (although the unsociable hours (assuming) is putting me off) or some sort of a surveryor, probably a quantity surveryor.

Also do they expect you to gain a degree at the end of, anytime through it? I really do not want to go to uni at all.

ps I've done my A-levels, predicted fairly good grades, so I have little problems academically about getting onto the professional modern apprenticeships.

ReputationRep:
    I went to connexions 2 days ago, got told about the proffessional ones. i want to do one in accountancy, you can also do them in management, insurance and enginerring i think. Sending the form off later, they sound great. Its an alternitive to university, you get loads of goof qualifications, I think theres day releases, but you work aswell and no fees etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma155)
    I went to connexions 2 days ago, got told about the proffessional ones. i want to do one in accountancy, you can also do them in management, insurance and enginerring i think. Sending the form off later, they sound great. Its an alternitive to university, you get loads of goof qualifications, I think theres day releases, but you work aswell and no fees etc.
    Sounds like a real alternative to uni, whilst still being able to earn big $ one day. Do you know how much they pay, do they tell you that? I have another interview next thursday and I'm going to apply then. I'm thinking of doing a surveying professional apprenticeship, can't decide whether to do quantity or chartered.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.