Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by 2776)
    Yes, soem were happy, but more were unhappy with americas occupation.
    This is not true.

BAGHDAD, Iraq, Sept. 24 (UPI) -- Nearly two-thirds of Baghdad residents say the removal of Saddam Hussein was worth the hardships they have endured, a report said Wednesday.

Despite the collapse of government and civic institutions, looting and violence and shortages of water and electricity, 67 percent of 1,178 Iraqis told a Gallup survey team within five years, their lives will be better than before the U.S.-led invasion.

Only 8 percent of those queried said they believed their lives would be worse off as a result of the military campaign to remove Saddam and his Baath Party leadership, the New York Times reported.

The survey, which was conducted in late August and early September, cut across the ethnically diverse landscape of the capital.

The results revealed Iraqis in the capital still maintain a great deal of skepticism about the motives of the United States and Britain.

Residents said they hold France and its president, Jacques Chirac, in higher regard than President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...0344-5035r.htm

I think, this is the only poll that has been conducted in Iraq so far and I would have thought that support would be even higher in the rest of the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    That Bush illegally came to power through;

1) Banning of normal people without a criminal record, from voting. (because they represented a close match to known felons)

2) The counting of undated, unsigned, and post-dated military votes

3) The stopping of recounts by the supreme court as it looked like Gore was going to sneak them.

I could go into much more detail, but this is sufficient for now.
    do you really honestly think that? because gore was the one who didnt want military votes counted! and bush couldn't ban anyone, for one thing, he wasn't president yet and didnt have that power.....everything that happened happened under the US constitution, ive had to read, memorize it, study it, and so i kno that what happened was legal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yes, so did Hitler. That doesnt make it correct.
    one question, do you live in america?

sorry but i had to ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    This is not true.

BAGHDAD, Iraq, Sept. 24 (UPI) -- Nearly two-thirds of Baghdad residents say the removal of Saddam Hussein was worth the hardships they have endured, a report said Wednesday.

Despite the collapse of government and civic institutions, looting and violence and shortages of water and electricity, 67 percent of 1,178 Iraqis told a Gallup survey team within five years, their lives will be better than before the U.S.-led invasion.

Only 8 percent of those queried said they believed their lives would be worse off as a result of the military campaign to remove Saddam and his Baath Party leadership, the New York Times reported.

The survey, which was conducted in late August and early September, cut across the ethnically diverse landscape of the capital.

The results revealed Iraqis in the capital still maintain a great deal of skepticism about the motives of the United States and Britain.

Residents said they hold France and its president, Jacques Chirac, in higher regard than President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...0344-5035r.htm

I think, this is the only poll that has been conducted in Iraq so far and I would have thought that support would be even higher in the rest of the country.

This is what is called statistically weak. 1000 people is not enough, even a medical trial uses about 3000+.

and proves my point, the iraquis sees Bush as a baboon.

ReputationRep:
    Bush is almost as stupid as Hitler, and certainly thinks very much like him. I wonder just how far he would go if he could. And does anyone else think he looks like some kid taking in the sights whenever he appears on TV? I'm actually serious here, he just doesn't have that face that you would expect from someone of such power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    one question, do you live in america?

sorry but i had to ask!
    no, but neither was Hitler, he was austrian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    This is what is called statistically weak. 1000 people is not enough, even a medical trial uses about 3000+.

and proves my point, the iraquis sees Bush as a baboon.
    i dont think baboon is QUITE the right word; id take bush over saddam every day.........at least bush doesnt torture his own people!

ReputationRep:
    i dont think baboon is QUITE the right word; id take bush over saddam every day.........at least bush doesnt torture his own people!
    yes but you dont live in iraq.

(Original post by 2776)
    lol

ReputationRep:
    the lesser of 2 evils. But still evil none the less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    :rolleyes: i wasnt talking about hitler; i was just wondering if you were american thats all! i thought if you were an american youd be from the bay area :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    lol
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Also mate, be aware we have segematation as well. We pay for our healthcare, if you cant afford it then tough. You'll be stuck with 2nd rate care.
    Ok, I accept your point that Iraq had good health-care before the Iran War. But you seem to argue that it is America's fault that that's not the case anymore.

However, it was first and foremost Saddam who ruined his country.

As for the sanctions they were UN imposed and the fact they lasted for so long is down to the French and Russians who were trying to avoid more drastic action that would have resolved the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    the lesser of 2 evils. But still evil none the less.
    bush isnt evil hes just stupid; nit that i particularly LIKE the man i just don't think he's about to kill the worlds population of arabs

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: i wasnt talking about hitler; i was just wondering if you were american thats all! i thought if you were an american youd be from the bay area :rolleyes:
    I know that. I was simply stating a fact. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    bush isnt evil hes just stupid; nit that i particularly LIKE the man i just don't think he's about to kill the worlds population of arabs
    *NOT

1050 posts *does a happy dance*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    Ok, I accept your point that Iraq had good health-care before the Iran War. But you seem to argue that it is America's fault that that's not the case anymore.

However, it was first and foremost Saddam who ruined his country.

As for the sanctions they were UN imposed and the fact they lasted for so long is down to the French and Russians who were trying to avoid more drastic action that would have resolved the situation.
    Yes I accept that it was saddam's fault. Still doesnt excuse Americas actions

(Original post by Sire)
    Bush is almost as stupid as Hitler
    Hitler was very intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    do you really honestly think that? because gore was the one who didnt want military votes counted! and bush couldn't ban anyone, for one thing, he wasn't president yet and didnt have that power.....everything that happened happened under the US constitution, ive had to read, memorize it, study it, and so i kno that what happened was legal!
    It really wasn't.

True, Gore wasn't keen on the military votes being counted due to traditionally strong Republican support. However, many illegal votes (i.e. those that were not correctly filled out) were counted (in traditionally Republican areas).

344 ballots had no evidence that they were cast before election day.
    183 ballots were postmarked in the US.
    96 ballots lacked appropriate witness info.
    169 ballots came from unregistered voters, had incorrectly signed envelopes, or came from people who hadn't requested a ballot.
    5 ballots came after the Nov 17th deadline.

Bush didn't ban the voters, Katherine Harris (Dubya campaign cochairwoman and Florida secretary of State, in charge of elections) did.

ReputationRep:
    *NOT

1050 posts *does a happy dance*
    1241 posts

The funkmeister is here:
    *does the funk dance*

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.