Turn on thread page Beta
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    or he is just leet
    l337 sp33k
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    WHAT ARE YOU WANTING HUST TELL ME, WHAT LINKS???????????????/
    Links to the threads where you supposedly give the arguments you claim not to have the time to give now.

    2776: 1337 hacksaw
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    or he is just leet
    rofwl

    im on 4 ichats
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    2776: 1337 hacksaw
    i'll r0x0r y0r b0x0r. HACKER!!! n00bs. etc
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    Links to the threads where you supposedly give the arguments you claim not to have the time to give now.
    Hey, if i give you my sources, they will be in danger, so i can not.
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    Links to the threads where you supposedly give the arguments you claim not to have the time to give now.
    Or if you r really interested, search for them.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Or if you r really interested, search for them.
    Time to change the topic I think
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Or if you r really interested, search for them.
    alrighty then.......
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Or if you r really interested, search for them.
    I still don't get why I should look for YOUR arguments.

    We were having a good little debate until you suddenly refused to back up your claims. We can't have a good discussion if we are not willing to back up what we say.

    I happen to have a mixed view on the war in Iraq. cf http://www.uk-learning.net/showthrea...860#post180860

    You obviously have found a very definite stance on this complex issue. I'm just trying to find out whether you're views are justified, in which case I should adopt them, or whether they are not valid. By asking questions I'm just testing the logical coherence of your statements.

    If you can't take some questioning, I'm sorry. If you can, than please back up your claims.
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Time to change the topic I think
    what people?
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    I still don't get why I should look for YOUR arguments.

    We were having a good little debate until you suddenly refused to back up your claims. We can't have a good discussion if we are not willing to back up what we say.

    I happen to have a mixed view on the war in Iraq. cf http://www.uk-learning.net/showthrea...860#post180860

    You obviously have found a very definite stance on this complex issue. I'm just trying to find out whether you're views are justified, in which case I should adopt them, or whether they are not valid. By asking questions I'm just testing the logical coherence of your statements.

    If you can't take some questioning, I'm sorry. If you can, than please back up your claims.
    ok what sources? What arguments?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    ok what sources? What arguments?
    OH GOd, please don't start him off again 2776
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    OH GOd, please don't start him off again 2776
    why did everyone go like "alrighty then", when i said, go search for sources before?
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    ok what sources? What arguments?

    1) Originally Posted by 2776
    But as we have seen nearly all Iraquis are wary of Bush.


    Originally Posted by 2776
    its on teh other post that someone else made about a vote, read the first pages before making a comment please


    2) Originally Posted by zizero
    You introduced the health-care argument by the following reply:

    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by CHAD
    Saddam Hussain attacked his own people! Killed hundreds, and you are saying we should have stood by and watched him kiil thousands more? Yes, american, britishish, iraqis and others died in the so called war, but many many many would have died if the troops hadn't gone in and liberated them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yes, but many more died because of the embargo. Iraq had one of the top 5 best health care system in the world before the war, but now it is a shambles.

    So, initially you were countering the argument that US and Coalition actions were justified because they saved on aggregate many lives, by saying that most lifes were lost because of the embargo, not because of Saddam and that hence the whole situation was America's fault anyway.

    But now you admit that the bad health-care and the embargo were Saddam's fault. So you admit that the number of lifes lost in Iraq in "peace-time" were Saddam's fault.

    So, why does this not "excuse" American action?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Look mate I havnt the time to explain, read my other thread it has all my best arguments in it. Its about 1 page long though


    These are the claims I'm referring to.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    why did everyone go like "alrighty then", when i said, go search for sources before?
    dunno, but this zizero is getting annoying. One of those people who has done nothing, yet believes they know everything
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    1) Originally Posted by 2776
    But as we have seen nearly all Iraquis are wary of Bush.


    Originally Posted by 2776
    its on teh other post that someone else made about a vote, read the first pages before making a comment please


    2) Originally Posted by zizero
    You introduced the health-care argument by the following reply:

    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by CHAD
    Saddam Hussain attacked his own people! Killed hundreds, and you are saying we should have stood by and watched him kiil thousands more? Yes, american, britishish, iraqis and others died in the so called war, but many many many would have died if the troops hadn't gone in and liberated them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yes, but many more died because of the embargo. Iraq had one of the top 5 best health care system in the world before the war, but now it is a shambles.

    So, initially you were countering the argument that US and Coalition actions were justified because they saved on aggregate many lives, by saying that most lifes were lost because of the embargo, not because of Saddam and that hence the whole situation was America's fault anyway.

    But now you admit that the bad health-care and the embargo were Saddam's fault. So you admit that the number of lifes lost in Iraq in "peace-time" were Saddam's fault.

    So, why does this not "excuse" American action?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Look mate I havnt the time to explain, read my other thread it has all my best arguments in it. Its about 1 page long though


    These are the claims I'm referring to.
    Right, so list them in order not a jumble of words. Give me points which need clarifying. Not just questions strung together
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    why did everyone go like "alrighty then", when i said, go search for sources before?
    because if i was interested id go search zizaro shut up
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Right, so list them in order not a jumble of words. Give me points which need clarifying. Not just questions strung together
    These are the points that need backing up:

    1) You say that 'nearly all Iraqis are wary of Bush'.
    You say the evidence is 'on the other post that someone else made about a vote'. I can't find it, certainly not in this thread. So that needs clarifying.

    2) You say that the fact that the embargo is Saddam's fault is no excuse for American actions.
    Yet, before you said that the argument, that the war was right because America liberated Iraq, was not valid, because most of the suffering of the Iraqi people were due to America anyway, because more people died through the embargo than directly through Saddam.
    I asked how you could reconcile these views and you just said, 'Look mate I havnt the time to explain, read my other thread it has all my best arguments in it. Its about 1 page long though'
    I can't find that 'other thread'.

    So, I guess it is legitimate to say that some clarification is needed here!
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    These are the points that need backing up:

    1) You say that 'nearly all Iraqis are wary of Bush'.
    You say the evidence is 'on the other post that someone else made about a vote'. I can't find it, certainly not in this thread. So that needs clarifying.

    2) You say that the fact that the embargo is Saddam's fault is no excuse for American actions.
    Yet, before you said that the argument, that the war was right because America liberated Iraq, was not valid, because most of the suffering of the Iraqi people were due to America anyway, because more people died through the embargo than directly through Saddam.
    I asked how you could reconcile these views and you just said, 'Look mate I havnt the time to explain, read my other thread it has all my best arguments in it. Its about 1 page long though'
    I can't find that 'other thread'.

    So, I guess it is legitimate to say that some clarification is needed here!
    1) as before on teh guy that posted a vote section from washington post
    2)i.e. When hitler started his killing of the jews, why did the Roman catholics do nothing? Y did the americans do nothing?
 
 
 
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.