Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got mine today! Anyone else have yearbooks from leaving school? Anyone find it sad that you won't see some people ever again?

ReputationRep:
    I considered getting one but decided not to - I have everyone's e-mail address so no. Besides I'm glad I won't see a few people again....

ReputationRep:
    yes i got mine today. didn't manage to get all my teachers to sign it tho wait till results day.

where are you from happysoul?

edit: the year book was fantastic. it was all online and we entered in our own pages of favourite memories, comments to friends etc.. and we had pages of stuff like confessions, do you remember, teacher's comments, a contacts page, and many many photo pages. smashing

ReputationRep:
    I still have my year book when I ledt school in 1999, I keep losing it but then when I'm sorting my room out and stumble across it, it brings back so many good memories

ReputationRep:
    when i left school last year, i made my own book, the one the school did was crap... half the pics were missing and they used our yr9 photos!!! i put loads of pics of absolutely everyone and got everyone to sign near a photo of them. i luv it and it still makes me cry when i read what people wrote!

ReputationRep:
    Our sixth form council organised ours. It should be really good. We get it on results day. Its funny that most of the people you know so much about but you will probably never see some of them again.

ReputationRep:
    I will get mine on results day. Looking forward to getting the yearbook, but not the results.

ReputationRep:
    we never had one

We had one made this year. I was voted most likely to win an oscar by the girls school :p: It was a joint yearbook between two schools so only problem is I don't really know most of the male section of the book...

ReputationRep:
    I have a yearbook, but I don't care much for most of the people in it. :| Wish I could say sixth form was good, but it just, well, wasn't!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we were ment to pay for ours, and most of the year did; however when they came around issuing yearbooks I was given one too (I hadn't paid). Anyway I gladly took it had everyone sign it and there were a few tears shed (not on my behalf though!). Was all good though, I'm glad to have seen the last of the chavs.

ReputationRep:
    There's a yearbook fiasco with mine. The company printed ours backwards and our head of yearbook threw a hoo har at them, so she got them to rebind them and delivery them within a week. It was meant to be delivered yesterday but it go delivered to the wrong school!!
    So now I'm waiting to see if they have been finally delivered back to ours and have to distribute them individually. So damn annoying!! Either that, or I have to give it out on results day.

ReputationRep:
    we don't get ours till the last day of school - how cruddy is that? we have from 8 till 11.30 to get it signed and whatnot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Apparently we were ment to pay for ours, and most of the year did; however when they came around issuing yearbooks I was given one too (I hadn't paid). Anyway I gladly took it had everyone sign it and there were a few tears shed (not on my behalf though!). Was all good though, I'm glad to have seen the last of the chavs.
    We have to pay ours too. If we don't pay, we don't get our copy (not even printed too). We are getting it during results day. It's lucky that you get them before that day though.

(Original post by orangejuice)
    we don't get ours till the last day of school - how cruddy is that? we have from 8 till 11.30 to get it signed and whatnot...
    We get ours during results day. I don't think we have the chance to sign the yearbooks, as other people would just collect the results and go home or are calling uni's if there are problems.

I think the time you have to sign yearbooks are sufficient (3 hrs 30 mins).

ReputationRep:
    we got ours on the last day, just b4 exam leave. we had like a leavers assmebly and then we got given the, ( we had to pay a £10) they were decent, except i was stupid enough to let my frined do my bit because i was on an open day ( durham) when the deadline for our bits. well at least its memorable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysoul)
    Just got mine today! Anyone else have yearbooks from leaving school? Anyone find it sad that you won't see some people ever again?
    Get mine on results day.

I dont know why I bought one though. I dont wanna remember half of those f*ckers :p:

(Original post by trev)
    We have to pay ours too. If we don't pay, we don't get our copy (not even printed too). We are getting it during results day. It's lucky that you get them before that day though.

We get ours during results day. I don't think we have the chance to sign the yearbooks, as other people would just collect the results and go home or are calling uni's if there are problems.

I think the time you have to sign yearbooks are sufficient (3 hrs 30 mins).
    It took me over a week to get everyone to write in my yearbook. It is so difficult to get to everyone when everyone is also concerned with finding someone else...

ReputationRep:
    We got ours on Leavers Day (Thursday) its really bad...a thin thing which is full of the "populars". I think most of them asked people to nominate them in categories (Best bum, blah blah). I paid £10 for it, which it's so not worth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    It took me over a week to get everyone to write in my yearbook. It is so difficult to get to everyone when everyone is also concerned with finding someone else...
    That is a long time to get everyone sign your yearbook! Yeah, I think I would have problems signing the year book where people find each other, and other people want to find other people. We even have less time to sign our yearbooks, as we get them during results day (as said above in more detail :p: ). That is the only day that we can sign the yearbooks.

I just hope the yearbooks would be done before leaver's day though. However, for the past few years, the yearbooks have been given out during results day.

ReputationRep:
    I did not bother with my old school's as getting it would involve going to the leavers ball and most of the people that went to that I would not be that sad to be leaving thereore it would be better for my place to go to someone who actually wanted to go to it. Looking at someone elses, it was not that great - typical "best bum" "best hair" "most likely to be famous" blah blah blah blah, photos of all the popular people and notes from the chavs. I am pretty sure that we don't even get yearbooks from college.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.