The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton university primary ed interview HELP!

I have applied for primary school teaching and have an interview at brighton on wednesday. Has anyone had theirs yet? Any tips?? thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did you find out about the interview? Did they e-mail you?
And when did you send off your application?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
dbaker12
How did you find out about the interview? Did they e-mail you?
And when did you send off your application?

hi, sorry i only just saw your post.
They sent me a letter about the interview, but i dont think they sent me an email (some unis do both).
I sent of my application on the 15th of october, you?
I just found out today that they offered me a place so im really pleased :smile:
When's your interview? Feel free to ask me any questions about it
Reply 3
I sent my application off on the 20th November. They havn't even achknowledged my application. I have an interview with Canterbury but no one else has got back to me yet. Well done for getting into Brighton! I hope I get some sort of contact with Brighton soon as I am getting worried lol.
Reply 4
Congrats on getting in what age you gone for?,
dbaker12 - I sent my application off about the same time as you and I recieved a letter about a week ago. I have an interview for 5-11 prmary teaching on the 20th Jan so fingers crossed, I hope you hear from them soon
x
Reply 5
dbaker12
I sent my application off on the 20th November. They havn't even achknowledged my application. I have an interview with Canterbury but no one else has got back to me yet. Well done for getting into Brighton! I hope I get some sort of contact with Brighton soon as I am getting worried lol.

Don't worry too much about it, Brighton was the last uni too get back to me. The interview is quite hard..maybe i just had a scary man :P
I have had an offer from Canterbury..they seem quite good. When is you interview? You have an english test then a group interview where you have to prepare a presentation on what children need to learn. You present it in a group of 5 to another group of 5 aplicants. It's an alright interview and I hate giving presentations..but I quite enjoyed this one.
Reply 6
natt5253
Congrats on getting in what age you gone for?,
dbaker12 - I sent my application off about the same time as you and I recieved a letter about a week ago. I have an interview for 5-11 prmary teaching on the 20th Jan so fingers crossed, I hope you hear from them soon
x

I've applied for 5-11 too, so I might see you in september :smile:
Is it your first choice? Just ask if you have any questions about the interview. I think it was my hardest one but the most rewarding in the end :biggrin:
Good luck!
Reply 7
becagomes
I've applied for 5-11 too, so I might see you in september :smile:
Is it your first choice? Just ask if you have any questions about the interview. I think it was my hardest one but the most rewarding in the end :biggrin:
Good luck!

Thanks,It is my first choice =]So yeah hopefully see you in September. A few of my friends started in the September just gone so Im not too worried aout the interview as Ive heard about them quite a bit lol.
Brighton is usually really over subscribed which is why the interviews are harder, something like 10 people apply for every place!
Reply 8
natt5253
Thanks,It is my first choice =]So yeah hopefully see you in September. A few of my friends started in the September just gone so Im not too worried aout the interview as Ive heard about them quite a bit lol.
Brighton is usually really over subscribed which is why the interviews are harder, something like 10 people apply for every place!

yeah only 1 in 11 who apply get in! :s-smilie:
Wow..! what do your friends think of it? I've heard its really good for teaching. I can't wait :smile:
Where else have you applyed?
Reply 9
becagomes
yeah only 1 in 11 who apply get in! :s-smilie:
Wow..! what do your friends think of it? I've heard its really good for teaching. I can't wait :smile:
Where else have you applyed?

They love it all of them have got on really well, one I have never seen happier!
I haven't applied anywhere else this year so fingers crossed i get in here
x
Reply 10
natt5253
They love it all of them have got on really well, one I have never seen happier!
I haven't applied anywhere else this year so fingers crossed i get in here
x

Wow sounds amazing, I'm so exited!
Hopefully you will get in (I'm sure you will) and we will see eachother there :smile:
are you taking a year out?
Reply 11
becagomes
Wow sounds amazing, I'm so exited!
Hopefully you will get in (I'm sure you will) and we will see eachother there :smile:
are you taking a year out?

Yeah I didnt want to go straight to Uni, so Im working in a nursery this year :smile:
Are you going straight to Uni from College?
Reply 12
natt5253
Yeah I didnt want to go straight to Uni, so Im working in a nursery this year :smile:
Are you going straight to Uni from College?

Yeahh I'm too impatient to wait for a year :P I'm in sixth form now.
I'm doing one day a week in a year 3 class (which I love =])
Do you know what accomodation you are going to choose at brighton? I dont really know much about it :P
Reply 13
becagomes
Yeahh I'm too impatient to wait for a year :P I'm in sixth form now.
I'm doing one day a week in a year 3 class (which I love =])
Do you know what accomodation you are going to choose at brighton? I dont really know much about it :P

Im staying at home because I only live in Eastbourne so I dont really know anything about the accomodation side of things really.

Ive never worked in a year 3 class...done year 1 and 4 and i loved them.
Reply 14
natt5253
Im staying at home because I only live in Eastbourne so I dont really know anything about the accomodation side of things really.

Ive never worked in a year 3 class...done year 1 and 4 and i loved them.

i absolutely loved my year 3 class, they were all so sweet :smile:
i live in london so i will need to look into accomodation..but i have a while before i have to sort that out i think. but im so impatient i just want to sort it all out :P
Reply 15
becagomes
i absolutely loved my year 3 class, they were all so sweet :smile:
i live in london so i will need to look into accomodation..but i have a while before i have to sort that out i think. but im so impatient i just want to sort it all out :P

Im like that, I hate waiting for things.I cant wait for interview I just want to get it over and done with.

Get in as quick as possible to get the best accomodation though =]
Reply 16
natt5253
Im like that, I hate waiting for things.I cant wait for interview I just want to get it over and done with.

Get in as quick as possible to get the best accomodation though =]

well hopefully i will be seeing you there!
Yeah, I think they send you a sheet for you to put down what acomodation you want..but im not really sure.
How are you feeling about the interview?
Reply 17
becagomes
well hopefully i will be seeing you there!
Yeah, I think they send you a sheet for you to put down what acomodation you want..but im not really sure.
How are you feeling about the interview?

Im not too worried but i think I've just managed to convince myself its not a big deal otherwise I would be so so so nervous! I'm rather excited about it in a way as well :smile:

How you getting on with your A-levels? are they hard?
Reply 18
natt5253
Im not too worried but i think I've just managed to convince myself its not a big deal otherwise I would be so so so nervous! I'm rather excited about it in a way as well :smile:

How you getting on with your A-levels? are they hard?

they are going well i think. I finished my spanish A level all last year so i only have two subjects atm :smile: Hows it going for you?

I found the interview hard...I think I got an evil man though ( I had the head of the course interviewing me). Just make sure you have a couple of example for every questions i.e. if they ask if you would work well in a team make sure you have examples of how you have worked ina team previously.Just think of things you have done that you can talk about in your interview...thats what i found the hardest to think of under pressure.
Reply 19
becagomes
they are going well i think. I finished my spanish A level all last year so i only have two subjects atm :smile: Hows it going for you?

I found the interview hard...I think I got an evil man though ( I had the head of the course interviewing me). Just make sure you have a couple of example for every questions i.e. if they ask if you would work well in a team make sure you have examples of how you have worked ina team previously.Just think of things you have done that you can talk about in your interview...thats what i found the hardest to think of under pressure.

Thanks good advice, I hate having to think under pressure especially if you have to make yourself sound good :smile:

I finished my BTEC in June so Im just working at the moment. Its nice to have a break from studying but I do sort of miss it as well in a way. I cant wait to get back to learning (if I get in of course lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending