Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!!!

I applied to the University of Nottingham in Malaysia and got a conditional offer for BEng Chemical Engineerng. Is there any other TSRians that had applied to UNiM?

ReputationRep:
    i was seriously considering it until i decided that i didn't want to do chemical engineering. i think they are moving to a brand new campus this year or sumthin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goddess)
    Hi guys!!!

I applied to the University of Nottingham in Malaysia and got a conditional offer for BEng Chemical Engineerng. Is there any other TSRians that had applied to UNiM?
    Hi! I'm from Malaysia. I think you should go for it because it has a quite high reputation in Malaysia. Its campus is at the Capital city of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. A nice place to have fun. You will find a fantastic nightlife around that area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazingdonkey)
    i was seriously considering it until i decided that i didn't want to do chemical engineering. i think they are moving to a brand new campus this year or sumthin
    I saw pictures of the new campus. It's beautiful. So did you apply for any other course at UNiM?

ReputationRep:
    well i wanted to do chemistry instead. too bad they don't offer it =(

ReputationRep:
    Students who complete the full-course in UNiM (Malaysian campus), are they finally awarded a UK accredited degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <A-S-H-I-Q-U-E>)
    Students who complete the full-course in UNiM (Malaysian campus), are they finally awarded a UK accredited degree?
    Yes. Both the UK students and the UNiM students get the same sertificate aswell. If you want to know more, check out www.nottingham.edu.my

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goddess)
    Yes. Both the UK students and the UNiM students get the same sertificate aswell. If you want to know more, check out www.nottingham.edu.my
    Wow... that's very good!

BTW, do u know other unis in Malaysia where I can study Civil Engineering (incase i can't get enrolled in UK uni) and then transfer to the partner uni in UK or any UK uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <A-S-H-I-Q-U-E>)
    Wow... that's very good!

BTW, do u know other unis in Malaysia where I can study Civil Engineering (incase i can't get enrolled in UK uni) and then transfer to the partner uni in UK or any UK uni?
    I think you can transfer to UK from Taylor's College and INTI College. And there's also the Australian Universities, which are Monash, Swinburne and Curtin.

ReputationRep:
    Thanx...

ReputationRep:
    hey i am planning on going there as well. when ru planning on goin. i am from sri lanka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tracer)
    hey i am planning on going there as well. when ru planning on goin. i am from sri lanka.
    Hi Tracer,

This is one of the UNiM representatives in SL.

Aspirations Education,
    25, Albert Perera Mawatha,
    Nawala Road, Nugegoda.
    Tel: 2816952, 286951
    E-mail: [email protected]

I think it is best that you call this office and ask for an appointment to talk to someone there. They are very helpful and friendly. They also had a Malaysian education fair recently in Colombo. But the first time I talked to a person from UNiM was at the EducationUK fair. You can get more information on EducationUK from www.educationuk.lk or www.britishcouncil.org/srilanka . Also try the UNiM website www.nottingham.edu.my .

You can also apply by yourself, but that is more complicated when it comes to Visa stuff. So I think it is best to contact this office.

Good luck,
    Goddess

ReputationRep:
    hey dude thanks alot. but another friend of mine got it for me yesterday. thanks anyway. and he gave me someone elses address they r at bamba and i found their address at the website when i checked the www.nottingham.edu.my link that u gave me. so i think its better to apply through them. i have been to this aspirations place but regarding australian unis .they r quite friendly.
    but they r in a bloody corner. so i went to the other guys .thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone know about the broadband service in this uni. how much does it cost. how fast is it. any limits.

i cant live without a broadband. i need p2p for my music and movies.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.