Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    in fact the UK healthcare system ranks as low as some 3rd world countries
    Australia isn't that good either, not as good as Iraq's was. One reason why I refuse to get sick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Australia isn't that good either, not as good as Iraq's was. One reason why I refuse to get sick
    Might meet up some fit nurses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    George Bush shouldn't even be the leader. Never forget that.

Have you noticed that the people who say these kind of things, voted for al gore? Maybe if you just sat back for a moment, you would realise, GEORGE BUSH IS PRESIDENT, HE WON THE ELECTIONS. Y do some people say it was a fas? Because they didn't want him to win, but hadn't you noticed, there are plenty out there who dis want him 2 win, because they voted 4 him. So obviously the no of people who voted 4 him out numbered the ones who wanted al gore to win, and bush won the eection, fair and square!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Liberated? Liberation requires some degree of success, and the invasion of Iraq is yet to be anything near that.

Didn't you see the jubilation, happiness on the iraqis faces wen saddam was captured? They know they are free! They do not have the fear anymore that he may come back. That was what was imprisoning them and now it is gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    Have you noticed that the people who say these kind of things, voted for al gore? Maybe if you just sat back for a moment, you would realise, GEORGE BUSH IS PRESIDENT, HE WON THE ELECTIONS. Y do some people say it was a fas? Because they didn't want him to win, but hadn't you noticed, there are plenty out there who dis want him 2 win, because they voted 4 him. So obviously the no of people who voted 4 him out numbered the ones who wanted al gore to win, and bush won the eection, fair and square!
    No this is the kind of knowledge we get form ill informed people,

Al gore won the elections by vote number

However before the results were released Bush was elected, and you can't un elect a president.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    Al Gore got more votes in total, and even got more votes in the College system. In the key state, Florida, Bush won through his connections. If you read up on the subject, you will be shocked at the number of laws that were broked.
    George Bush is illegally in the White House.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    yes, but now america owns another oil field

so? it is better than the money going to saddam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    Didn't you see the jubilation, happiness on the iraqis faces wen saddam was captured? They know they are free! They do not have the fear anymore that he may come back. That was what was imprisoning them and now it is gone.
    Yes, but many more complained and demonstrated about americas occupation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    True, very true. But you're forgetting one very important thing. To have voted, you must be an American citizen, and thus must be as thick as two bricks, unable to organise a root in a brothel. It is a prerequisite for electing some of the dumbest men of all time into the most powerful position in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    so? it is better than the money going to saddam.
    what? America owns another oil field, and you complain that the war wasnt for oil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    what? America owns another oil field, and you complain that the war wasnt for oil.
    The war was about greed and ego, just as 2776 states. Anyone care to disagree, please come up with more than a bit of here say and conjecture. I'll gladly win this argument all night long, especially with 2776 around, simply makes my arguments stronger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Let me guess, you're one of those people that believe all the propaganda about Iraq being sooo third world right? Granted Iraq wasn't the best, but in some areas of life, it was a lot better than most.
    That's not true. Your assuming things about me that you know nothing about.

But anyway: Yes, Iraq was a developed country before the war against Iran and yes, perhaps health-care was good in some areas (though I still struggle to believe it was among the 5 best in the world). But, it certainly wasn't that good in Kurdistan for example.

Saying that Iraq under Saddam was actually quite a nice place to live before the Americans spoiled it all reminds me of some Germans who remember Nazi Germany during the 1930's as "The Golden Age". Life was quite good back then (that is if you were a healthy Aryan), but at what cost?

Iraq may have had a good health-care system for the few Sunni who happened to be accepted by Saddam. But if you look at the health-care the average Iraqi received I can't believe it was that good, unless you produce evidence that proves me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yes, but many more complained and demonstrated about americas occupation

In england and america they did. nut have all those demonstrters been to iraq and asked the people what they think? When saddam fell from power the majority of the iraqi people celebrated, as they said onthe news, they was a extremely small minority who were unhappy at his downfall. It was better for the people that saddam fell from power, he could not scare them, dominate over them or hurt them anymore.

ReputationRep:
    ooh I just hit 800 posts, only a few more to go until I become an OinL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    In england and america they did. nut have all those demonstrters been to iraq and asked the people what they think? When saddam fell from power the majority of the iraqi people celebrated, as they said onthe news, they was a extremely small minority who were unhappy at his downfall. It was better for the people that saddam fell from power, he could not scare them, dominate over them or hurt them anymore.
    Yeah... now the get to suffer the American ideals. Let us see just how many are happy when America doesn't want to know anything about its little mistake and turns its back on Iraq

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    True, very true. But you're forgetting one very important thing. To have voted, you must be an American citizen, and thus must be as thick as two bricks, unable to organise a root in a brothel. It is a prerequisite for electing some of the dumbest men of all time into the most powerful position in the world.
    How do you expect to "win arguments all night" if you talk like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    as they said onthe news,
    As we see here a person who believes the news, but doesnt think for himself. We believed the news when we heard that Iraq could launch bio/chem missiles unto the UK/US in 45 minutes.

BTW good one sire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    Yes, soem were happy, but more were unhappy with americas occupation. They have demonstrations every night. Do they report that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Al Gore got more votes in total, and even got more votes in the College system. In the key state, Florida, Bush won through his connections. If you read up on the subject, you will be shocked at the number of laws that were broked.
    George Bush is illegally in the White House.
    So was Kennedy by the way, but that doesn't seem to bother anyone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    How do you expect to "win arguments all night" if you talk like that?
    Force of habit really, I only lose when I begin to learn off someone instead of teaching them.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.