Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey just joined here and im in a bit of a pickle im trying to get into collage after having missed 2 years of School (including any/all studying for GCSE's)
    now im stuck, i have "left it to late" and im really stuck, i have only just turned 16 and im still living with my mother child "support" is soon to be cut off and i have no collage or job no GCSE's and any/all jobs ive tryed need a certain knowlage of maths(of witch i cant do to save my life)

if anyone has any helpfull suggestions please post?
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smooie)
    Hey just joined here and im in a bit of a pickle im trying to get into collage after having missed 2 years of School (including any/all studying for GCSE's)
    now im stuck, i have "left it to late" and im really stuck, i have only just turned 16 and im still living with my mother child "support" is soon to be cut off and i have no collage or job no GCSE's and any/all jobs ive tryed need a certain knowlage of maths(of witch i cant do to save my life)

thanks!
    I don't know if this is much help, but what about night classes in GCSE? Or try your local careers centre, they might be able to help you or give you other options?

Also some colleges I know let people in who don't have GCSE's, but have circumstances which prevented them from getting any. They do some access courses which is kind of a bridge to get you back into education.

Good Luck hun and don't give up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    I don't know if this is much help, but what about night classes in GCSE? Or try your local careers centre, they might be able to help you or give you other options?

Also some colleges I know let people in who don't have GCSE's, but have circumstances which prevented them from getting any. They do some access courses which is kind of a bridge to get you back into education.

Good Luck hun and don't give up!
    thanks for the reply , altho ive looked into alot of options i still cant find anything im intrested in computing as ive been on computers all my life and do alot of programming on them , but i still need GCSE's and i cant find any place to get them done right now also if i cant get a job then spending another year waiting to do them is not an option

ReputationRep:
    um, why did you miss 2 years of school? what did you do during this time?

ReputationRep:
    I'm also curious as to why you missed 2 years of school. I wish I could help you with this problem, but I seem to be at a loss here....

ReputationRep:
    Sainsburys is always recruiting

ReputationRep:
    Or McDonalds. I've heard McD's can be a very rewarding career choice.

ReputationRep:
    For the two comments above mine, I must say, you are really helpful and funny. :rolleyes:

Listen, smooie, some one who does computing and programming would find GCSE Maths a breeze! Don't worry about that aspect!

ReputationRep:
    How come you missed out on 2 years though? You will be able to go to college classes where you can do some gcse's for sure.. you may even be able to do them all in 1 year which woudl be good for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    For the two comments above mine, I must say, you are really helpful and funny. :rolleyes:
    I like to think so

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, I've seen a few users around here that are good at computing but seem to have trouble with maths. Though on the whole, usually maths is instinctive for avid computerists and programmers.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, you're going to have a hard time getting into college! I suggest you do what someone else prompted and take GCSE night classes and enter exams as a private candidate, then maybe when you're 18 you can enquire about a college... I also think with you lack of education, you'd be too overwhelmed with college, and may find it discouragingly hard. Good luck to you whatever you do, hope you sort something out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Colonel)
    I like to think so
    Hey come on, you're just being a brat... This guy is obviously worried and in need of emotional reassurance at least. Give him that, otherwise don't bother posting.

ReputationRep:
    also you can take home teahc it yaself stuf wiht those people on the adverts lol, in case you just wanna take it at your own pace

ReputationRep:
    Never trust adverts! I don't think they'd be much help for your education. I agree that your simply going to have to push your education 2 years forward, and in the meantime take these night classes people are mentioning to get things back into gear

ReputationRep:
    my cousin had to do the same thing,push education back, but i she had a baby at 14 so maybe its slightly different story lol

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh dear dear dear. Prostitution?

Or you could be my personal Jesus for a few pounds a day, WELL beggers cant be choosers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Hey come on, you're just being a brat... This guy is obviously worried and in need of emotional reassurance at least. Give him that, otherwise don't bother posting.
    *prat

Oh dont worry Im sure you will be fine mate. The whole world will work around you and dont worry everyone will make sure you get straight A's and dont have any problems dont worry abput missing out on your GCSEs you'll be fine. 10 years from now you will be the worlds richest person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smooie)

thanks!
    ok ok ok on a serious note. Get metriculation out the way ie. maths english and science, maths and english more. When you have GCSEs in those you can progress from there. Thats all i have im afraid.

Im sure the other esteemed members of TSR can help you betetr than I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Ahhh dear dear dear. Prostitution?

Or you could be my personal Jesus for a few pounds a day, WELL beggers cant be choosers.
    mark what are you on about lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.