Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    6th form prom tonight...gonna be wicked

however iv got a question to ask: im wearing a tux, but will it look silly if i don't wear a bow tie with it?

ReputationRep:
    have you got a cummerbund?

ReputationRep:
    aaaaaaaaaaarh help! lol im wearing a cummerbund

ReputationRep:
    then i think you have to wear both. why don't you want to wear the bowtie?

ReputationRep:
    It depends. What kind of school/college is it, usually you can get away with it but in some social circles it would be frowned upon!
    I usually wear mine for the first hour or so then it usually goes into the pocket. And I can never be bothered to wear a cummerband!
    Have a good time

god its all prom this prom that on here recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posh_git)
    6th form prom tonight...gonna be wicked

however iv got a question to ask: im wearing a tux, but will it look silly if i don't wear a bow tie with it?
    Yes it will. Wear a Nehru evening shirt with a stud instead of a bow-tie. Much classier.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should wear a bow tie. They look good! You could just wear it, and if you don't feel comfortable and others aren't wearing one, you could take it off.

ReputationRep:
    just wear a dress less hassle :p:

ReputationRep:
    I envy boys so much when it comes to things like "proms". They basically have a uniform, and they hardly have to go to any trouble at all, whereas with girls, there are so many different dresses and blahhhhhhhhhh it's just such a pain. It would be so much better if all girls wore the same dress.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it will
    I hate to break it to you but it will look absolutely ridiculous
    If you can't tie a bow tie or do not own one then wear a regular shirt and go as 'cool and individual'
    DONT try to customise - tuxedos are meant to be worn with a bow tie and look daft without it

ReputationRep:
    OK!

ReputationRep:
    its just that.....i dno lol i just don't really "do" bow ties. heh heh as Dill said i may take it off once like everyone's a bit drunk and no one really notices, and after photos :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posh_git)
    its just that.....i dno lol i just don't really "do" bow ties. heh heh as Dill said i may take it off once like everyone's a bit drunk and no one really notices, and after photos :P
    i don't "do" dresses..but i'm gna have 2 wounder reckon i'll feel pretty uncomfortable all night:P

ReputationRep:
    for gods sake, stop thinking your cool and wear the f*cking bow tie! Everyone will be wearing one. What do think will happen? You'll lose your cool anti-bowtie credentials?!!
    If you dont wear a bow tie you will just look scruffy, and an idiot. Get over yourself and wear it. People will NOT think less of you for wearing one!

ReputationRep:
    lol chill bill! seeing as some people are wearing just a normal suit or a shirt/black trousers i think im on top of the game!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you got your prom too, so have i at 7.30 except the bad thing is its just started raining so im going to get wet. Can't wait for this though, i hope it'll be good! Have fun at yours

ReputationRep:
    Wow, everyone seems to a have their prom today. I got mine today at 7.30, but im tried and a got a cold

ReputationRep:
    i have my prom but m worried as i have a spot... i no its terribly clched but hey

ReputationRep:
    Yeah as everyone says. Wear the tie. My plan for tomorrow night (after live8!) is to wear the tie and probly lose it later on if the party is going that way...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.