Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You see, he buys her dresses and takes her to opening nights. And he's called Aleksandr! So much better than Smith.

ReputationRep:
    and Smith's a bit young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    and Smith's a bit young.

Sounds like you have a thing for older men!!!

And whoever said Harry is perfect for charlotte, i agree!!!

"The Russian" is endearing but a bit pompus and too arrogant for my liking.

I prefer the type of arrogance that Big displayed, not as pompus!!

ReputationRep:
    I find Big way more annoying than the Russian. He's quite cool and everything, and I think he's right for Carrie, but after a while he just starts to irritate me.
    Older men? Me? :angel:

ReputationRep:
    id love any guy who gave me an oscar de la renta dress, the old romantic!!!

ReputationRep:
    The last episode was on last night and I've come to realise the last season really is my favourite. The way we see Paris, then NY at its best and how everything just comes together so nicely...and Carrie's outfits are definitely the best in the last season - the tighter tops with the full fairy-like, A-line skirts. I love em! So, what's your favourite season?

ReputationRep:
    Gwen I think I agree with you, the last season is just so....magical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Gwen I think I agree with you, the last season is just so....magical
    Yeah, it is good, isn't it?! The way Smith travels all the way down from Canada (which they make look like a freezing place that's only good for shooting cheap Hollywood movies....:hmpf: ) to see Samantha...because he forgot to tell her he loved her on the phone! :love: Okay, very unbelievable, but ridiculously sweet!

smith is lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwen)
    Yeah, it is good, isn't it?! The way Smith travels all the way down from Canada (which they make look like a freezing place that's only good for shooting cheap Hollywood movies....:hmpf: ) to see Samantha...because he forgot to tell her he loved her on the phone! :love: Okay, very unbelievable, but ridiculously sweet!

smith is lovely
    I think it may be the exact point in the last episode that I feel myself welling up...then it's full on bawling when Charlotte gets her baby :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I cry so much everytime I see the last episode. Its jsut so emotionally charged.. even though there all happy endings.. awwh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Ooh I cry so much everytime I see the last episode. Its jsut so emotionally charged.. even though there all happy endings.. awwh.
    You're so right...its happy endings all round :love:

ReputationRep:
    God Big is jsut so. The one. Its so sweet.. Awh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwen)
    The last episode was on last night and I've come to realise the last season really is my favourite. The way we see Paris, then NY at its best and how everything just comes together so nicely...and Carrie's outfits are definitely the best in the last season - the tighter tops with the full fairy-like, A-line skirts. I love em! So, what's your favourite season?
    I think 4 is probably my favourite series, but 6 definitely has them at their best. I love Lexie's funeral- all their outfits have wonderful hints of colour yet still look really respectful. We need a SATC replacement urgently.

I think the purpose of the two relationships Carrie has in series 6 are to reflect her emotional maturity; Berger is a writer as she is enjoying critical acclaim [which will ironically destory their relationship]. Aleksandr is more than a writer, he is an artist and it is in this sophisticated and worldly way that we, fans of Sex and the City, come to recognise the show.

One thing that upsets me is when people say 'one of the girls should have ended single'. Why? After over 90 episodes, don't you think they're just brilliant brilliant women, who have inspired thousands and changed completely perceptions of female sexuality. Why would they end up single?

ReputationRep:
    on the last episode, there's that french rap song in the back ground does anyone know where i can get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    on the last episode, there's that french rap song in the back ground does anyone know where i can get it?
    I *think* it's called "La Belle et Le Bad Boy" by MC Solaar, but I'm not too sure if that's the one you mean. You can get it from the Sex and the City Soundtrack or alternatively, download it. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwen)
    I *think* it's called "La Belle et Le Bad Boy" by MC Solaar, but I'm not too sure if that's the one you mean. You can get it from the Sex and the City Soundtrack or alternatively, download it. Hope that helps.
    thanks,
    do you have it? cos i dont really wanna download it cos i got rid of my downloading stuff cos it was pissing me off. if anyone has it, will the pm me. cos i really really want it. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    One thing that upsets me is when people say 'one of the girls should have ended single'. Why? After over 90 episodes, don't you think they're just brilliant brilliant women, who have inspired thousands and changed completely perceptions of female sexuality. Why would they end up single?
    you're completely right tom! I was thinking that this week.. Sam would have been the obvious choice to stay single.. but the fact that she could open up to love someone (as she did with evil richard) shows how her overall character has developed too!

Although to tell you the truth, I never really understood the whole Carrie-Russian thang - I mean, they realy didnt hav much in common. When he asked her out, she was like "WTF?" And then he put the banana in the bag thing.. I mean, c'mon - I would hav run away from him if I was her!! Berger was definitely more her type..except for the pyscho weirdo moments... :rolleyes:

I have to say my favourite series is series 4 too.. (altho I love them all..ESPECIALLY series 5 altho it was waaay too short). My fave episode is The Good Fight! IMMENSE!! When Carrie and Aidan have the hilarious fight in the bathroom..and Samantha finally falls for Richard! Brilliant!! (Although I also love Anchors Away in series 5!

Oh how i miss it so.. I totally have to take my DVDS to uni.. I hope I find other SATC apprecipates!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    ooh.. i remember that one?? When she's running thru Paris and Big is in the taxi? ooohh..BRILLIANT!
    The last episode of SATC was the best finale to a show ive ever seen.. the finale of friends does not even compare!!!

If I get a boyfriend (ever..ahem :rolleyes: ) I'll make him watch every episode of SATC YAY!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annik)
    you're completely right tom! I was thinking that this week.. Sam would have been the obvious choice to stay single.. but the fact that she could open up to love someone (as she did with evil richard) shows how her overall character has developed too!

Although to tell you the truth, I never really understood the whole Carrie-Russian thang - I mean, they realy didnt hav much in common. When he asked her out, she was like "WTF?" And then he put the banana in the bag thing.. I mean, c'mon - I would hav run away from him if I was her!! Berger was definitely more her type..except for the pyscho weirdo moments... :rolleyes:

I have to say my favourite series is series 4 too.. (altho I love them all..ESPECIALLY series 5 altho it was waaay too short). My fave episode is The Good Fight! IMMENSE!! When Carrie and Aidan have the hilarious fight in the bathroom..and Samantha finally falls for Richard! Brilliant!! (Although I also love Anchors Away in series 5!

Oh how i miss it so.. I totally have to take my DVDS to uni.. I hope I find other SATC apprecipates!!
    I think my favourite episodes are:

-An American Girl In Paris (part deux)
    -Splat!
    -I Love A Charade
    -Plus One Is The Loneliest Number
    -I Heart NY
    -A Vogue Idea [just for the Vivienne Westwood pinstripe suit and vintage brooch alone; let alone how fantastic the whole episode is]

ooh I just can't narrow it down!

There are so many iconic episodes and moments. I find it ironic how SJP and Kim C have such great 1-1 screen chemistry yet hate each other in real life. The scenes with the two of them; such as the Birkin bag, the trisexual, the 'what's annoying'; are just SO full of warmth.

ReputationRep:
    Did you see the eppy on Paramount last night? The one where Carrie is skint, Charlotte doesn't offer her money (but in the end her engagement ring) and when Samantha discovers her presents are from his PA? Anyhoo a bit completely cracked me up...Miranda is pregnant, and her and Carrie were going shopping for shoes, and she's full of...wind....anyway she pulls her fingers and goes 'Can you belive I just pulled my own finger and farted?' OMG it was class :toofunny:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.