Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My firm choice is Newcastle, for Bsc Geography.. Just looking on the newcastle website and i saw Geography with surveying and mapping science, which i think looks quite good, and it does have a typical lower entry requirement.. Is there anyway of changing my course?? i know there proably isnt, or should i just wait until results day and if i have to resort to begging i should just ask if they have any places?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    hehe looks like you're just looking for a way to get in with lower grades, are you sure you want to change course? or is this just a compromise because you're worried about exam results?

anyway if you do want to change, you can call up the admissions tutor and explain your situation. I'm planning on going to newcastle as well, and i recieved a long list of phone numbers for admissions assistants for specific subjects, so i'm assuming you have this list too. If you can't find the number, let me know and i'll get it for you.

ReputationRep:
    Check if that course was on the clearing list last year, if so and you don't get the grades its quite likely they will offer you a place on that course anyway if your firm choice is full.

ReputationRep:
    yeh ive got it.. im thinking i will just leave it.. the course does look interesting but i am happy with the course i have chosen.. im just kinda bouncing ideas around cos i really wanna go to newcastle

ReputationRep:
    I understand completely, i've thought about doing the same thing myself

ReputationRep:
    If the Geography with surveying and mapping science course has common modules with Geography in the first year, you could transfer to the second year if you don't get to change to the new course.

ReputationRep:
    yea thats a good idea. i will have to look into that. thanks trev

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vicky600)
    yea thats a good idea. i will have to look into that. thanks trev
    You're welcome. Obviously, call the university to see if they let you change to that new course. I also find it quite interesting when reading the course content just now for that new course.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, it would give more skills i think.. but i think just the normal degree offers modules about GIS, so they may offer others...

ReputationRep:
    that 2nd course has places for extra...so if it stays like that i might be lucky if dnt get firm course

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    It is possible to change your course if it is at the same uni as i changed mine yesterday, it was very easy and took all of about 2minutes. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    oh thanks... im thinkin i might keep my original choice.......... but i think if i did change, the new course doesnt require a disertation?? yeh at the same uni... i will have a think ! thanks ,x

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.